Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default World War Hulk vs Apocalypse

It's Hulk at his strategic and focused best against Apocalypse.

Does he have what it takes to put Poccy down for the count?

2nd battle: If that's not enough, he goes into World Breaker mode. How'd he fare against Apocalypse?

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

First impressions:

IIRC, Poccy has outmuscled Hulk before. It's a bit ironic that he's fighting his former War, now dressed up in gladiator armor. So yeah, I'm giving this to Apocalypse.

Round 2: Poccy's bad on feats, and World Breaker Hulk's likely much smashier than when he faced Apocalypse. I think Hulk's got this one, unless I'm forgetting some cool esoterics for Poccy.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    First impressions:

IIRC, Poccy has outmuscled Hulk before. It's a bit ironic that he's fighting his former War, now dressed up in gladiator armor. So yeah, I'm giving this to Apocalypse.

Round 2: Poccy's bad on feats, and World Breaker Hulk's likely much smashier than when he faced Apocalypse. I think Hulk's got this one, unless I'm forgetting some cool esoterics for Poccy.
    he suppose to have some psychic powers but i haven't seen them for me to say its viable for him in this one.

So a character bad on feats vs a character bad on feats?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So a character bad on feats vs a character bad on feats?
    Everybody's favorite game show!

BANNED

Apocalypse jobs to the X-Men. It's hard to take him seriously. Vast powers or not he's nowhere near WWH.

Quote Originally Posted by nulbreaker View Post
    Apocalypse jobs to the X-Men. It's hard to take him seriously. Vast powers or not he's nowhere near WWH.
    Yeah, we're talking about a guy who struggled against Dracula and against the original line-up of X-Factor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nulbreaker View Post
    Welcome to Rumbles. That's not really how it works here. I'd recommend reading the rules thread on the first page. We throw out situations of jobbing, and go by the character's high-end feats that are consistent with the presentation. Poccy is presented as team-wrecker with pretty amazing durability and effectively instant regen, plus solid telepathy and energy projection and some degree of super strength. Now, his feats are all over the place - that's certain - but, in a comic, he might get his ass kicked by Wolverine. Here, that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Poccy is presented as team-wrecker with pretty amazing durability and effectively instant regen, plus solid telepathy and energy projection and some degree of super strength.
    Yep. Conveniently, so has World War Hulk with the X-Teams. To say nothing else of the fight, we at least have some basis to judge the fight just by comparing how they've beaten the X-Men.

Even with his questionable degree of Telepathy, Poccy should mindfrag the Hulk (just as Xavier should have done had there not been......reasons).

Hulk's shown to have some level of TP resistance due to reasons before(typically rage being a TP buffer, and Hulk having so much of it it's been said to be painful for TPs in his mind), just having telepathy isn't enough to grant him an easy win, and Xavier's a bit too high on the totem pole(by a few miles) to bring in for comparison sake without some serious feats to back it up.

Mighty Member

I don't see any reason Poccy Lips can't space toss Hulk.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Point: There are individual X-Men that should be able to trounce pretty much any Hulk.

The X-teams lineups have included the likes of Magneto, Namor, Collosonaut, the Phoenix Five, various actual Phoenix Force bearers, and more high level telepaths than the number of comics Wolverine is in at any given time.

Not to mention that, by those standards, there are times that Wolverine had given Hulk a spot of trouble, which is ridiculous.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't see any reason Poccy Lips can't space toss Hulk.
    I don't see any reason why Hulk can't space toss Poccy.

Namor
    I agree on the rest but.....eh, if they aren't fighting in the water, I don't see a problem with Hulk beating Namor.