Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 543
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nah. Even back then killing was becoming cool.

    It's really just nearly impossible to perpetually handle these real-world issues in comics.
    It would help if the people who wrote stories set in New York knew the city. I give the guy who wrote the Morbius comic credit for actually knowing that Brownsville, Brooklyn is way more dangerous than Manhattan.

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I wonder if the reason Cloak and Dagger never really caught on is because they were totally murderers in their early appearances and that sort of thing wasn't as appealing back then. Now that killing is all the rage, they just don't look as impressive.
    I think the Punisher was starting to get popular right at the same time. If anything, C+D might have been too superhero-y for the crowd that was looking for anti-heroes like Frank and Logan. Like if Dagger used real knives and Cloak was a dude in a trench-coat with guns, they might have been a bigger hit.

  3. #33
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    south coast
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    This would depend on if the symbiotic relationship of their powers is still in play. Cloak needs Dagger to satiate the hunger while Dagger needs Cloak to bleed off excess energy.
    I still want them to interact so Cloak visiting dagger who teaches dance, And drug education at Xmen academy is stll cool.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 10-01-2014 at 08:42 PM.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The coolest thing about Cloak abd Dagger are that they are ex-runaways turned vigilante who are effectively squatters.

    They have a well defined ax to grind with human trafficers, pedophiles and gangs. Thier whole thing was brutalizing predatory street level criminals.

    Whatever they do is going to have reflect that.

    If they are gonna be Xmen it could only (to my mind) be in a book like NYX. Where the protagonists weren't oppressed so much because they were Mutants. They are oppressed because they were poor and living in a jacked up neighborhood.

    If they were Avengers, it could only be on Luke's Mighty team that where its implied that they actually do things like looking for kidnapped kids and what not.
    Yeah, the only team book that would work would be Mighty for them. But that roster is packed right now.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yeah, the only team book that would work would be Mighty for them. But that roster is packed right now.
    Would love to see them throw some of the NYX and Runaways kids together (Nico, Kiden, Karolina, Victor, Bobby Soul and a few new faces), with Cloak and Dagger as their mentors. Maybe fighting crime along with helping out other runaway kids out on the streets.

    Not enough "street-level" teen books out there and I've been a fan of those kinds of books since Love and Rockets.

  6. #36
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Would love to see them throw some of the NYX and Runaways kids together (Nico, Kiden, Karolina, Victor, Bobby Soul and a few new faces), with Cloak and Dagger as their mentors. Maybe fighting crime along with helping out other runaway kids out on the streets. Not enough "street-level" teen books out there and I've been a fan of those kinds of books since Love and Rockets.
    That's a pretty good idea - kind of an updated take on "Fallen Angels."

    You'd definitely want the mutant lobster back on the team for shoots and googles. And Alphona back on art.

    -Pav, who totally buys Cloak and Dagger as the leaders of an army of homeless powered kids...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think their relationship is still pretty ambiguous. I kinda like that aspect of the characters, it adds a layer of mystery to them. But I'll admit, if they had a successful ongoing, it would eventually get old. I think a lot of fans would get tired of the "are they or aren't they" trope.
    Thank you. I like that about their relationship too but them being a couple? It depends. I usually dont like how marvel handles their romances as someone usually comes up with the short straw. Id like to see real equals.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    seriously? So have their personalities changed at all?
    I want to see Tyrone getting some independence. I've dug the characters, but historically, there's the lingering (subtextual) perception that his quasi-vampire status is aggravated with the cross-racial crush on Tandy, and makes him look like he's just fetishizing white chicks.
    So him appearing to have a romantic interest in Tandy means he's fetishizing white chicks? *Facepalm*


    That's one thing I've always been impressed about regarding bendis, as in the ultimate universe he actually had the courage to put them together as a couple, he did wonderful work with them too in the miles morales book until the current writer decides to poop on them in the new ultimates book.

  9. #39

    Default

    There needs to be an Essentials trade paperback to reintroduce them. Include those early appearances from Spectacular Spider-Man; I believe that Bill Mantlo was the primary steward of their appearances early on.

  10. #40
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,014

    Default


    david Lopez

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member UltimateTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There needs to be an Essentials trade paperback to reintroduce them. Include those early appearances from Spectacular Spider-Man; I believe that Bill Mantlo was the primary steward of their appearances early on.
    It was collected 2 years ago and its still in print

    http://www.amazon.com/Cloak-Dagger-P...oak+%26+dagger
    We need better comics

  12. #42
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    Dagger as a male:

    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Glad I found this thread and took a gander at whats available to preview of the Spider Island storyline. Looks very good indeed. I will be hunting it down for a read.

    There are a number of places that Cloak and Dagger could work. Callisto's new Morlock Modus Operandi of taking in runaways would be good fit (as seen in the STORM series). I'd even settle for them to be featured in a yearly Halloween special or even better an Quarterly Urban Horror Anthology. With a film set in New Orleans being developed, it would be good to see some spillover attention to them in print.

    And to get back to the original poster's question.... From what I can tell of the newly power swapped Tandy and Tyrone. I think Cloak remains Cloak (of Light) and Dagger remains a (Dark) Dagger.

    cloak dagger.jpg

  14. #44
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Glad I found this thread and took a gander at whats available to preview of the Spider Island storyline. Looks very good indeed. I will be hunting it down for a read.

    There are a number of places that Cloak and Dagger could work. Callisto's new Morlock Modus Operandi of taking in runaways would be good fit (as seen in the STORM series). I'd even settle for them to be featured in a yearly Halloween special or even better an Quarterly Urban Horror Anthology. With a film set in New Orleans being developed, it would be good to see some spillover attention to them in print.

    And to get back to the original poster's question.... From what I can tell of the newly power swapped Tandy and Tyrone. I think Cloak remains Cloak (of Light) and Dagger remains a (Dark) Dagger.

    cloak dagger.jpg
    Their spider island mini seemed like the set up for a new possible status quo. I'd really like to see someone at Marvel follow up on it.

  15. #45
    Junior Member Orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Spencer was hoping that spider island mini would lead to a regular title. Wish they would put one out or at least follow up on that story.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •