Super Moderator

Default CBR TV: Russell Dauterman is Worthy of the New "Thor"

Artist Russel Dauterman talks with CBR TV about taking on Marvel's "Thor" reluanch with Jason Aaron and creating the new female Thor.

Full article here.

BANNED

I love that fact that he really had not had a solid stream of "big 2" work being him. Made a splash on Nightwing, came on and killed Cyclops, and then got put on an Iconic character with a huge media presence due to the change. Great for him (and for fans) that so many more people will get exposure to his designs and talent from this.
    So many "new to Marvel" artists are being put on (by my opinion) either sub-par books like some of the other X-solos (Magneto and Cyclops aside) or great books that suffer in the sales department (like Elektra, X-Factor) it is great to see a newer voice on a title that really gives him a chance to shine.
    A great story and great inspiration for who seems to be (from his social media) a very thankful, humble, and deserving creator!
    Last edited by Daymare; 10-20-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Amazing Member

He's so adorable :3

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

The first thing I saw of his was on some Tumblr page and it was this brilliant X-Men drawing - http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...an-d6ploq6.jpg - and I just loved it: vibrant, fun, just a great drawing. I saw his stuff on Cyclops after that, and even though I don't read that comic itr definitely piqued my interest in his stuff more. Then Thor #1 came out, which I do read, and blew me away. He's great.

This interview shows him in a great light too - friendly, definitely having a great time doing what he's doing. Smile-inducing, ha!

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'm sincerely hoping the new Thor is Worthy of Dautermann. His work on no. 1 was stunning.
    "Self has no time for this."

The man is brilliant. He's got talent just wafting off of him, and its entirely hypnotic.
    I'm on board for anything this man draws, Marvel. ANYTHING. Even flippin' Squirrel Girl -- just, please don't make that happen.
    This guy's got insane artistic chops! I hope he's got a looooooooooong career at Marvel!

BANNED

Good artist. Just hope next time he does a book I'll read.

All-New Member

Male Thor grows out a beard but female Thor apparently shaves her armpits. LOL.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bartok View Post
    Male Thor grows out a beard but female Thor apparently shaves her armpits. LOL.
    He's also developed a hairy chest since becoming unworthy. Maybe waxing is one of Mjolnir's less talked about powers. It certainly does hair and fashion.
    image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."