Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Brett, please learn what "erstwhile" means. And then we shall be friends.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

All-New Member

Default Missed opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Well, we know she can crush steel with her bare hands, and recover quickly from a stab wound to the gut. Other than that, no one's really addressed it. Just like we still don't know what happened with her version of the super soldier serum, if she managed to save Fortune, what the big mystery about her dad was, if her mother's still alive...

Maybe now she's going to be in the MCU, Marvel will give her a decent showing.
    This is one of the things that bothered me about Original Sin. Didn't Fury give both Bucky and Mockingbird some point, so it wasn't a LMD. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel just forgot (both times it was relatively forgettable), but would've helped with the "this is when Fury started breaking down."

Also, I still have no idea what the heck happened at the end of the last volume of Secret Avengers. It felt very vague. If anyone has an explanation for that, it would be appreciated!

Astonishing Member

What might be cool to see is for Bobbi and Clint to reconcile their relationship. Clint has not been the same ever since he split up with Bobbi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhnshft View Post
    This is one of the things that bothered me about Original Sin. Didn't Fury give both Bucky and Mockingbird some point, so it wasn't a LMD. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel just forgot (both times it was relatively forgettable), but would've helped with the "this is when Fury started breaking down."

Also, I still have no idea what the heck happened at the end of the last volume of Secret Avengers. It felt very vague. If anyone has an explanation for that, it would be appreciated!
    They actually did say explicitly that Fury only started rapidly ageing just before he was forced to kill the Watcher, so that all still fits. I think it was issue six or seven of the event? But yeah. That was explained.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnshft View Post
    Bobbi was possibly a member of the Cult of Entropy at some point, something which is backed up by her psychic abilities finally being brought up again. But it's also possible that it was a trick by Forson that backfired on him because the Bobbi and Barbara personalities decided that neither of them liked him and beat the crap out of him before one or some combination of the two of them decided that she was firmly on the side of the heroes.

And then Bobbi was written out of Secret Avengers, because writers seem to contantly give her interesting stories and never actually finish them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Bobbi was possibly a member of the Cult of Entropy at some point, something which is backed up by her psychic abilities finally being brought up again. But it's also possible that it was a trick by Forson that backfired on him because the Bobbi and Barbara personalities decided that neither of them liked him and beat the crap out of him before one or some combination of the two of them decided that she was firmly on the side of the heroes.

And then Bobbi was written out of Secret Avengers, because writers seem to contantly give her interesting stories and never actually finish them.
    It was said at the time that her story would be picked up in Avengers Worlds...I'm assuming that never happened? The only appearance I know she's made since then was in Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    It was said at the time that her story would be picked up in Avengers Worlds...I'm assuming that never happened? The only appearance I know she's made since then was in Hawkeye.
    It was kind of referenced with Forson telling Francis Barton that he doesn't know who his mother really was, but Bobbi hasn't appeared at all.

She did show up in a panel of Captain America today! She didn't say anything, but she was there. It's kind of sad that I get happy about that sort of appearance now.

Yeah, they're dealing with some AIM fallout in Avengers World, but as far as I know they haven't gotten back round to Bobbi.

I think the new Agents of SHIELD series is a natural place for her, and Mark Waid is a continuity master, so my fingers are crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    terrible makeover after secret invasion.
    I like it. Straddles the line nicely between superspy and superhero.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    Yeah, they're dealing with some AIM fallout in Avengers World, but as far as I know they haven't gotten back round to Bobbi.

I think the new Agents of SHIELD series is a natural place for her, and Mark Waid is a continuity master, so my fingers are crossed.
    I would agree except I really don't like that the series seems to be revolving around the TV characters...they aren't even that interesting on TV.