Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiilH View Post
    I will try this new series out because I have loved Aaron's run with Thor. I just cannot get enthusiastic about it because of the idea that the new hammer-wielder is now "Thor". Thor, to me, is the character that I have been reading about for decades.
    You mean, besides those other guys who called themselves Thor when Thor was out of commission?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Agreed. But I guess it's better than having Thor become a woman. That would've been terrible.
    Except for that time it wasn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    You mean, besides those other guys who called themselves Thor when Thor was out of commission?

Except for that time it wasn't.

Well again, none of those other wielders called themselves Thor other than Masterson who was physically Thor so he is legitimate. Beta Ray bill, norvell, thunder strike and co. all held Mjolnir but never really used it. They each got their own mallets and hammers. And Earth/universe X is an alternate universe which doesn't count in canon. Just like the What ifs.

We dont even know yet if She will call herself Thor yet. All this is speculation and Thor is still a heavy part of the book. In my eyes, all this is is a story arc and a struggle for Thor. Another battle he must fight and overcome.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    Well again, none of those other wielders called themselves Thor other than Masterson who was physically Thor so he is legitimate. Beta Ray bill, norvell, thunder strike and co. all held Mjolnir but never really used it. They each got their own mallets and hammers. And Earth/universe X is an alternate universe which doesn't count in canon. Just like the What ifs.
    Canon is irrelevent. It just had a good Thor story. Which should be all that matters.