Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Draw Me An X: Alternate Universe

Over the next week, month, year, etc. please post original artwork depicting any character of your choice and creating an alternate universe interpretation of said character - this will not only entail creating an new version of the character but also providing a description of how their Earth differs from that of the 616.

This art can be new or old and in any medium, this also includes 3D rendered and sculptures.. If it's an old piece please indicate approximately when it was created. Please feel free to comment on others' work, BUT remember, this isn't art class and all posters are encouraged to participate regardless of talent. Unless specifically asked for, negative comments are not appreciated and will be reported to the moderator to be deleted.

So have fun and take your time!

Some inspiration/motivation: http://bicworks.com/misc/cbr-jam_arc...-xvi-main.html
    Last edited by Justin K.; 09-28-2014 at 06:24 PM.

BANNED

Awesome, will be posting soon, got some drawn stuff already, gotta see what I have.

Are you planning to make up another group picture or can we just share old/new comic book art we have?

This is Spider-man and Colossus cover from an X-Centric alternate reality I started doing as a teen through to my twenties.
    Basically I have multiple sketch pads full of an ongoing X-Men story.

This particular pic is from an "issue" that I happened to scan in years ago.
    I think I did it around 2001.

And here's a nice little summary of the universe.

If you go to this page:
    X-Men: Damage Control
    You can read the rest of that "issue", it's a bit al over the place but yous might get a kick out of it.

EternalSiryn, let me know if I need to put up a single character sketch instead.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 09-29-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added better url
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Awesome, will be posting soon, got some drawn stuff already, gotta see what I have.
    Nice! I do as well. I can't wait to see your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Are you planning to make up another group picture or can we just share old/new comic book art we have?
    No group picture, just people sharing their alternate universe characters.

This is Spider-man and Colossus cover from an X-Centric alternate reality I started doing as a teen through to my twenties.
    Basically I have multiple sketch pads full of an ongoing X-Men story.

This particular pic is from an "issue" that I happened to scan in years ago.
    I think I did it around 2001.

And here's a nice little summary of the universe.

If you go to this page:
    X-Men: Damage Control
    You can read the rest of that "issue", it's a bit al over the place but yous might get a kick out of it.
    It's funny how some of what you have is sort of true, just with different characters. Nice job!

EternalSiryn, let me know if I need to put up a single character sketch instead.
    What you have is fine.
    Last edited by Justin K.; 09-29-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Nice! I do as well. I can't wait to see your stuff.
    I have loads of stuff.
    But I'll wait until a few other people post as I don't want to take over the thread.

No group picture, just people sharing their alternate universe characters.
    I have plenty of characters, and 4 or 5 universes. (That sounds strange....)

It's funny how some of what you have is sort of true, just with different characters. Nice job!
    I've found that a number of the ideas I've done for my comics over the years has cropped up in the real ones.
    Sometimes I think that there aren't that many truly original ideas anymore. Or maybe it's that we're part of a global community now, and so can see all the other similar ideas.
    The best example is a story I had that was called X-Men Utopia, about all the mutants united and living on their own island.
    The story differed drastically beyond that initial concept, but I thought it was funny when the X-Men moved to Utopia in the comics.
    I'll post stuff from that one later on.

BANNED

I have a few ideas. It'll take a while to get them all realized. In order of "I know what I'm doing-ness"

-"Earth 2" X-Men: Characters with a more streamlined and/or "Heroic Age" story. In other words, basically the same characters as 616 but tweaked. Designs will be based partially on New Genesis styles and partially on the street savy values of the new Batgirl and Ms. Marvel outfits.

-X-Realm: X-Men as characters in a Tolkienian Fantasy Epic. Lots of robes and armor

Pokémon X: X-Men characters as Pokémon Trainers (I bet there's a tumblr out there for it). Designs will be super casual outdoor wear, and each one would be accompanied by a partner I think complements them (Not sure if they would replace the powers or to with the theme of the powers).

Ultimate Member

I guess the alternate Earth I have in mind is similar to ours, so there's not much else to explain. No mutants or superheroes or anything like that, just a "normal" earth by our standards.

Basically, in this world Kiden (Nixon) just grows up, dyes her hair, and then starts a band with some friends.

kiden - dark phoenix.jpg

Edit: For the sake of entertainment, this could possibly be an alternate earth where musicians all have superhuman powers and people like Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and Kurt Cobain all are (or were) superheroes (or supervillains) when they weren't doing shows and rocking crowds.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-30-2014 at 06:13 PM.

BANNED

I'm gonna go ahead and post my alt Psylocke here as my first.

Psylocke Earth 9998 (Earth-Y)
    AKA Lady Butterfly, Psionatrix of Otherworld.

This is my take on Psylocke from Earth X, who is different already than Earth 616.

On Earth 9998, of the Earth/Universe-Y Series. Psylocke started off as a Promo Girl for her brother Jamie on the racing circuit. Taking this as a chance to break into a career as a Model, she parlayed it a job between the racing promos, her own Website, and then after University, a career. Reuniting with their brother Brian, Jamie and Betsy get caught up in his Wacky Adventures, often winding up kidnapped and/or manipulated by his foes. One particular foe working for the Red Skull, Dr. Synne tampered with her mind. These tampering released her latent Psionic Telepathy. After the british government spy program known as STRIKE attempt to recruit her, Betsy turns them down, to further her modeling career. She does fall in love with Tom Lennox, who helps her gain better control of her powers. He nicknames her the Butterfly. During a kidnap attempt by the Computer known as Mastermind, She, and her brothers are made aware of their alien nature. The Discovery opens her to a world she never knew, or had need to know existed. The siblings were purposed to help protect England, with Brian as their mentor. She adopted the guise of Lady Briton, During a troubling time, One of Brians foes, Vixen, infiltrates STRIKE and attempts to wipe out the Psychics, Tom summons her for help. She is ambushed and almost killed by a man known as the slaymaster. She is saved by her Brian as he caves in Slaymasters head. The distraction proves enough for her true plan, to take over the mastermind system. Jamie still not in control of his powers, is able to defeat the Vixen but at the cost of his sanity, he vanishes into the ether.

Betsy and Brian learn to deal with the loss, and help the survivors of Vixens attempt to destroy England. On Holiday at her friend Allisons home in the swiss alps. She is kidnapped by Mojo, after he learns of her talents. He uses her to kidnap special children from aroudn the world. Saved by Doug Ramsey of the New Mutants, she decides to leave England for a time to get away from the crazy. Only to get involved with the X-mens crazy. After a Harrowing adventure in the Outback, Betsy enters the Siege Perilous given to her by Roma. She ends up in Otherworld. There she learns to control her Psionic powers even more due to Roma and Merlyns Training. They then send her become an Apprentice of Dr. Strange. She is in training to take Merlyns place as Guardian of Otherworld. To become Psionatrix Supreme, Mixing Psionics and Magic. Her latest adventure has brought her back to the doorsteps of the X-men on the back of a giant Psionic Butterfly.

Her new Name here is Lady Butterfly.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Dammit, I have ideas but I'm a shitty artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Ditto. I have some cool ideas but I can't draw to save my life
    I'm freaking QUICKSILVER!!! And you can eat my freaking dust!
    I am faster than I was when I was last on the Avengers roster -- MUCH FASTER!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I have a few ideas. It'll take a while to get them all realized. In order of "I know what I'm doing-ness"

-X-Realm: X-Men as characters in a Tolkienian Fantasy Epic. Lots of robes and armor
    Have you seen the Order of X before?
    It's a number of Medieval X-Men designs by a guy called Nate Hallinan.

I'd highly recommend going to his website if you're looking to get the creative juices flowing on a X-Men Tolkienian Fantasy Epic.
    There's some brilliant designs/artwork there.
    Order of X Website

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemaximoff View Post
    I'd still like to hear your ideas, even if we can't see them.

Ultimate Member

Just go for it -- the only way to get better is to practice.

Maybe find an artist you like and try to imitate his/her style when drawing out your character. I went from Rick Leonardi, to Arthur Adams, to Travis Charest (with a lot of different non-comic influences -- such as Claude Monet and Patrick Nagel -- in between). Now that I'm learning how to color, I'm looking at artists like Joshua Middleton who do their own colors as well.

Art is pretty subjective anyway so as long as you enjoy doing it, that's all that really matters, regardless.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-01-2014 at 04:45 PM.

BANNED

http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/53/1...eval-x-men.jpg

I'd highly recommend going to his website if you're looking to get the creative juices flowing on a X-Men Tolkienian Fantasy Epic.
    Order of X Website

AWESOME post my dude. phenomenal. I love the Fantasy Setting for Supers also. It's why I did Lady Butterfly. I used to play D&d and took the Incantatrix class, turned it into the Psionatrix class, and based my character off Psylocke, and called her Lady Butterfly.

Go for it mate. Shoot the ideas by and see what happens. Like AJA said, we are all influenced by somebody or a lot of somebodies. Mark beachum, Arthur Adams, Frazetta, Silvestri, Alan Davis, Steve Little, etc. So I tend to draw more voluptuous females, Jean Leon Gerome, Reuben, Bronzino, etc.
    Some great stuff out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Paul_Rubens

BANNED

Order of X Website

That's a great link! I wouldn't veer so far into realism as the Order, but there's some good stuff. Especially about making Xavier part of the nobility.

BANNED

This one is older, but it can go with this theme.

After years of repressed inner turmoil over the events of M-Day, and endless brow-beating from her peers, Wanda Maximoff's mental health is once again rapidly deteriorating. Now she needs to juggle her Avengers membership with trying to fix her past mistakes - before her psyche creates a new one.

Earth 2 Scarlet Witch:

Scarlet 1.jpg

Notes: It's time to play another round of "Where the hell is the light source?"

This was initially envisioned as a Noir version of the witch, but I think the design is a nice change of pace in general from her face-square. Also, while a hard-boiled crime drama featuring X-Men would be great narratively the costumes would be kind of bland... especially for the guys. Key differences from the 616 model include the fashionable hat (modeled after Theodora from Oz the Great and Powerful), the red highlight in her hair, and the extra material in her dress, which is less skintight.

There are three other versions of this piece with a hex sphere in just one hand and in neither hand.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 10-03-2014 at 01:57 PM.