Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think s/he means that while Thor will be female, the character being female won't be the driving force of this story being told. But more so why she is worthy.
    I 100% agree with this. It isnt about a female Thor its about why Thor became unworthy and why She is Worthy to be Thor. I am reallllllyyyyyy looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    yes odin is an ass IN THE PREVIEW
    Good to know he's in character.

I don't care about WHO will be nuThor, or HOW oldThor became unworthy.

I just want to find out who installed the new auto-rotate feature in Mjolnir's inscription. I hope there's a scene down the road where nuThor is trying to show of the new inscription to the Avengers, but she keeps accidentally flipping it upside-down when she tilts the hammer the wrong direction.

Call me crazy but is this all a metaphor for erectile dysfunction?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Call me crazy but is this all a metaphor for erectile dysfunction?
    And this is supposed to make me want to read this garbage?

Seems kind of like "The Sword in the stone", who is worthy to pull out the sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I don't care about WHO will be nuThor, or HOW oldThor became unworthy.

I just want to find out who installed the new auto-rotate feature in Mjolnir's inscription. I hope there's a scene down the road where nuThor is trying to show of the new inscription to the Avengers, but she keeps accidentally flipping it upside-down when she tilts the hammer the wrong direction.
    haha that would be fun, hate when it happens with my smartphone...

art is really great, never read a Thor book before, I will give Aaron and dauterman a chance on this

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think s/he means that while Thor will be female, the character being female won't be the driving force of this story being told. But more so why she is worthy.
    I'm sorry, but it sounds like an excuse used far too often to not have female led stories. Namely female led stories that don't suit the sensibilities of a primarily male audience. If this was a complaint about laziness in plot, or losing the pacing for some speechifying, I'd get it. Something more specific, craft oriented.

As it is, it comes off as generalized to an egregious, negatively gendered fault. One that I'd wish mainstream reviewers wouldn't fall for.

Dauterman's art is fabulous !

Has he done anything else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos022 View Post
    And this is supposed to make me want to read this garbage?
    If I'm right at least it has some interesting societal implications.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Why didn't Odin just pick up Mjolnir and take it back to Asgard or Asgardia or whatever the hel* it's called now?

Thor crying like a baby is just horrible.It is not like he lost a family member or a friend.Everybody gather here like it is a funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post

He was the initial artist for Cyclops. Did issues 1-3 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post

Yes,

[From his website]

Russell has created interior and cover art for a number of comic book projects. Currently, he is the artist for Marvel's all-new, female-led Thor series, written by Jason Aaron. Other recent work includes the launch of Marvel’s Cyclops, with writer Greg Rucka, and a stint on Nightwing for DC Comics, written by Kyle Higgins. Russell has also created covers for several Valiant Entertainment titles, including Shadowman, Quantum + Woody, and Unity. Earlier, Russell collaborated with writer Grace Randolph on a series for BOOM! Studios, called Supurbia. As well as illustrating the book, Russell created character designs for the series. He also provided designs for other BOOM! titles, including Deceivers and Cloaks.

In addition to his work in comics, Russell has illustrated the children's books, Shape Up or Bite Me by Judy Eberhardt, the Nanny Reilly series by Annette O‘Leary-Coggins and his own Terry, the Awkward Turtle. Russell’s work also includes the films, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, where he worked as an illustrator for the costume designer.

A graduate of Boston College, Russell continued to study illustration and design at the University of California, Los Angeles, where he earned a Master of Fine Arts Degree. While at school, Russell created an illustrated history of costume, which covers dress from ancient times to modern day. The working version of the book has been used as a text in UCLA’s costume history course.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Russell's bio is pretty cool regarding UCLA using his work for their costume history course.

I loved his work on Cyclops.

I wouldn't be surprised if new Thor is either spoilers:
    Valkyrie - which would make sense or the Enchantress - given the Axis concept.
    end of spoilers
    archer * magician *soldier * spy