Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Meh, though I've already made myself an enemy of the Thor Fem fans and the Superior Fans so I say let the hatred commence.
    Why should we^^

We had already a Thorgirl this seems to be a Thor Woman but Thor isn't Superman/Batman or Spiderman were countless variant exist. Thor has its roots in mythology so you can go forwards but not sidewards.

Amazing Member

I am perfectly okay with the concept (though it is weird that Thor is being used as a title), but man... that art is really not very good.

I... Like my friend in the white house b-reezy as I like to call him (close personal friend) am all about change! So bring on the change and lets upset those who wish things to always remain the same! CHANGE!!!! FEMALE THOR FOREVER!!!!

Too Old, Too Cold...

Quote Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
    I am perfectly okay with the concept (though it is weird that Thor is being used as a title), but man... that art is really not very good.
    I don't think the art's bad, particularly, but I'm not at all keen on the costume design for "Lady Thor" — the steel ankle boots and (ahem) chest-piece do seem somewhat misogynistic (but that's a whole other debate)...

So...after thinking about it, and posting yesterday on everyone's thoughts, I think Thor is going through an erectile dysfunction. I wrote all about it here today.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I for one think this looks great, and I am really interested to see where it all goes. I think some people are getting WAAAAAAAY too worked up about this. We still know essentially nothing about the hows and whys of the situation, and it's the hows and whys that make the story and gives it emotional weight. But people are throwing a temper tantrum, jumping to the worst possible conclusions taking pains to be as cynical and negative as humanly possible about something they know almost nothing about, just because... what, Thor's in a bad place at the moment? (story wise, i mean, I think the book will continue to be good) Well, characters going through a bad place is fertile soil for a story that lets you know what REALLY makes a character tick, and I am really looking forward to seeing that. I want to know what makes him tick, and if he is brought low in the process, so be it. Especially since we already know that will be temporary, and he will regain his worthyness. I also want to know *exactly* what makes someone "worthy", that's always been kinda poorly defined. I want to see if I am right about what Fury whispered to him, if it is about Loki killing Kid Loki (I think it would make sense, especially if he wanted to kill Loki over it, and THAT is what makes him unworthy. Not the words he heard, but how he reacts to them). You're dropping it? good. If this is how you behave when your favorite character goes though a rough patch, good riddance. It's fans like you who have kept comics mired in the past and prevented interesting developments with characters, where things are stagnant. Marvel doesn't need you, they need fans that are open to new possibilities and engaging stories that are not afraid to shake up the status quo. I hope they get a bunch of new fans to take your place and then some, and given how good Aaron's God of Thunder was, I doubt they will have a problem there.
    It's statements like this from people who, by the way it is written at least, seem to know nothing about Thor that fuels more negativity towards this. You're excited? Great. Don't come and tell the rest of us who have hundreds of books worth of Thor comics that we're not fans just because YOU feel something is new. To us longtime fans, this is nothing new. It's been done over and over again. And then some person comes up and berates established fans for not being fans at all. And why? Because we have a brain and are not accepting something which is just the newest and most severe new crapping over a character we love. Again, how is supporting a direction that WE, not you, already know where it's going to end make us fans of that character. By supporting his "unworthiness" for the (insert random number here) time? Then they accuse us of over reacting and raging. Uh..... The tone of the mini essay sounds like some anger is present in there to me too. Is it because your continued feeding of PC ideology isn't being swallowed up so easily? I've googled many threads over at USA today and various other news sites and if you go into their comment sections most people are berating this move. So I feel after the 5th issue , at most, sales will dip below what they were now. And I can't wait. See, NOW I'M RAGING!

Finally, we longtime fans are being attacked for being loyal to the one true character. It's not our fault the we KNOW what makes him worthy. We've been there the whole time , unlike some others who just jump on for gimmicks, and then pretend it's because they "want to know where this goes". If you really cared about the character there's something called "back issues". Read them! Then you'd know where this goes. The path may vary a bit but the end result is the same. Like a Ragnarok for Thor outside of his comic book world.

The conclusion to their sentiments? Beautiful really. As is common by now they end them with that old staple: "good I hope your replaced by new fans". Newsflash: new fans are fickle. Just look at the Nu52. They erased everything to cater to the new and where are the massive sales??! Yeah. Not there. Rest my case.
    Last edited by ThunderingHammer; 09-30-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    It's statements like this from people who, by the way it is written at least, seem to know nothing about Thor that fuels more negativity towards this. You're excited? Great. Don't come and tell the rest of us who have hundreds of books worth of Thor comics that we're not fans just because YOU feel something is new. To us longtime fans, this is nothing new. It's been done over and over again. And then some person comes up and berates established fans for not being fans at all. And why? Because we have a brain and are not accepting something which is just the newest and most severe new crapping over a character we love. Again, how is supporting a direction that WE, not you, already know where it's going to end make us fans of that character. By supporting his "unworthiness" for the (insert random number here) time? Then they tell us that we're raging. And they end their statements by "good I hope your replaced by new fans". Newsflash: new fans are fickle. Just look at the Nu52. They erased everything to cater to the new and where are the massive sales??! Yeah. Not there. Rest my case.
    You obviously didn't do enough research. Initial New52 sales were up over 300% after the reboot and are still selling over 60-80% better line wide than the pre52. So DC is selling way more then they used to because of the ability for new readers to become invested in the beginning of each character.

Extraordinary Member

We've had a bunch of other Thors:

Red Norville
    Beta Ray Bill
    Erik Masterson
    Dargo Ktor(The Future Thor)

The Thor name has gotten passed around quite a bit. Its just that this was pre-internet. So dudes had less of a venue to overreact unless they wanted to go to the trouble to write a letter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    You obviously didn't do enough research. Initial New52 sales were up over 300% after the reboot and are still selling over 60-80% better line wide than the pre52. So DC is selling way more then they used to because of the ability for new readers to become invested in the beginning of each character.
    Uh-huh. 300% up. Of course it would "surge" up initially. And yes it's selling better now but superman and co. weren't selling good anyway so any increase is better to what they had. Where's WW by chance?? Yeah, still stuck in the doldrums huh? And I say that to demonstrate that maybe Thor needs a sales boost but if the most visible female lead is still beneath him even when she was rebooted for the new, how much of an increase are new fans worth? Still not much. So your point is moot. The gain is not overwhelming. And the faithfulness won't be either. Tootles!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We've had a bunch of other Thors:

Red Norville
    Beta Ray Bill
    Erik Masterson
    Dargo Ktor(The Future Thor)

The Thor name has gotten passed around quite a bit. Its just that this was pre-internet. So dudes had less of a venue to overreact unless they wanted to go to the trouble to write a letter.

Wrong again. They weren't and aren't "THORS". They are wielders of hammers and, except for Masterson, have never been referred to as the one, actual Thor. And Masterson had Odinsons body just not his soul so physically he was the REAL Thor. All the others don't go by "Thor". Red norvell was used by Odin to protect his son calling him Thor just to get the Midgard serpent to kill him instead of Odinson. Try again.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I for one think this looks great, and I am really interested to see where it all goes. I think some people are getting WAAAAAAAY too worked up about this. We still know essentially nothing about the hows and whys of the situation, and it's the hows and whys that make the story and gives it emotional weight. But people are throwing a temper tantrum, jumping to the worst possible conclusions taking pains to be as cynical and negative as humanly possible about something they know almost nothing about, just because... what, Thor's in a bad place at the moment? (story wise, i mean, I think the book will continue to be good) Well, characters going through a bad place is fertile soil for a story that lets you know what REALLY makes a character tick, and I am really looking forward to seeing that. I want to know what makes him tick, and if he is brought low in the process, so be it. Especially since we already know that will be temporary, and he will regain his worthyness. I also want to know *exactly* what makes someone "worthy", that's always been kinda poorly defined. I want to see if I am right about what Fury whispered to him, if it is about Loki killing Kid Loki (I think it would make sense, especially if he wanted to kill Loki over it, and THAT is what makes him unworthy. Not the words he heard, but how he reacts to them). You're dropping it? good. If this is how you behave when your favorite character goes though a rough patch, good riddance. It's fans like you who have kept comics mired in the past and prevented interesting developments with characters, where things are stagnant. Marvel doesn't need you, they need fans that are open to new possibilities and engaging stories that are not afraid to shake up the status quo. I hope they get a bunch of new fans to take your place and then some, and given how good Aaron's God of Thunder was, I doubt they will have a problem there.
    OK, First off: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My God you people who are fawning over this are hilarious. Thinking that because we oppose some ideas as bad that somehow means that we're opposed to the idea of change in general. Well, let me assure you that we don't mind change as long as it's not detrimental to characters that we've grown up with and have come to appreciate. And we know for a fact that Marvel can make such changes without screwing over or killing off those characters.

Case in point: Jason Aaron's work on Ghost Rider. Not only did he introduce a new villain in the form of the rogue angel Zadkiel and reintroduce Danny Ketch, he also introduced the concept of Ghost Riders from different cultures and countries(both male and female). And, unlike what he's doing with your precious Fraud of Thunder, he didn't have to screw over Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch to do it.

Same principle applies to All-New Ghost Rider. Robbie Reyes manage to become a Ghost Rider on his own without taking advantage of a depowered predecessor. And as an added bonus, in the next issue we get to see him and Johnny Blaze lock horns and hopefully become allies later on.

Here's another example: Incredible Hulks. A comic that not only gave the Hulk (a traditional loner character) a family of sorts but also placed him as the leader of a team. A role I think he handled pretty well. Too bad that in the current run, there having Hulk depower his allies (his own son and cousin included) there by possibly destroying his relationships with those allies. And Kluh? Seriously?

But at least we're getting two reprieves from that in the form of the Savage Hulk comics which take classic Hulk stories and expanding on them. I'd also be remiss if I were not to bring up Thanos vs. Hulk, a sweet and simple slobberknocker between 2 of Marvel's strongest characters.

And one of the reasons why we're not pleased with what's happening to Thor because a good deal of us happened to [I]like[I] Aaron's God of Thunder series. You had Thor meeting with his past and future selves, Old Thor hitting Galactus hard enough to make him vomit up the energies of the world's he's consumed, and new villain Gorr the God Butcher. Yes, it was a very entertaining read. And while you do make a point to see what exactly happened to Thor, I'll stick to the internet for info on that. Not wasting my money on this screwjob of a comic.

So for you to say that we don't like change because we oppose a particular idea that you like is rather ignorant on your part. If we don't like something then we have the right to make our opinions known about it. And we don't have to shut up and go away just because you want us to. And I'm going to keep making my opinions on this know for as long as Marvel plans to push the idea, with or without anybody's approval.

Long live Thor Odinson, the real God of Thunder.

Have a nice day.
    Sincerely,
    Zarathos022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Wrong again. They weren't and aren't "THORS". They are wielders of hammers and, except for Masterson, have never been referred to as the one, actual Thor. And Masterson had Odinsons body just not his soul so physically he was the REAL Thor. All the others don't go by "Thor". Red norvell was used by Odin to protect his son calling him Thor just to get the Midgard serpent to kill him instead of Odinson. Try again.
    You can say that but if the stories they are in call them "Thors" and they answer to the name of "Thor" in story then they were...Thors.

Nothing would make me happier than if this book was amazing and sold really well and this new Thor stuck around for a long time... I hate people who are so firm in their position that they refuse to accept that there could possibly be something else that would be just as good if not better. Nobody is getting rid of Odinson but he isnt going to be Thor anymore... Just like Steve Rogers isnt Captain America... LOL GET OVER IT. Long live the real Thor... who is now female and not named Odinson and is most likely Jane Foster.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Nothing would make me happier than if this book was amazing and sold really well and this new Thor stuck around for a long time... I hate people who are so firm in their position that they refuse to accept that there could possibly be something else that would be just as good if not better. Nobody is getting rid of Odinson but he isnt going to be Thor anymore... Just like Steve Rogers isnt Captain America... LOL GET OVER IT. Long live the real Thor... who is now female and not named Odinson and is most likely Jane Foster.
    Keep dreaming, pal. To us she isn't Thor, never was Thor, and never will be Thor.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    If him hearing a whisper is still the only reason he's unworthy, why can't Iron Man just wipe Thor's memory of that whisper?
    It'll probably happen.