Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default SMWW Licensed T-Shirt : WTH DC!!!

So I'm on twitter and see this:

this is how DC want to sell SMWW relationship? WW as a sexual object.

DC didn't wanted the \S/ symbol on that boy statue, but this is ok.

This doesn't send a good message for their female fans

http://www.superheroden.com/superman...t-p-24056.html

Spectacular Member

Is this for real!! I can't see DC going for this!!

, really this is sad. One of the most powerful and strength women .

BANNED

This is all real. Not a hoax

Dumb concept for a shirt, we can all agree on that. But if it bothers you don't buy it. I won't.

BANNED

not buying it won't solve the problematic nature of SMWW and this shirt unfortunaly. Not the first time that DC do a problematic promotion for them.

The problem is with the conceptual nature of the shirt, not the conceptual nature of the romance as the comics write them, because it has NOT, at any point, been written with this kind of chauvinistic detail.

But I know I'm talking to a brick wall here. Before I go though I'll say this: you're arguing in another thread that this relationship would only prove its strength if Diana had stolen Superman from Lois. So you're not really the best candidate to be pointing out sexist representations.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-28-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd say Superman did score. He won over an absolutely phenomenal woman in Diana to be in a committed relationship with him. What's sexist about celebrating that? It's not like the shirt shows Clark exiting Diana's bedroom with her naked under the sheets with him saying, "Don't call me, I'll call you."
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd say Superman did score. He won over an absolutely phenomenal woman in Diana to be in a committed relationship with him. What's sexist about celebrating that? It's not like the shirt shows Clark exiting Diana's bedroom with her naked under the sheets with him saying, "Don't call me, I'll call you."
    Too much common sense. My eyes cannot believe it.

But what about Does it again? I would be a okay with Score but again make it sense some else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    nothing in the picture suggest is a commited relationship much the contrary. It's paints Superman as a womanizer and WW as his conquest/prize,
    there is nothing romantic here, is all about sex.
    it is sexist.
    ops it's superman, it's only sexist if it is orion and if azzarello wrote it. I don't really see that much difference

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The problem is with the conceptual nature of the shirt, not the conceptual nature of the romance as the comics write them, because it has NOT, at any point, been written with this kind of chauvinistic detail.

But I know I'm talking to a brick wall here. Before I go though I'll say this: you're arguing in another thread that this relationship would only prove its strength if Diana had stolen Superman from Lois. So you're not really the best candidate to be pointing out sexist representations.
    it had it a little, when clark goes with diana at the club and that time with guy gardner

the problem is the target public, if they made this t-shirt is because people want to buy. and DC allowed them to do the t-shirt, that is how they see WW and the relationship? probably

I never said that, I only said that smww should happen without a complete reboot.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 09-28-2014 at 06:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    it is Dc licensed?
    there is only superman flying with Lois and it is written pick up artist, a thing that many people doesn't know what is. It is pretty random

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    nothing in the picture suggest is a commited relationship much the contrary. It's paints Superman as a womanizer and WW as his conquest/prize,
    there is nothing romantic here, is all about sex.
    it is sexist.
    ops it's superman, it's only sexist if it is orion and if azzarello wrote it. I don't really see that much difference
    This is the first time i'll agree with you!! The T-shirt is awful, plain and simple, there is no excuse for it! But i do question if you would have the same problem if it was Orion on the T-shirt instead of SM!! It seem to me you haven't had a problem with Orion treating WW like a piece of meat, a sex object or calling her by a bodypart!! It's like you have been cheering his behavior on!! It seem to me you and a lot of fans don't have a problem with this behavior as long as it Orion and Azz. is writing the story!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 09-29-2014 at 09:33 AM.