Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I'm hoping mister negative pops up as a villian in the shows future.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Mister Jip, D'Spayre, Tessa Goodwin and Predator are supernatural Cloak and Dagger villains they could use next season.

Mister Jip already popped in episode six. It would be great if they could get Wong to guest star in a episode and have him talk about Jip's history with the Ancient One.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping mister negative pops up as a villian in the shows future.
    Mr. Negative is owned by Sony.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Mr. Negative is owned by Sony.
    I figured. But I don't think the Spider-Man live action franchise is in any hurry to use him, so I would love if they could cut a deal to let Marvel Television use him.

So, how IS the freeform-series? How does it hold up, in comparison to say, something like CW's "the Flash" or Netflix's "Daredevil"?

Also, for the love of god, could we PLEASE get them in costumes for season 2 already??

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Better than Flash, worse than Daredevil Season One. I'd say on par with Daredevil Season Two but more fun.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't see any way to compare it with Flash since they're two very different shows aiming for two very different kind of Superhero stories.

I think the Marvel Netflix shows would be more apt comparisons since they're generally grounded personal dramas that also happen to include superpowers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see any way to compare it with Flash since they're two very different shows aiming for two very different kind of Superhero stories.

I think the Marvel Netflix shows would be more apt comparisons since they're generally grounded personal dramas that also happen to include superpowers.
    I second that.

The scripts and character development are so good on Freeform C&D that the fact that the main characters have superpowers is almost an annoyance. For such relatively young actors, Olivia Holt (Tandy/Dagger) and Aubrey Joseph (Tyrone Johnson/Cloak) both have the ability to draw you in, whether you identify with their stories or not. And the chemistry between the two is credible, if not palpable. The decision to intertwine their origins when both were only elementary school kids was genius. They had me from the first pilot.

For really young viewers, be cautioned that there is some coarse language and mature content on the show, which some parents might find objectionable. Nothing you wouldn't hear or see in a rated PG movie, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Better than Flash, worse than Daredevil Season One. I'd say on par with Daredevil Season Two but more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I second that.

The scripts and character development are so good on Freeform C&D that the fact that the main characters have superpowers is almost an annoyance. For such relatively young actors, Olivia Holt (Tandy/Dagger) and Aubrey Joseph (Tyrone Johnson/Cloak) both have the ability to draw you in, whether you identify with their stories or not. And the chemistry between the two is credible, if not palpable. The decision to intertwine their origins when both were only elementary school kids was genius. They had me from the first pilot.

For really young viewers, be cautioned that there is some coarse language and mature content on the show, which some parents might find objectionable. Nothing you wouldn't hear or see in a rated PG movie, though.
    All right, sounds like I might give the Pilot a shot then - this actually sounds rather encouraging! = )

I will say though, that I'm a little bit bothered by Cloak and Dagger not being permanently sort of "marked" by their powers though - like Daggers facial tattoos or Cloak's perpetually shrouded face.