Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This may actually be the first Thor book I might bother reading. I don't care too much for the traditional Thor, but this would probably make a good jumping on point to his corner of the Marvel universe with a new protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    Thor crying like a baby is just horrible.It is not like he lost a family member or a friend.Everybody gather here like it is a funeral.
    The hammer is like an extension of himself!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Yeah I also would like to know why Odin doesnt just pick up the hammer and present it to Thor... Doesnt Odin determine who is 'worthy' or the enchantment that he placed on Mjolnir anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Yeah I also would like to know why Odin doesnt just pick up the hammer and present it to Thor... Doesnt Odin determine who is 'worthy' or the enchantment that he placed on Mjolnir anyway?
    Wouldn't that be even more humiliating for Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Wouldn't that be even more humiliating for Thor?
    I guess we wont know until we find out why Thor is no longer worthy...

What if Thor is no longer worthy because he is no longer Donald Blake and Donald Blake was the worthy one. Once Thor became only Thor and no longer Donald Blake he shouldnt have been worthy but was unaware.

What if Thor is no longer worthy because he is no longer Donald Blake and Donald Blake was the worthy one. Once Thor became only Thor and no longer Donald Blake he shouldnt have been worthy but was unaware.
    That would def bring it to a very cool place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    That would def bring it to a very cool place.
    This would render Thor 'unworthy' until he regains his humility again.

If that was so, then that would be one heck of a delay for this to be happening.

Regarding this series, I see it as a rediscovery of what it is to be actually worthy regardless of one's gender. And for Thor Odison to get his status restored it won't be about humility I believe but about atonement. It must have been something he did that got revealed and suppressed enough for him to still have his full power until Fury whispered to him.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

So will Thor just be a strong guy now, or can he still manipulate energy/weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    So will Thor just be a strong guy now, or can he still manipulate energy/weather?
    He will still have his Thunder and Lightning though I am not sure if he will be able to control it as accurately. I saw Mjolnir not just as a hammer of immense strength but as a Totem that channeled Thor's powers and allowed him the ability to Fly. So probably no flights for Thor but still lightning I think

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    If that was so, then that would be one heck of a delay for this to be happening.

Regarding this series, I see it as a rediscovery of what it is to be actually worthy regardless of one's gender. And for Thor Odison to get his status restored it won't be about humility I believe but about atonement. It must have been something he did that got revealed and suppressed enough for him to still have his full power until Fury whispered to him.
    I think its something like being Donald Blake was what made Thor worthy... Through Blake's humility and understand for human life he was Worthy to become Thor and pick up the Hammer. BUT I think that once he no longer had to be Donald Blake he still thought he was worthy and thus did not know. I think maybe there is some sort of mental connection to Mjolnir as well not just a physical connection so Mjolnir didn't know that without the persona of Donald Blake Thor was no longer worthy until someone with the knowledge of seeing everything (the watcher) through Fury whispered something like "Donald Blake was the only reason you were ever Worthy" would cause Mjolnir to realize that Thor was not the worthy persona but Donald Blake was.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Freyja looks rather different in that preview than she's looked in other books. Also, Odin seemed perfectly ok with Loki at the end of the Tenth Realm mini, so him insinuating that Loki might be behind this seems like a contradiction.
    Well, he could just mean that it's normal for these sort of Thor being powerless things are usually Loki's fault, so if it's Loki's fault, then they can fix it like they usually do.

However, I'm confused. This story starts after Axis, doesn't it? And we don't see Loki in the crowd. Maybe Loki is evil again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    Thor crying like a baby is just horrible.It is not like he lost a family member or a friend.Everybody gather here like it is a funeral.
    I think they're crowded around because it's fun to watch crazy people break down.

He will still have his Thunder and Lightning though I am not sure if he will be able to control it as accurately. I saw Mjolnir not just as a hammer of immense strength but as a Totem that channeled Thor's powers and allowed him the ability to Fly. So probably no flights for Thor but still lightning I think
    Def no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Def no flying.
    He never really even flew. Wasn't he just throwing the thing and holding on as it pulled him? Maybe he can keep flying but throw a bus or something.