Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Glad I found this thread and took a gander at whats available to preview of the Spider Island storyline. Looks very good indeed. I will be hunting it down for a read.

There are a number of places that Cloak and Dagger could work. Callisto's new Morlock Modus Operandi of taking in runaways would be good fit (as seen in the STORM series). I'd even settle for them to be featured in a yearly Halloween special or even better an Quarterly Urban Horror Anthology. With a film set in New Orleans being developed, it would be good to see some spillover attention to them in print.

And to get back to the original poster's question.... From what I can tell of the newly power swapped Tandy and Tyrone. I think Cloak remains Cloak (of Light) and Dagger remains a (Dark) Dagger.

Attachment 12987
    I got the first issue of that mini and then Diamond decided they didn't want to ship the rest to my LCS so I never finished it. I should try and pick those up on ebay. I love Cloak and Dagger and would love it if Marvel headlined them again. I forget the editor (probably in one of CBR's weekly Marvel columns) but they said that Marvel get's pitches for them all the time, just havent' found the 'right' one. REALLY wish they would change their mind on some of those...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I got the first issue of that mini and then Diamond decided they didn't want to ship the rest to my LCS so I never finished it. I should try and pick those up on ebay. I love Cloak and Dagger and would love it if Marvel headlined them again. I forget the editor (probably in one of CBR's weekly Marvel columns) but they said that Marvel get's pitches for them all the time, just havent' found the 'right' one. REALLY wish they would change their mind on some of those...
    They frequently appear as guest stars, both in Spider-Man, and even more recently in the X-Men books - but it's taken them out of the "street level" heroes that they SHOULD be.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

As long as this thread's been revived: Cloak and Dagger are in the Secret Wars Runaway mini. But it's Tandy as (light) Cloak and Ty as (dark) Dagger, which is a really interesting take. They're also siblings in that mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    As long as this thread's been revived: Cloak and Dagger are in the Secret Wars Runaway mini. But it's Tandy as (light) Cloak and Ty as (dark) Dagger, which is a really interesting take. They're also siblings in that mini.
    They were also in 1602 I believe.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Cloak & Dagger did a power switch in the regular Marvel Universe, where Tandy had the Darkforce, and Ty had the light. I can't recall if that has since been reverted again (I think it has, because seeing them in X-Men I think Tandy was back to light and Ty back to Darkforce?)

And... in the Secret Wars Runaway - they're siblings? Meh. Not sure I like that.

are cloak and dagger returning in anad marvel?

Spectacular Member

Prediction: Ultimate Cloak and Dagger is going to replace 616 Cloak and Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane D View Post
    Prediction: Ultimate Cloak and Dagger is going to replace 616 Cloak and Dagger.
    What's the difference between the two? Never read any of the Ultimate titles.

So what were some of your favorite Cloak & Dagger stories (either within their series or the MANY guest appearances)?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    One thing is in the Ultimate Line, they're definitely a romantic couple.

So what were some of your favorite Cloak & Dagger stories (either within their series or the MANY guest appearances)?
    I really liked the Spider-Island mini, but it did have art by Emma Rios, so of course I loved it.

I'll be honest, I find Cloak and Dagger are a great concept with a history of bad writing. None of their series in the '80s and into the '90s were actually all that good.

I'd say their origin Is better and they are in a rship (from out the gate more or less, none of that will or wnt they or they together in rship in this storyline but next time they pop up there not or non of that kind of extra bs...

I just hope they are treated with due respect as heroes.

Been re-reading the Cloak & Dagger series stuff.

Nobody brought it up, but apparently Dan Slot has plans for Cloak & Dagger, and they'll pop up in ASM and have a prominent role.

Sounds like it'll be the 616 versions, especially since part of Miles supporting cast was already revealed.