Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos022 View Post
    Keep dreaming, pal. To us she isn't Thor, never was Thor, and never will be Thor.
    If she isn't Thor then why is her Title going to be Thor? She is going to be the hero of the Thor comic right? Seems like she is Thor. So I am really sorry for your delusion. Things change buddy.

Even Carol would be the first to admit Billy Batson is the real Captain Marvel.

BANNED

OK, First off: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My God you people who are fawning over this are hilarious. Thinking that because we oppose some ideas as bad that somehow means that we're opposed to the idea of change in general. Well, let me assure you that we don't mind change as long as it's not detrimental to characters that we've grown up with and have come to appreciate. And we know for a fact that Marvel can make such changes without screwing over or killing off those characters.

Case in point: Jason Aaron's work on Ghost Rider. Not only did he introduce a new villain in the form of the rogue angel Zadkiel and reintroduce Danny Ketch, he also introduced the concept of Ghost Riders from different cultures and countries(both male and female). And, unlike what he's doing with your precious Fraud of Thunder, he didn't have to screw over Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch to do it.

Same principle applies to All-New Ghost Rider. Robbie Reyes manage to become a Ghost Rider on his own without taking advantage of a depowered predecessor. And as an added bonus, in the next issue we get to see him and Johnny Blaze lock horns and hopefully become allies later on.

Here's another example: Incredible Hulks. A comic that not only gave the Hulk (a traditional loner character) a family of sorts but also placed him as the leader of a team. A role I think he handled pretty well. Too bad that in the current run, there having Hulk depower his allies (his own son and cousin included) there by possibly destroying his relationships with those allies. And Kluh? Seriously?

But at least we're getting two reprieves from that in the form of the Savage Hulk comics which take classic Hulk stories and expanding on them. I'd also be remiss if I were not to bring up Thanos vs. Hulk, a sweet and simple slobberknocker between 2 of Marvel's strongest characters.

And one of the reasons why we're not pleased with what's happening to Thor because a good deal of us happened to [I]like[I] Aaron's God of Thunder series. You had Thor meeting with his past and future selves, Old Thor hitting Galactus hard enough to make him vomit up the energies of the world's he's consumed, and new villain Gorr the God Butcher. Yes, it was a very entertaining read. And while you do make a point to see what exactly happened to Thor, I'll stick to the internet for info on that. Not wasting my money on this screwjob of a comic.

So for you to say that we don't like change because we oppose a particular idea that you like is rather ignorant on your part. If we don't like something then we have the right to make our opinions known about it. And we don't have to shut up and go away just because you want us to. And I'm going to keep making my opinions on this know for as long as Marvel plans to push the idea, with or without anybody's approval.

Long live Thor Odinson, the real God of Thunder.

Have a nice day.
    Sincerely,
    Zarathos022
    Nicely done!
    Here! Here! Bud!
    Give em hell!!!! LMAO!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Nothing would make me happier than if this book was amazing and sold really well and this new Thor stuck around for a long time... I hate people who are so firm in their position that they refuse to accept that there could possibly be something else that would be just as good if not better. Nobody is getting rid of Odinson but he isnt going to be Thor anymore... Just like Steve Rogers isnt Captain America... LOL GET OVER IT. Long live the real Thor... who is now female and not named Odinson and is most likely Jane Foster.
    Hate to.....actually scratch that......LOVE to rain on your parade.......but the movies have engrained these characters as Steve rogers= captain America and thor= man. So if you think that a comic that at this point has a threshold of 100-150,000 copies a month can influence or alter the already set in stone knowledge of billions of people worldwide, it is you who are delusional. You're fighting a battle that's already lost. Hell, WW and aquaman have been around forever and stories have been made portraying them as powerful but nothing has convinced anyone in the GA that either of them are even relevant or badasses no matter how much their fans try to propagate that information. I'm warring over comic Thor because I'm a comic book fan. But in the bigger picture big ol Chris Hemsworth is the nail in your characters coffin. Nobody in the GA will accept Portman, who everyone finds annoying, as Thordis. Since Jane already had that storyline waaaayyy back when anyway and you seem sure that's the identity of the poser. Either way, as you know, name, look, powers, even the villains are all Odinsons so you saying that they are hers now is like saying that an identity thief with your information, I.D., likeness, and SS# opening fraudulent cards and accounts is really you! I doubt that even you would admit that that was true huh?

Hammerette won't survive this. She'll die a horrible death at Gorr's hands. I know it. YOU know it. And Thor wil have to live with that shame after he kills Gorr knowing his unworthiness cost the fill in her misbegotten life. Oh well......
    Last edited by ThunderingHammer; 09-30-2014 at 10:08 AM.

BANNED

Guys, this is just Act 2 of Jason Aaron's Thor run. It's not worth getting upset about a story 1/3 of the way in.

Alright let's move on from the who is a real Thor topic and focus more on what they think of the preview. For those who are excited about it, what about this is appealing to you? For those that aren't a fan of this direction, what bothers you aside from the fact that Thor Odinson is no longer worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Alright let's move on from the who is a real Thor topic and focus more on what they think of the preview. For those who are excited about it, what about this is appealing to you? For those that aren't a fan of this direction, what bothers you aside from the fact that Thor Odinson is no longer worthy?
    Thor crying like a baby is just horrible.It is not like he lost a family member or a friend.Everybody gather here like it is a funeral.it is just a hammer thor sit there crying about the hammer .Odin could easily make a new one for him.It is a weapon nothing more.. I mean he is odin and its his spell he could just reverse it if he really wants. I guess that wont happen for plot purposes though.

I think nick says :: Skull: MOUTH AND SEWING ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Why should we^^

We had already a Thorgirl this seems to be a Thor Woman but Thor isn't Superman/Batman or Spiderman were countless variant exist. Thor has its roots in mythology so you can go forwards but not sidewards.
    True, but since Thor's name is Thor by birth why isn't the new comer calling herself a different name like the other hammer wielders like Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike and Red Norville. Its like saying Bruce Wayne having to change his real name because he lost legal status and has to go by Matches Malone. Its his given name not a super hero title.

Besides its part of fandom we are always at war with each other.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 09-30-2014 at 10:34 AM.

photo-600x431.jpg
    First word is something like THOR, YOUR, SHUR ,SEWING .

Hmm...is that Angela's actual Asgardian name in that second part?

Ultimate Member

OK, First off: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My God you people who are fawning over this are hilarious. Thinking that because we oppose some ideas as bad that somehow means that we're opposed to the idea of change in general. Well, let me assure you that we don't mind change as long as it's not detrimental to characters that we've grown up with and have come to appreciate. And we know for a fact that Marvel can make such changes without screwing over or killing off those characters.

Case in point: Jason Aaron's work on Ghost Rider. Not only did he introduce a new villain in the form of the rogue angel Zadkiel and reintroduce Danny Ketch, he also introduced the concept of Ghost Riders from different cultures and countries(both male and female). And, unlike what he's doing with your precious Fraud of Thunder, he didn't have to screw over Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch to do it.

Same principle applies to All-New Ghost Rider. Robbie Reyes manage to become a Ghost Rider on his own without taking advantage of a depowered predecessor. And as an added bonus, in the next issue we get to see him and Johnny Blaze lock horns and hopefully become allies later on.

Here's another example: Incredible Hulks. A comic that not only gave the Hulk (a traditional loner character) a family of sorts but also placed him as the leader of a team. A role I think he handled pretty well. Too bad that in the current run, there having Hulk depower his allies (his own son and cousin included) there by possibly destroying his relationships with those allies. And Kluh? Seriously?

But at least we're getting two reprieves from that in the form of the Savage Hulk comics which take classic Hulk stories and expanding on them. I'd also be remiss if I were not to bring up Thanos vs. Hulk, a sweet and simple slobberknocker between 2 of Marvel's strongest characters.

And one of the reasons why we're not pleased with what's happening to Thor because a good deal of us happened to [I]like[I] Aaron's God of Thunder series. You had Thor meeting with his past and future selves, Old Thor hitting Galactus hard enough to make him vomit up the energies of the world's he's consumed, and new villain Gorr the God Butcher. Yes, it was a very entertaining read. And while you do make a point to see what exactly happened to Thor, I'll stick to the internet for info on that. Not wasting my money on this screwjob of a comic.

So for you to say that we don't like change because we oppose a particular idea that you like is rather ignorant on your part. If we don't like something then we have the right to make our opinions known about it. And we don't have to shut up and go away just because you want us to. And I'm going to keep making my opinions on this know for as long as Marvel plans to push the idea, with or without anybody's approval.

Long live Thor Odinson, the real God of Thunder.

Have a nice day.
    Sincerely,
    Zarathos022
    If you can only make your "argument" by taking cheap shots at people who have a different opinion/misrepresenting what they're saying, then your argument was pretty weak to begin with. People aren't "fawning" over this, they're simply keeping an open mind and giving it a chance. They aren't resorting to knee-jerk complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Hmm...is that Angela's actual Asgardian name in that second part?
    no Second word/line is ( Your Alter ego )

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    no Second word/line is ( Your Alter ego )
    My guess right from the beginning was that this had something to do with donald blake... if thats what he reffered to with the words alter ego.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    My guess right from the beginning was that this had something to do with donald blake... if thats what he reffered to with the words alter ego.
    yes ...
    and the word/line (YOUR, SHUR ,SEWING )
    Loki’s mouth was sewn shut by Thor.(it is a Thor and Loki story)
    Last edited by ROSA13; 09-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.