Extraordinary Member

Default Sensastion Comics #7 Digital spoilers

Well that was just about as bad as it possibly could be. It would be difficult to spoil it more than it has been, but here goes

Long story short -

The only significant guy characters in the story are a hate spewing conservative and a gun-totting nut who defends women's rights to dress sexy so he can droll over them, then tries to shoot them when they reject his advances.

Steve is mentioned but we don't know why he is not around, but I would surmise based on how the other guys are shown here its because he is insecure about having a woman more popular and successful than he is.

In short, if you are a girl and you like hearing about how men are drooling idiots out to enslave you this is likely a 10. If you are a guy like myself and you disagree you are probably a misogynist who just wants to keep women down so your opinion is tainted and worthless.

The art is nice, though.

(Also apparently the United States is the last bastion of female rights, even though women only got the right to vote in the USA over twenty years after countries like Australia and the United Kingdom, both of which have been led by female heads of state.)
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well that was just about as bad as it possibly could be. It would be difficult to spoil it more than it has been, but here goes

Long story short -

The only significant guy characters in the story are a hate spewing conservative and a gun-totting nut who defends women's rights to dress sexy so he can droll over them, then tries to shoot them when they reject his advances.

Steve is mentioned but we don't know why he is not around, but I would surmise based on how the other guys are shown here its because he is insecure about having a woman more popular and successful than he is.

In short, if you are a girl and you like hearing about how men are drooling idiots out to enslave you this is likely a 10. If you are a guy like myself and you disagree you are probably a misogynist who just wants to keep women down so your opinion is tainted and worthless.

The art is nice, though.

(Also apparently the United States is the last bastion of female rights, even though women only got the right to vote in the USA over twenty years after countries like Australia and the United Kingdom, both of which have been led by female heads of state.)
    you know what, we may disagree on certain things but your a-okay in my book

its sad really, got a buddy who reads ww openly who will probably vent to me about for hours on skype.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    you know what, we may disagree on certain things but your a-okay in my book

its sad really, got a buddy who reads ww openly who will probably vent to me about for hours on skype.
    Thanks - that is because as adults we can disagree and still respect each other.

Sadly I am sure this comic merely fosters the idea of division, rather than unity.

All I can say regarding your friend's upcoming rant is that at least the story is short
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Oh, did I mention earlier that after the guys tries to murder Diana in the street in front of a couple of kids she lets him run away? Yes, instead of handing the homicidal lunatic over to the police she lets him run free while she talks about making sure America really is a safe place for women.

So in one breath the story characterizes men as hormone fueled morons, and then in the next it makes it's female hero look ridiculous to the point of being criminally negligent.

I guess that is a kind of equality...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh, did I mention earlier that after the guys tries to murder Diana in the street in front of a couple of kids she lets him run away? Yes, instead of handing the homicidal lunatic over to the police she lets him run free while she talks about making sure America really is a safe place for women.

So in one breath the story characterizes men as hormone fueled morons, and then in the next it makes it's female hero look ridiculous to the point of being criminally negligent.

I guess that is a kind of equality...
    well, i'll know to to avoid this guys next issue. i mean seriously at the bold.

Extraordinary Member

More preachy? Perhaps.

A better message? Absolutely.