Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Simpsonsguy (Family Guy/The Simpsons)

It's the big night that two worlds collide. This is going to be EPIC!
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    It's the big night that two worlds collide. This is going to be EPIC!
    And Simpsorama, The Simpsons crossover with Futurama, if I'm correct?

Simpsons in both titles, love that. Hope they both do well.

What are your hopes for The Simpson Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    And Simpsorama, The Simpsons crossover with Futurama, if I'm correct?

Simpsons in both titles, love that. Hope they both do well.

What are your hopes for The Simpson Guy?
    Character development and laugh. Lots and lots of Laughs.
    ... how about you?

Well there were certainly plenty of laughs though I do feel the need to say, "Worst chicken fight ever."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Well there were certainly plenty of laughs though I do feel the need to say, "Worst chicken fight ever."
    I'd ask you what makes you say that, but...you could be simply doing a riff on Comic Book Guy.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it was actually better than i thought it would be.

Meg rocking out on the saxophone was one of the best moments.

Homer VS Peter was amazing!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

It was pretty good even if most of the funnier moments were spoiled by the commercials for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I'd ask you what makes you say that, but...you could be simply doing a riff on Comic Book Guy.
    Indeed I am. I mean who didn't enjoy seeing Hulked out versions of Homer and Peter clash? I also liked that they gave Roger a cameo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    It was pretty good even if most of the funnier moments were spoiled by the commercials for it.
    Don't you just hate it when trailers give away everything? That is why I try to avoid trailers all together. Unless its a teaser

HOLY s@$# THAT WAS AMAZING!!! Not only did I LOL'ed hard, but I loved the conflict that tested Homer's and Peter's friendship. My favorite part was when Homer and Peter had that Car Wash. Everyone's reaction to how gross those two were was priceless! I also loved the comparison during the trial with all of the rip-off characters from Family Guy. I thought the Meg/Lisa bonding experience was heartwarming. Although I did find "Bart ditching Stewie" kind of sad. I mean honestly, Stewie was just standing up for Bart. When Nelson punched Bart in the stomach after freeing him, I thought "Good job Bart, that's the guy you stuck you're neck out for". When I first heard about that "Chicken fight" Homer and Peter were going to have, I thought it was an actual chicken fight that involves four people. I was glad that I was wrong and it was actually an epic spoof of the Peter Griffen "Chicken fight". I loved the awesome fight they had. I'm glad they stayed friends though.
    ... how about you?

Fantastic Member

Was really impressed with how Springfield looked under the Family Guy style. Looked ALOT more detailed, and of course the use of 3d added so much to it. As for the story.. meh, they played up the cheesiness of a crossover, so I guess I got what I was looking for. Think Peter should've lost the chicken fight though, I'm a Simpsons team rider lol.

It was good overall, had some really good moments, some that felt a little too self aware, though I got a good laugh when Homer opened the cabinet full of Emmys and started chucking them at Peter.

Also the moment between Carl and Cleveland just made me crack up.

Incredible Member

It was very much a Family Guy episode with The Simpsons, rather than a "both shows get together" type thing ala when Law & Order or NCIS do their crossovers. But it was a very good Family Guy episode, and they even managed to have some good Simpsony humor in there too. The FG producer who drove this project used to a Simpsons writer, which I'm sure made all the difference making it happen.

Still not as funny as South Park's "Cartoon Wars" or when The Critic met the Simpsons (one of the best Simpsons ever, IMO).

I was hoping they'd address the role James Woods has played in both shows, but I didn't expect them to do it by having two James Woodses (Woodsi?).

I wanted Homer to win the fight, but it is an FG episode, and just benefited from a technicality.

Marge and Lois basically did nothing for two episodes. But that's because FG never seems to know what to do with its female characters.

Given the opening part of the episode, I find it kind of ironically hilarious that some womens' groups are already upset about Stewy's rape joke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Was really impressed with how Springfield looked under the Family Guy style. Looked ALOT more detailed, and of course the use of 3d added so much to it. As for the story.. meh, they played up the cheesiness of a crossover, so I guess I got what I was looking for. Think Peter should've lost the chicken fight though, I'm a Simpsons team rider lol.
    Pretty much what I was about to say, also the chicken fight took way too long to end.