Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #81 Aug 1983
    "Stalkers in the Shadows!" Part 1 of 3. Guest-starring Cloak and Dagger.
    At Dannemora State Prison, the guards mock Boomerang's vow to break out of prison as they are returning the prisoner to his cell after supper.
    Boomerang has, however, palmed a spoon which he uses as a makeshift boomerang to disable to the locks to his and the Punisher's cells.

As the guards come and investigate the alarm that rings as a result, the Punisher waits with his cell door pulled – closed, but not locked –
    and when they are preoccupied with Boomerang gets the jump on them. The pair steal the uniforms off the unconscious men
    and flee to the top of the outer wall of the prison where they set up a rope of tied clothing to carry them out to safety.
    With the prison guards catching up with them, the Punisher betrays Boomerang by knocking
    him down into the waiting arms of the guards and escapes by himself vowing to kill the Kingpin.

While in New York City, Peter Parker is walking out of his apartment when he spots his landlady
    Mrs. Muggins attacked by druggies looking to score some easy money.
    Peter jumps in and scares them off, but when he realizes they were trying to stick her up for drug money,
    he begins to contemplate the city's drug problems and wishes there was more he could do.

He walks off to the bus stand, unaware that Cloak and Dagger have witnessed the entire the scene.
    Catching up with the drug addicts, the vigilante duo attack them, and using their powers,
    clean their systems of the drug and its addictions before vanishing as quickly as they appeared.

However, before the rehabilitated group can enjoy their new lives clean from drugs,
    the Punisher jumps down and murders them all for having taken drugs in the first place.

Peter arrives at the Columbia Presbyterian Hospital where he tests out the police security that is protecting the Black Cat in her period of convalescence,
    recovering from her injuries. Finding the safety measures satisfactory, he changes into his Spider-Man uniform and greets Captain DeWolff and is granted
    permission to visit Felicia. Finding her still asleep, he kisses her and then contemplates what future they have together before leaving the hospital out the window.

As Spider-Man swings through the city, he muses over his recent encounter with an unknown automaton assailant,
    and his contemplations over quitting school. His thoughts are cut off when his spider-sense goes off leading him to a condemned, abandoned building.

There he finds a bunch of dead junkies. When he's approached by Cloak and Dagger, Spider-Man assumes incorrectly that they had murdered the junkies and attacks them.
    Left with no choice, Cloak uses his powers to pull Spider-Man into the Darkforce Dimension within his cape.
    Ejecting him out of the dark void within him, Cloak and Dagger then show Spider-Man the truth:

The junkies were shot down with a hale of mercy bullets and that the man who did it came to find out who sold them the drugs before leaving.

Elsewhere in the city, the Punisher is out to kill the man responsible for the drug proliferation in the city: The Kingpin.

Script by Bill Mantlo. Art by Al Milgrom (layouts) and Jim Mooney (finishes).

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I got my Cloak and Dagger Marvel Legends figures the other day! (I'm waiting on the Diamond statue till next pay check). I got them late, cause I heard mixed things. But man are they great! I haven't posed them the way I want yet. I'm waiting for a flight stand.

But first I also need a Marvel Legends bad guy for them to fight. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

I got my Cloak and Dagger Marvel Legends figures the other day! (I'm waiting on the Diamond statue till next pay check). I got them late, cause I heard mixed things. But man are they great! I haven't posed them the way I want yet. I'm waiting for a flight stand.

But first I also need a Marvel Legends bad guy for them to fight. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Spider-Man PS4 should give Hasbro the kick in the pants needed to get to a Mister Negative Legends soon. In the meantime, you could always use a more general villain like Taskmaster. His new figure's great. And it's Taskmaster. Who is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spider-Man PS4 should give Hasbro the kick in the pants needed to get to a Mister Negative Legends soon. In the meantime, you could always use a more general villain like Taskmaster. His new figure's great. And it's Taskmaster. Who is great.
    Yeah, I was hoping they would release one. They made a 3.75in one, but not the same scale at all haha. I hope they size him up at some point.

And hmmm, I was looking for someone they fought, and while they never fought Taskmaster in the comics (to my knowledge) they did fight him in a Spider-Man cartoon....so that works, I guess haha. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll make sure to take pictures once it's ready!
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

New arc "Negative Exposure" drops next week 12/26.

I picked up the trade for Shades of Grey last week, I still love it. I think it's a fantastic read.

I also got the first issue of Negative Exposure today and I think it was a great issue! The art and writing was wonderful. Great action and characters. It was great seeing Ty happy for once, and seeing Tandy dealing with that was funny. Great baddies too. Can't wait for next month! Hope we get a "season" three.

Spoilers:

I wonder who in the Darkforce is Mister Negative working for. Who would be powerful enough to make that deal and boost his negative powers, and his light? Mr. Jip or maybe D'Spayre? Or someone new? I can't wait to find out!
    Spoilers end.
    Pulls:

Have any of you guys been playing Marvel Battle Lines? It's a fun card game, with crazy twists! Plus, it has Cloak and Dagger! Each have their own card. Cloak, when defeated, will take a enemy with him. Dagger when summoned, will do damage to a opponents card. Here are the great images!

The art looks great! And I love when Dagger has an outfit like that, looks much more realistic haha.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That was so cute! Thanks for sharing. The chemistry between the main actors is amazing and one of the reasons the show is so great IMO.
    Pulls:

RCO045 (1)_kindlephoto-216560008.jpg

By the way, here is the cover for issue 2 of Cloak and Dagger: Negative Exposure! Comes out January 26th! It's not the best quality, but I found it online, and it was the only one, cause it's not up yet on Comixology haha. But it's a fantastic looking cover!

Happy New Year, Cloak and Dagger fans! Hope your new year shines! We have a lot to look forward to, new season and more issues! Hope it continues for a long time!
    Pulls:

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #82 Sep 1983
    "Crime & Punishment!" Part 2 of 3. Guest-starring Cloak and Dagger.
    The Punisher is seeking to hunt down and kill the Kingpin for his proliferation of drugs throughout the city.
    However, the Punisher's mind has become unhinged and the vigilante goes on a shooting spree,
    shooting anyone for committing even the most minor of offenses from domestic disputes, to littering, to jaywalking.
    This alerts the police prompting the Punisher to flee the scene.

Meanwhile, Spider-Man is trying to convince Cloak and Dagger to help him stop the Punisher from murdering the Kingpin.

The two vigilante's, wanting the same fate for Fisk as the Punisher refuse to help and teleport away.
    Spider-Man then rushes across the city to try and warn the Kingpin of the attempted assassination attempt.
    While at the hospital, Felicia Hardy is feeling well enough to try and go out on the town as the Black Cat again.

When Spider-Man arrives at the Kingpin's home to warn him, the criminal spots him attempting to sneak in and tells him to enter,
    revealing that he is well aware of Cloak and Dagger's desire to make an attempt on his life.
    The Kingpin tells the Wall-Crawler that he is more than prepared to deal with any intruders
    and decides to show off the guards he has in place on his security monitors.
    He is shocked however to find that all his guards have been knocked out.

Suddenly, Cloak and Dagger appear and attempt to kill the Kingpin.
    However, the crime lord is prepared and escapes through a secret wall panel, leaving Spider-Man to fight Cloak and Dagger alone.

The Kingpin is far from safe, however, because waiting for him in the next room is the Punisher.
    As Spider-Man tries to convince Cloak and Dagger to not kill the Kingpin, they give him a good fight.
    However, their clash is interrupted by the arrival of some of the Kingpin's men who Cloak disorientates by sucking them
    into the dark dimension within his shroud. Spider-Man almost convinces Dagger to change her methods,
    however, she decides to continue to side with Cloak and fires light daggers at Spider-Man causing him to fall into the cloak's void.

Meanwhile, the Punisher and Kingpin duke it out, and despite the fact that the Punisher is armed to the teeth with weapons,
    he proves incapable of gunning down the crime boss. When Vanessa Fisk wanders into the room,
    the Punisher grabs her as hostage sending the Kingpin into a fury. Spider-Man meanwhile is pulled out of the dark dimension
    within Cloak when some of Dagger's wild light daggers strike Cloak, causing a path of light that leads Spider-Man out of that dimension.
    After Dagger tells him that he is in her debt for saving their lives,
    the two vigilante's teleport into the next room to finish the job they came to complete.
    When Spider-Man breaks through to the next room he finds the exact thing Cloak and Dagger have:
    No sign of the Kingpin and the Punisher, beaten into unconsciousness.

With their enemy escaped, Cloak and Dagger teleport away to plot anew, leaving Spider-Man alone with the unconscious Punisher.

Script by Bill Mantlo. Art by Al Milgrom (breakdowns) and Jim Mooney (inks).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So looking forward to this. Here's hoping the tv show in season 2 have the courage of what the comics doesn't seem to have and actually make them as a couple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

I got my Cloak and Dagger Marvel Legends figures the other day! (I'm waiting on the Diamond statue till next pay check). I got them late, cause I heard mixed things. But man are they great!
    Yep. Nice addition to the line. Cloak is very impressive, but Dagger looks good too.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Cloak and Dagger were the first comics I've ever read. They were my gateway. I've heard of Spider Island but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to read it. I think the last thing I read with them was that one-shot with the X-Men telling C and C to get lost. I think that was rather appalling since they were helping them for a while by that point. I have also heard of the power switch. I don't really know what to think about that. I love Cloaks visual so much on Ty.

I seem to have a thing for dark, mysterious teleporters as well.