Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx74205 View Post
    In the show they seem to be hinting at a romantic pairing between these two. Are Cloak and Dagger a couple in the comics?
    Yep, pretty much for their whole existence they have been an item.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yep, pretty much for their whole existence they have been an item.
    They've had a Will-They-Won't-They thing for most of their existence. They haven't really had an official romantic relationship very often.

NVM adsasdasd
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-27-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    They've had a Will-They-Won't-They thing for most of their existence. They haven't really had an official romantic relationship very often.
    They've sort of gone with a "too cursed to date" thing for a bit, but they definitely acted as a couple and people thought they were a couple quite often.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't think the "relationship" has ever been consummated in the comics. Obviously that's creepy territory for the TV show since they're back to being teens there. I wouldn't expect more than vague flirtation on the show.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't think the "relationship" has ever been consummated in the comics. Obviously that's creepy territory for the TV show since they're back to being teens there. I wouldn't expect more than vague flirtation on the show.
    Oh boy... you don't know much about teen shows these days, do you? I mean, Freeform, specially after the rebrand ditching the ''ABC Family'' name, has never shied away from controversial and racy storylines with teen characters. I mean, every Freeform show with a teen character that I've ever watched dealt with teenage sex at some point. Just recently we had a teen couple having sex on Runaways, which is also a Marvel show. I'm not saying that's absolutely going to be the case here, but if it's not, it's certainly not because of some network rule that they can't.

In classic Cloak and Dagger stories Cloak loves/wants to be with Dagger, Dagger loves/but is not in love with Cloak. That said I will be completely shocked if they don't become a couple on the TV show. You are assigning way too much morals to teen television shows.

Edit: Agree with Drops of Venus, should have read 1 more reply before I posted.

... No cloak and Dagger giveaway? That' awfully short sighted. Could have just made a reprint-- oh well....

I hope that there's more sophisticated portrayals on the show. no more mopey black-creep, aloof middle-class white princess tropes...

I hope that there's more sophisticated portrayals on the show. no more mopey black-creep, aloof middle-class white princess tropes...
    Wow, you have a very dark way of seeing things. That came off a bit nasty actually.

I always thought of it like Dagger was the hottest girl in school that everyone wanted to be with, and she wanted a hot guy. Think it was more just human nature. I remember one issue where Spider-Man got so swept up in the moment dancing with her he lets her take his mask off to make out. Who needs a secret identity, this girls hot.

I think it was basically dagger was a 9.8, and Ty was more of 6.5. Just not in the same league in the looks department. He got friend zoned.
    Last edited by Tony; 04-29-2018 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wow, you have a very dark way of seeing things. That came off a bit nasty actually.

I always thought of it like Dagger was the hottest girl in school that everyone wanted to be with, and she wanted a hot guy. Think it was more just human nature. I remember one issue where Spider-Man got so swept up in the moment dancing with her he lets her take his mask off to make out. Who needs a secret identity, this girls hot.

I think it was basically dagger was a 9.8, and Ty was more of 6.5. Just not in the same league in the looks department. He got friend zoned.
    He didn't get "friend zoned", it was just bad writing. They will together in the show.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I did not like the way Cloak was written in early issues. That being said, I love that Dagger came from a place of privilege. The fact that she would come from a place of privilege and still run away was an important part of the character. On the surface, Cloak was far more sympathetic. His friend was killed for no good reason just wrong place, wrong time, wrong skin color, but they both had serious shit they were dealing with.

That being said, it's moot. Tandy lives on the street and steals in this. She isn't upper class at all.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'd say it was good writing. Cloak was probably a lot closer to the people reading his comics than Dagger was. Unrequited love is pretty common. I think more diverse characters were part of the appeal of the older books. Bruce is a science wimp around all those army types, Peter is a nerd who gets bullied, Cloak has a stutter that makes him feel guilty about a tragedy and is socially unskilled.

It'll be interesting to see what gets changed from the comics in a show filmed in 2018. I even have my doubts about the drug origin making it in. We're a long way from the days of John McClane, more into the era of Magic Mike. Even in the comics the Supporting casts have to be super too. Betty is the best She-Hulk, Flash is Venom with guns!, MJ super model and some sort of Stark CEO, Ty will probably be a star athlete sans stutter and a ladies man.

Looking forward to the show. I am pretty bored with the CW shows so looking for Marvel to get something right on TV finally, fingers crossed.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'd say it was good writing. Cloak was probably a lot closer to the people reading his comics than Dagger was. Unrequited love is pretty common. I think more diverse characters were part of the appeal of the older books. Bruce is a science wimp around all those army types, Peter is a nerd who gets bullied, Cloak has a stutter that makes him feel guilty about a tragedy and is socially unskilled.

It'll be interesting to see what gets changed from the comics in a show filmed in 2018. I even have my doubts about the drug origin making it in. We're a long way from the days of John McClane, more into the era of Magic Mike. Even in the comics the Supporting casts have to be super too. Betty is the best She-Hulk, Flash is Venom with guns!, MJ super model and some sort of Stark CEO, Ty will probably be a star athlete sans stutter and a ladies man.

Looking forward to the show. I am pretty bored with the CW shows so looking for Marvel to get something right on TV finally, fingers crossed.
    Better to invert or expunge that trope. Black guy hot for white princess. ugh. Not to mention he has to use her for her "light"... Vomitlaughvomit.
    One of the reasons I always wanted an event to see them separated for a long term with hard feelings on both sides, before reconciliation. They've almost always been plagued with bad writing, and the character development was
    often missing because they were never allowed do develop personalities outside of each other.
    I'm sure the show will put them together, and that will garner some "hate" from the same old people but... in the books at least one day I'd like to see them grow apart before realizing they have more together than "all these years" or
    "destiny" and become something more for the time apart.
    That growth comes when they BOTH realize "this person is the most important person in my life, and I've taken their presence for granted"
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.