Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

C&D started off as teen heroes. At this point, in the 616 universe they are presumed to be in their early 20s at the most.

I hope that Tyrone/Cloak, in particular, is given a more sophisticated, nuanced portrayal in the series. In the comics, there was a "beauty & the beast" motif that lingered through most interpretations of the characters: Tyrone's angst over his darkforce-vampirism and his unrequited crush on Tandy. In his "depowered" form he also had a speech impediment. Depending on how cynically one is of a mind to read the original origin, it may need some updating (Ty was a Roxbury-bred would-be purse-snatcher who saw a friend get gunned down by the police before running away; Tandy was an upper-middle-class ballet student with distant parents before she bailed town)

My prediction is that the rogues' gallery won't involve much beyond regular gangsters. I'm thinking Cloak's teleportation may also be curtailed somewhat.

By Chrissie Zullo

Ultimate Member

"“FREEFORM GREENLIGHTS MARVEL ROMANCE SUPERHERO SERIES ‘CLOAK AND DAGGER’"

“Freeform is venturing into the Marvel universe.

The younger-skewing Disney-owned network has greenlit “Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger” with a straight-to-series order, Variety has exclusively learned.

Described as a superhero love story, “Cloak and Dagger” is based on the titular comic book duo (also known as Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson) who have appeared in Marvel Comics classics, including “Spiderman” and “X-Men” stories.

The live-action interracial romance follows the duo, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love — Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

No writer has been attached to the series, but the search is currently under way. Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios will co-produce.

The characters’ story is targeted toward young adults, making “Cloak and Dagger” a seamless fit for Freeform (previously ABC Family) whose target audience is “Becomers,” the 14-34 demo.

Marking the network’s first-ever Marvel series, Freeform is following in the footsteps of big sister net ABC, which has a slew of Marvel properties on its slate including “Agents of SHIELD” and “Agent Carter,” plus Mockingbird spinoff “Marvel’s Most Wanted” and a top-secret Marvel project from John Ridley in development. Getting Freeform into the Marvel game is a smart move for Disney-ABC, as the cable network is held to lower ratings standards than a big broadcast network. (ABC has struggled with ratings for “Agent Carter,” which remains on the bubble in the wake of critical praise.)

Superhero fare is a new genre for Freeform, which recently pushed into fantasy fare with “Shadowhunters.” That drama was just renewed for a second season, and “Cloak and Dagger” will pair nicely with the saga series, broadening the net’s programming.”

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...ak-and-dagger/

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marv...es-1201747907/

I guess it's too late to get Joss Whedon involved. The studio should look to people with YA experience. This should also be someone who respects the comics source material, though they shouldn't be limited by the strictest interpretation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Marcio Takara
    Marcio Takara does a to me terrific rendition of C&D. Thanks for sharing juan678

BANNED

Cloak and Dagger times three!!!

616MarvelYear is LeapYear Thanks new
    Dagger by AdamHughes

cloak and dagger by adisTM

Cloak and Dagger by abc142
    You're welcome and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for these to me AWESOME images by Adam Hughes, adisTM and abc142. To me, the one by adisTM is particularly STRIKING!!!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-10-2016 at 08:27 PM.

There's so many cool images of Cloak & Dagger together, really.

Visually, they are a stunning piece together.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Some Dagger down time, for Kate Beaton.

Cloak And Dagger by Starforgemj

Cloak And Dagger by Starforgemj
    both very nice!!! hope they come back in a cartoon show.

This is by Erica Henderson. That EH! at the bottom is her signature. (Also I remember when she posted it.)

MARCIOABREU7

the animated series can't come soon enough. Live action done well would be great but I'd still like to see an exploration of the characters in animation, with lots of the original series' villains and supporting characters.

It's funny, once Marvel decided they were no longer mutants, I stopped caring about happened to them.

Odd, cause I have their first mini and use to buy any comic I saw with them in it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The power switcheroo had me less interested, but thankfully, that's over.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier