Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Indeed a weird premiere date it seams like it won't get a big push. Hopefully they will stay away from the heroine/drug origin because that is a bit messed up and far fetch. It is not realistic and doesn't make story more grounded, real, dark or relevant. Interesting they have switched the stealing aspect of the origin story. I like it since it bit sterotypical it was the black guy stealing from the white girl (or wants to at least). If Dagger/Tandy is still a runaway kid it would also make more sense it she is the one stealing. Don't know if I'm that sold on the show though (loved the classic stories).
    I don't entirely agree about getting rid of the drug aspect of the origin. To me, it's as timely as ever with the heroin epidemic.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Here's a question.

I was rereading some old issues and read runaways vol 1 11 and dagger mentions something about 'children's crusade' is this referring to a specific previous story or event? This is from years before the avenger children's crusade never noticed that line before.

I assume it was meant more metaphorically, but I don't remember the exact quote. "Crusade" could mean "quest" or "goal" in this context and both could be a reference to the actual children's crusade in the 13th Century.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I wonder if there's something more to there avoiding the police at the end beyond the obvious reasons (Ty being a black kid wearing a hoodie and Tandy being a thief).

Also disappointed by the lack of costumes...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Damn, this looks cool. I love the showcase of their powers at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also disappointed by the lack of costumes...
    I'm not so disappointed because, being a TV show, I understand they have the luxury of taking their time to build up to that sort of thing. At least one promotional image showing them with costumes would be nice, though. Unless they're pulling an Iron Fist on them and they're not getting costumes in the first season at all.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-28-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if there's something more to there avoiding the police at the end beyond the obvious reasons (Ty being a black kid wearing a hoodie and Tandy being a thief).
    Isn't that basically the story from the comics?

I'm really excited by this and can't wait for June. I really like the chemistry that the two actors have which is essential for Cloack and Dagger.

a new mini series is needed. But I guess no announcement means nothing's coming. there should be at least archival collections available.

Looks good

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't entirely agree about getting rid of the drug aspect of the origin. To me, it's as timely as ever with the heroin epidemic.
    Well, it's like what kind of street drug is going to have the side effect of giving someone teleportation and energy powers? I kind of felt that was probably why C&D were ret-conned into being mutants and and the drugs kick started their powers.

But otherwise the old origin could still work.

It looks like Roxxon is somehow involved, perhaps they replace the Mob in this new story in that they're the one's experimenting on kids.
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-01-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, it's like what kind of street drug is going to have the side effect of giving someone teleportation and energy powers? I kind of felt that was probably why C&D were ret-conned into being mutants and and the drugs kick started their powers.
    It wasn't just any street drug, though, it was D-Lite, a drug literally created by a demon, so the fact that it possibly had mystical properties could explain why they got superhuman abilities. I would actually love if the show kept this mystical aspect of their origin, but after what they did with the Staff Of One on Runaways, I'm not very hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    a new mini series is needed. But I guess no announcement means nothing's coming. there should be at least archival collections available.
    We've been getting two announcements a day all week, and several big names still haven't been announced (Deadpool, Miles Morales, Iron Man). If something is planned in June or July, we should know by next week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It wasn't just any street drug, though, it was D-Lite, a drug literally created by a demon, so the fact that it possibly had mystical properties could explain why they got superhuman abilities. I would actually love if the show kept this mystical aspect of their origin, but after what they did with the Staff Of One on Runaways, I'm not very hopeful.
    That's another ret-con though, but it's one that sorta kinda makes sense. If I were a staff writer at Marvel, that's what I would go with.