Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I really enjoyed this. It was much more entertaining than watching yet another blowout on Monday Night Football. This is one of those episodes that people are either going to really like or really hate. I can already surmise what those who hate it will say. They'll start whining that both shows are running out of ideas and this just recycled too many played out gimmicks. That doesn't make it any less entertaining. It was funny, entertaining, and everything you would want out of a Simpsons and a Family Guy episode. I enjoyed it and it is proof that crossovers don't have to suck.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I enjoyed it. The James Woods comparison was a stroke of fanboy genius as I almost forgot he did both shows. I also enjoyed the Meg/Lisa moment, as well as seeing Lisa being the better of the two and supporting Meg's talent.

I liked it more than I thought I would. It was better than the season premiere of "The Simpsons."
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It was very meta with Chris's monologue at the beginning and the jokes about family guy ripping off all of the characters and then pointing out that the simpsons os just a knock off of the flintstons. The jokes during the dog fight with clealand and the guy from bobs burgers. And of course the "what state" I can't imagine we would be allowed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I liked it more than I thought I would. It was better than the season premiere of "The Simpsons."
    Even with Futurama and a big death?

That was the first thought on my mind too, but the way the fight ended the entire episode was a bit (ironically) anticlimactic. The fight was fun yes, but it shouldn't have been how the crossover ended.

Also, for a second I was genuinely afraid for Nelson's safety there.

Extraordinary Member

Really good episode in my opinion. One of the best things both shows have put out in a while.

There were several moments that felt simpson-y to me, but the majority was more family guy esque.

Loved the chicken fight though I could have done without the radioactive bits.

the cameos were funny too. Roger's moment was the funniest he's been in a long while.

Liked the two Cleveland bits.

Didn't particularly care for Marge's treatment of Brian, and Stewie's treatment of nelson was saved only by the resolution.

BANNED

I would disagree, that was one of the best episodes in recent memory, touching and the weird as all f#ck Couch Gag was great.

I thought they did a great job. It hit pretty much every beat you'd want to see in a Family Guy/Simpsons crossover (well, except for Harry Shearer's characters), and was really funny. Loved the two James Woods- "these guys are gonna lose."

BANNED

It did what it could. Sure not every character had the proper screen time but that is the breaks when it comes to crossovers. I thought it did pretty well without damaging the two respective characters. Depending on how one views Bart and Stewie's break up of course. But I can see there was effort put in this crossover
    Last edited by Legato; 09-29-2014 at 12:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I would disagree, that was one of the best episodes in recent memory, touching and the weird as all f#ck Couch Gag was great.
    I thought the couch gag was the highlight of that episode.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

And Peter didn't win the fight. The spaceship won.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    And Peter didn't win the fight. The spaceship won.
    This. As far as I'm concerned it was a draw.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This. As far as I'm concerned it was a draw.
    ditto but it was still a boss ass fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ditto but it was still a boss ass fight.
    Was I the only one who wanted either Peter or Homer to come back and punch Comic Book Guy in the face?