Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Secret Avengers visited the 666 world, had Frankencastle and Doctor Voodoo (identical to Remender's Doctor Voodoo series) was Sorcerer Supreme and bad-ass awesome! Also he wrote a great Thor in Secret Avengers tie-in to AvX; which might have led to him adding Thor's massive story arc in Uncanny Avengers?

X-Force also had a statue in the halls of Apocalypse for Dr. Mindbubble which became a villain in Remender's Captain America series. I'm not sure why he was in with the Apocalypse statues since he is a result of the super soldier tests and actually a pretty minor villain in the scheme of the book.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedFred View Post
    I remember reading the samething... I think he continues the story in the Rage of Ultron graphic novel.
    Oh wow! I wasn't paying much attention to comics news this summer (busy...it was summer, hahaha). I totally missed this news until just now.

I'm FULL stoked to read this! I was recently lamenting how Uncanny Avengers has featured an array of my favorite villains, save Ultron. It'll be amazing to see Remender's take on him!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Oh wow! I wasn't paying much attention to comics news this summer (busy...it was summer, hahaha). I totally missed this news until just now.

I'm FULL stoked to read this! I was recently lamenting how Uncanny Avengers has featured an array of my favorite villains, save Ultron. It'll be amazing to see Remender's take on him!
    I'm almost inclined to say Uncanny Avengers is my current favorite Marvel book being published.

Yeah, I'm currently reading the first volume of Secret Avengers. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I do like his Hank characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by macicenuke View Post
    I'm almost inclined to say Uncanny Avengers is my current favorite Marvel book being published.

Yeah, I'm currently reading the first volume of Secret Avengers. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I do like his Hank characterization.
    Was your favorite. The last issue comes out tomorrow.

It's been, hands down, my favorite Marvel book since it's debut. It's all sweeping time and cosmos spanning high drama - classic comics stuff!

But Secret Avengers was probably my favorite of his work, with UA coming in at a very close second. UA has a much larger scope at play, but I really enjoyed the Decendents stuff. I'm a fan of the whole artificial life theme though. (Not Remender, but did you read Avengers AI? It was full wacky good fun!!)

All of his stuff has been great though. I didn't read his Punisher though, save for the one shot 'List' issue. I'm just not a Punisher fan. Uncanny X-force ("SWISH"! hahaha) was some solid reading too!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Rick Remender successfully made Venom a fresh character after nearly a decade and a half being a one-note baddie of one form or another. Terrible shame that the series got cancelled.

One thing I'm interested in is how Remender uses Hickman's group of 8 month future Avengers and Illuminati, not to mention whatever he has planned for his characters post-Axis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    One thing I'm interested in is how Remender uses Hickman's group of 8 month future Avengers and Illuminati, not to mention whatever he has planned for his characters post-Axis.
    I am SO backed up in my Avengers and New Avengers reading. I had a mountain of books to catch up on this month, and I just can't bring myself to jump into Hickman's stylings. I will, but there are just far more interesting things in my pile at the moment. I think the last issue I've read was when Hawkeye was pulled out of the time loop? I don't recall what was going on in New Avengers.

His books have always felt kinda 'irrellevant' to me, with Uncanny Avengers sitting as the Avengers book in my head. Hickman's stuff was great, but it all kinda lost me around 'Infinity'. That was a full dud, imho, and the series never recaptured that momentum.

Weird, eh?

I am SO backed up in my Avengers and New Avengers reading. I had a mountain of books to catch up on this month, and I just can't bring myself to jump into Hickman's stylings. I will, but there are just far more interesting things in my pile at the moment. I think the last issue I've read was when Hawkeye was pulled out of the time loop? I don't recall what was going on in New Avengers.

His books have always felt kinda 'irrellevant' to me, with Uncanny Avengers sitting as the Avengers book in my head. Hickman's stuff was great, but it all kinda lost me around 'Infinity'. That was a full dud, imho, and the series never recaptured that momentum.

Weird, eh?
    Yeah, I've never even read most of his Avengers/New Avengers work, and the only thing I read of the Infinity event were the tie-ins for Guardians of the galaxy, Nova, and Mighty Avengers.

However I am very interested to see the Time Runs out arc, to see how everything looks 8 months from now, because it's not just Hickman's say on how everything is, apparently it's how everything will be from all the series around April and May of 2015.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Was your favorite. The last issue comes out tomorrow.

It's been, hands down, my favorite Marvel book since it's debut. It's all sweeping time and cosmos spanning high drama - classic comics stuff!

But Secret Avengers was probably my favorite of his work, with UA coming in at a very close second. UA has a much larger scope at play, but I really enjoyed the Decendents stuff. I'm a fan of the whole artificial life theme though. (Not Remender, but did you read Avengers AI? It was full wacky good fun!!)

All of his stuff has been great though. I didn't read his Punisher though, save for the one shot 'List' issue. I'm just not a Punisher fan. Uncanny X-force ("SWISH"! hahaha) was some solid reading too!
    Ah! That's a bummer. Had no idea it was the last issue.

Guess I should finish his Secret Avengers run. I'm currently digging his Cap stuff but I'm three trades behind (although I know what's currently going on).