Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Cloak and Dagger

As of the Spider Island storyline, Cloak and Dagger swapped power sets (so now Dagger has Cloak's power, and Cloak has Dagger's power)...

Is this still a thing, or have things returned back to normal?

And if it is still a thing, does Dagger (Tandy) now call herself Cloak and Cloak (Tyrone) now call himself Dagger?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

I don't think they have appeared in any comic since Spider Island so yes it is still a thing. I don't even remember much about that storyline but I do know the powers they now have were the powers they were always supposed to have or something like that, which made me think it was going to be a long term thing. But honestly I don't know.

They did show up in the first issue of Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, with their powers still reversed. They only show up for a couple panels, and we don't really get to see their powers in action.

I hope there is some kind of interest in them in 616 earth cause I hate what has been done them in ultimate universe. There's a problem when the only development is to have break up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    As of the Spider Island storyline, Cloak and Dagger swapped power sets (so now Dagger has Cloak's power, and Cloak has Dagger's power)...

Is this still a thing, or have things returned back to normal?

And if it is still a thing, does Dagger (Tandy) now call herself Cloak and Cloak (Tyrone) now call himself Dagger?
    Gosh...we/SZ wud luv Marvel 2 gv Spencer a C & D ongoing which follows dat story supportd by d artists dat did d brilliant 1-shot frm a while bak.

By d way, if C & D were in d now cancelld NW run, NW wud hv lastd longer. C & D r bettafit 2 NW dan those nu-xcters.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Even though Cloak and Dagger aren't popular enough to support an ongoing, I wish Marvel would give them a 4-8 issue miniseries every year or so. Especially if it was done by Spencer and Rios.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Even though Cloak and Dagger aren't popular enough to support an ongoing, I wish Marvel would give them a 4-8 issue miniseries every year or so. Especially if it was done by Spencer and Rios.
    Yeah, Spencer clearly had a lot of love for the characters. And Rios is a perfect artistic match.

Come on, Marvel! First-ever fan letter if Rios does Cloak and Dagger again!

Invincible Member

I agree. I would love to see a Spencer written follow up mini.

seriously? So have their personalities changed at all?
    I want to see Tyrone getting some independence. I've dug the characters, but historically, there's the lingering (subtextual) perception that his quasi-vampire status is aggravated with the cross-racial crush on Tandy, and makes him look like he's just fetishizing white chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    seriously? So have their personalities changed at all?
    I want to see Tyrone getting some independence. I've dug the characters, but historically, there's the lingering (subtextual) perception that his quasi-vampire status is aggravated with the cross-racial crush on Tandy, and makes him look like he's just fetishizing white chicks.
    We don't really know if their new powers have affected their personalities. Dazzler did seem pretty angry and aggressive in that Team-Up issue, but she was being possessed at the time by the Carrion virus, so that confuses things.

However, the Spider-Island mini itself showed a major change in Cloak. He was happy, cheerful, embracing the superhero lifestyle. I thought it was an awesome way to go. I also loved Dazzler going to college, but that's probably over for now. Spencer really did write a fantastic take on the characters. And Rios drew them so damned well. I actually want to see Rios draw a book set at a college. It was touched on in the Cloak and Dagger mini, and it was touched on in the Firestar one-shot. And in both cases, it was something I wanted to see more of.

Cool, cool. Thank you everyone who responded! And I, like others, wouldn't mind seeing the occasional 4, 8 or 12 issue limited series featuring Cloak & Dagger.

And yes, D'spayre had said (way back when) that their powers were reversed (Tandy should have the darkness, Tyrone the light). And Mr. Negative (is that really his name?) touched them both on Spider Island and reversed each of their powers (making what D'spayre had said so long ago, now come true).

I was hoping they appeared somewhere (which I doubted, since they frequently popped up in Spider-Man, which I am collecting currently) and somehow got BACK to Tandy being Dagger and Tyrone being Cloak. Don't like the reverse idea, myself. Guess I am just too used to them the other way (I have all their LS, minis, the Mutant Adventures Of, etc)...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I would love to see some more cloak and dagger. I really love the stuff I have read with them and for sure pick up anything they were in. I loved their Spider Island story too. And the art on that mini series was great. If only they went though with that tv show. They could have gotten more popular.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I'd rather they were in the Mighty Avengers instead of Power Man and White Tiger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather they were in the Mighty Avengers instead of Power Man and White Tiger.
    That would work, now that I think of it.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    However, the Spider-Island mini itself showed a major change in Cloak. He was happy, cheerful, embracing the superhero lifestyle. I thought it was an awesome way to go. I also loved Dazzler going to college, but that's probably over for now. Spencer really did write a fantastic take on the characters. And Rios drew them so damned well. I actually want to see Rios draw a book set at a college. It was touched on in the Cloak and Dagger mini, and it was touched on in the Firestar one-shot. And in both cases, it was something I wanted to see more of.
    You know, that setup could actually work for a New Warriors series. Maybe have a team consisting of roughly college-aged (or late-high school that can dual enroll at a university) super heroes that are noteworthy enough to have a book like: Cloak, Dagger, Firestar, Scarlet Spider, Nova, and Ms. Marvel