Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I think its something like being Donald Blake was what made Thor worthy... Through Blake's humility and understand for human life he was Worthy to become Thor and pick up the Hammer. BUT I think that once he no longer had to be Donald Blake he still thought he was worthy and thus did not know. I think maybe there is some sort of mental connection to Mjolnir as well not just a physical connection so Mjolnir didn't know that without the persona of Donald Blake Thor was no longer worthy until someone with the knowledge of seeing everything (the watcher) through Fury whispered something like "Donald Blake was the only reason you were ever Worthy" would cause Mjolnir to realize that Thor was not the worthy persona but Donald Blake was.
    That makes no sense really. He was two other guys after he had long abandoned Blake. And blake is a construct of Odin for thor. Therefore Blake is and ALWAYS was Thor. Further, Blake IS Thor's humility. But there's more to being worthy than just that. There is a set of qualifications which vary on the story and writer. You have to be able to kill is one. Humility is another . Now being worthy is a requirement for Thor to hold mjolnir due to his brash youth BUT, it is not based on him KNOWING that he is worthy. It's based on Mjolnir and the enchantment knowing. The enchantment is not sentient and thus does not rely on the hammer "knowing". So, if Blake was the worthy party and not thor, then mjolnir would have been out of thor's hands long ago.

On a side note, if thor still has weather control he should be able to fly via wind currents anyway.
    Last edited by ThunderingHammer; 09-29-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    So will Thor just be a strong guy now, or can he still manipulate energy/weather?
    He will have the enchanted Axe Jarnbjorn, which has the power to kill Celestials. So he's not completely defenseless, although eventually he's supposed to lose an arm.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    What's the spoiler?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    He never really even flew. Wasn't he just throwing the thing and holding on as it pulled him? Maybe he can keep flying but throw a bus or something.
    it always got confusing depending on the artist or writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    He was the initial artist for Cyclops. Did issues 1-3 I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Yes,

[From his website]

Russell has created interior and cover art for a number of comic book projects. Currently, he is the artist for Marvel's all-new, female-led Thor series, written by Jason Aaron. Other recent work includes the launch of Marvel’s Cyclops, with writer Greg Rucka, and a stint on Nightwing for DC Comics, written by Kyle Higgins. Russell has also created covers for several Valiant Entertainment titles, including Shadowman, Quantum + Woody, and Unity. Earlier, Russell collaborated with writer Grace Randolph on a series for BOOM! Studios, called Supurbia. As well as illustrating the book, Russell created character designs for the series. He also provided designs for other BOOM! titles, including Deceivers and Cloaks.

In addition to his work in comics, Russell has illustrated the children's books, Shape Up or Bite Me by Judy Eberhardt, the Nanny Reilly series by Annette O‘Leary-Coggins and his own Terry, the Awkward Turtle. Russell’s work also includes the films, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, where he worked as an illustrator for the costume designer.

A graduate of Boston College, Russell continued to study illustration and design at the University of California, Los Angeles, where he earned a Master of Fine Arts Degree. While at school, Russell created an illustrated history of costume, which covers dress from ancient times to modern day. The working version of the book has been used as a text in UCLA’s costume history course.
    Thanks, guys !
    I'll be checking it out.

Mighty Member

This is awful. I'm not buying til this sham is over
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    I get not everyone is going to like it, but I'm excited, especially since it's obvious that our Thor is not done. He'll be in the book and in the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    100% agreed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I get not everyone is going to like it, but I'm excited, especially since it's obvious that our Thor is not done. He'll be in the book and in the MU.
    Not really. He's a secondary character in a book that has his NAME. If he's not the central focus of the book and the main action of it, I want no part of it. She should just be an afterthought holding down the line until he gets mjolnir back. Nothing more. If they want to make a woman more important in the MU (as if they're not already) focus the attention on Captain Marvel. On Jean grey, sersi, the invisible woman, spectrum, all of which are powerhouses each in their own right.

Astonishing Member

Looks good.
    I have been a on and off reader of Thor through the years.
    And this new series looks interesting,so i will be getting the first issue at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Not really. He's a secondary character in a book that has his NAME. If he's not the central focus of the book and the main action of it, I want no part of it. She should just be an afterthought holding down the line until he gets mjolnir back. Nothing more. If they want to make a woman more important in the MU (as if they're not already) focus the attention on Captain Marvel. On Jean grey, sersi, the invisible woman, spectrum, all of which are powerhouses each in their own right.
    OK, I'll agree, the name thing is annoying because his name hasn't really been played up as a title before. However, how do we know she's a brand new character? Lots of evidence points to her being an established character? And couldn't you say the same thing whenever they add another "new" character?

BANNED

OK, I'll agree, the name thing is annoying because his name hasn't really been played up as a title before. However, how do we know she's a brand new character? Lots of evidence points to her being an established character? And couldn't you say the same thing whenever they add another "new" character?
    Yeah. The problem being however that nobody other that THOR is THOR! There is no point to it. It's not needed. There are plenty of great heroes who can step in and defend Midgard until he's back. It's ridiculous to have this girl shoved in our faces as "Thor". From now on I'll refer to her as Hammerette from now on.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. The problem being however that nobody other that THOR is THOR! There is no point to it. It's not needed. There are plenty of great heroes who can step in and defend Midgard until he's back. It's ridiculous to have this girl shoved in our faces as "Thor". From now on I'll refer to her as Hammerette from now on.
    I mean, isn't what it comes down to is his place in the story? Asgard/Asgardia needs a Thor, that's it. And since Thor can't be that hero and champion, he has to be replaced for the sake of the balance in the universe or something?

BANNED

I mean, isn't what it comes down to is his place in the story? Asgard/Asgardia needs a Thor, that's it. And since Thor can't be that hero and champion, he has to be replaced for the sake of the balance in the universe or something?
    Unfortunately, there are already people for that created by Odin himself. Red Norvell and Beta Ray bill. Both of whom can lift mjolnir. So the girl can exit stage left. That's why this is such a gimmick. Also, if balance is to be maintained, who maintained it for the year thor was gone after Ragnarok. Nobody. There was no one with mjolnir for a year. So that goes out the window too. Marvel really needs to step it up in the writers department. Get writers with knowledge of the source material or please stop publishing. I'd rather have no Thor than what's going on with this.

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately, there are already people for that created by Odin himself. Red Norvell and Beta Ray bill. Both of whom can lift mjolnir. So the girl can exit stage left. That's why this is such a gimmick. Also, if balance is to be maintained, who maintained it for the year thor was gone after Ragnarok. Nobody. There was no one with mjolnir for a year. So that goes out the window too. Marvel really needs to step it up in the writers department. Get writers with knowledge of the source material or please stop publishing. I'd rather have no Thor than what's going on with this.
    You will have Thor, he will be in the freaking book. And no one but die-hards want to read about freaking Red Norvell. Maybe Beta Ray Bill, but still, I don't think that would do the trick. Thor knows those people, he knows they can do good work. However, why not use someone who is a little bit more of an unknown? Someone he can't trust completely?

And are you suggesting Aaron doesn't know his source material? The man takes some liberties, but not anymore or less than other writers.