Spider-Man 2099 omnibus

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Ennis Punisher MAX omnibus
    Avengers: The Initiative omnibus
    Captain Britain & MI13 Omnibus/OHC

Aphrodite IX OHC
    East of West OHC

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I created a thread on this subject on the old board, so let me just try and remember:

2001: A Space Odyssey by Jack Kirby, IF licensing works out (I doubt it will, but one can dream.)
    X-Men Vignettes - The Complete Collection vols. 1 and 2, collecting the first two trades of Vignettes, and the 20 odd issues of Classic X-Men which have not been collected. Maybe with some other uncollected X-Men material, like Bizarre Adventures #28.
    Web of Spider-Man vol. 1 and Luke Cage/Iron Fist vol. 1 in colour (the UK has a graphic novel which collects the first four issues of Power-Man and Iron Fist in colour, but I would love to read some more.)
    The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus by David Michelinie vol. 2
    The Nomad backups from Brubaker's Captain America.
    Damage Control
    The Sensational She-Hulk vol. 2/Savage She-Hulk
    The (sadly uncompleted) All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes
    Spider-Man: The Early Years, with Avenging Spider-Man #11, Spectacular Spider-Man #27, some of the minus issues from the 90s, Amazing Fantasy #16-18, and maybe an obligatory reprint of Amazing Fantasy #15. Could make a nice companion to Learning to Crawl.

Other uncollected stuff:
    The UK has pocketbooks of Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny X-Men which are way ahead of the Masterworks.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I would love some great East of west hardcovers, as big as possible!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Lots of great proposal so far. Here are just a few other books I'd love to see.

Leave it to Chance Omnibus

Eisner's The Spirit Omnibus series

Byrne's She-Hulk Omnibus

Brubaker's Catwoman Omnibus

Scott Kurtz's PVP (Player vs Player) Awesomology Vol. 2

The Colossal Buscema Conan :P

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

One of the other things mentioned on the old thread was some themed What If? collections. So:

What If? Spider-Man
    Volume 1 - #1 ...Joined the Fantastic Four, #7 ...Radioactive Spider, #19 ...Never Been a Crimefighter, #24 ...Rescued Gwen Stacy, #30 ...Clone Lived, #46 ...Uncle Ben Lived (6 issues)
    Volume 2 - v2 #4 ...Alien Creature, #17 ...Kraven the Hunter Killed Spider-Man, #20-21 ...Spider-Man Had Not Married Mary Jane,#31 ...Had Not Lost His Cosmic Powers, #35 ...Fantastic Five Fought Doom, #42 ...Had Kept His Cosmic Powers , #44 ...Venom Battled the Punisher, #58 ...Punisher Killed Spider-Man, #61 ...Spider-Man's Parents Destroyed His Family, #62 ...Spider-Man Became a Murderer (11 issues)
    Volume 3 - #76 ...Peter Parker Had to Destroy Spider-Man, #78 ...The New Fantastic Four Remained a Team, #82 ...JJJ Adopted Spider-Man, #86 ...Scarlet Spider Had Killed Spider-Man, #88 ...Arachnamorphosis, #99 ...Men Behind the Mask, #105 ...Spider-Girl, v3 #4 ...Aunt May Had Died Instead of Uncle Ben, The Other, Spider-Man vs. Wolverine, Back in Black, Grim Hunt (11 issues)

What If? Hulk
    #2 ...Brain of Bruce Banner, #12 ...Rick Jones Became Hulk, #23 ...Became a Barbarian, #31 ...Wolverine Killed the Hulk, #50 ...Hulk Had Killed Wolverine, #45 ...Went Berserk, v2 #71 ...Spawned a Thousand Hulks, #80 ...Evolved into Maestro, #91 ...The Man, the Monster, v3 #6 ...General Ross Became the Hulk, Planet Hulk, WWH (12 issues)

What If? Captain America
    #4 ...Invaders, #5 ...Hadn't Vanished During WWII, #26 ...Elected President, #38 ...Sharon Carter Had not Died, #44 ...Revived Today, v2 #3 ...Steve Rogers Refused to Give Up, #28 ...Not the Only Super Soldier, #29 ...Formed the Avengers, #51 ...Punisher Became Cap, #67-68 ...Revived Today, #103 ...The Unknown Soldier, American Civil War, Fallen Son (14 issues)

What If? Avengers
    #3 ...Avengers Had Never Been, #9 ...1950s, #20 ...Kree-Skrull War, #25 ...Battled the Gods, #29 ...Defeated Everybody, #32 ...Korvac, #35 ...Yellowjacket Died, #38 ...Scarlet Witch/Vision, v2 #1 ...Evolutionary War, #5 ...Vision, #19 ...Vision, #36 ...Guardians of the Galaxy, #41 ...Avengers Battled Galactus, #55-#56 ...Operation Galactic Storm, #108, Avengers Disassembled, Osborn Assassination (18 issues)

What If? Fantastic Four
    Volume 1 - #1, #6 ...Different Super Powers, #11 ...Bullpen, #21 ...Married the Sub-Mariner, #22 ...Doom Became a Hero, #31 ...Never Been, #36 ...Not Gained Super Powers, #37 Beast/Thing, #42 ...Sub-Mariner Saved Atlantis, #42 ...Invisible Girl Died (10 issues)
    Volume 2 - v2 #11 ...Human Torch, #15 ...Trial of Galactus, #18 ...Battled Doom Before They Got Powers, #22 ...Surfer Hadn't Escaped Earth, #27 ...Namor Joined FF, #30 ...Second Child Lived, #35, #41 ...Avengers Battled Galactus, #52 ...Doom Became Sorceror Supreme, #70 ...Surfer Had Not Betrayed Galactus, #78, #89 ...Fantastic Farce, #109 ...Thing Human Again?, This Was the Fantastic Four?, Coming of Galactus (15 issues)

What If? Daredevil
    #8 ...World Knew He Was Blind, #28 ...Became an Agent of SHIELD, #35 ...Elektra Lived, #38 ...Daredevil 2013, v2 #12 ...Killed Kingpin, #26 ...Punisher Killed Daredevil, #48 ...Saved Nuke, #73 ...Kingpin Owned Daredevil, #83 ...Disciple of Strange, #102 ...Dad Threw the Big Fight (10 issues)

What If? Thor
    #10 ...Jane Found the Hammer, #39 Thor vs. Conan, #47 ...Loki Found the Hammer, v2 #12 ...X-Men Stayed on Asgard, #48 ...Thor/Seth, #66 ...Rogue/Thor, #107 (7 issues)

What If? Iron Man
    #33 ...King Arthur, v2 #8 ...Armor Wars, #53 ...Iron Man 2020, #63 ...War Machine, #64 ...Went Public, #113, Demon in the Armor (6 issues)

What If? Marvel Cosmic
    #14 ...Fury in Space, #15 ...Nova Had Been Other People, #27 ...Phoenix Had Not Died, #32, #33 ...Dazzler Became the Pawn of Galactus, v2 #14 ...Captain Marvel, #15, #22, #31, #32-33, #35-36, #39 ...Watcher Saved Multiverse, #41, #49 ...Infinity Gauntlet, #54 ...Death's Head, #70, #104, Planet Hulk, Annihilation (20 issues)

What If? Wolverine
    #31, v2 #24 ...Lord of the Vampires, #37 ...Vampires, #43 ...Married Mariko, #50, #59 ...Led Alpha Flight, #62 ...Weapon X, #87 ...Sabretooth, #93, #111 ...Horseman of War, Enemy of the State, Spider-Man vs. Wolverine, Wolverine: Father (13 issues)

What If? Marvel Events
    v2 #114 ...Secret Wars, Secret Wars, House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Siege, AvX, AOU (14 issues)

What If? Origins
    #6, #10, #12, #19, #31, #36, #40, #46 ...Dr. Strange, v2 #9 ...Giant-Size X-Men, #10 ...Punisher's Family, Aunt May Had Died (11 issues)

What If? S.H.I.E.L.D.
    #14, #38, v2 #7, #57 ...Punisher Joined SHIELD, Secret Wars (5 issues)

Any other combinations you can think of?

Some have already been mentions but I'll list them again because I REALLY want them to happen...

Omnibus

Busiek's Thunderbolts
    Busiek's Avengers
    Busiek's Astro City
    Dixon's Nightwing
    PAD's Young Justice
    PAD's Supergirl
    Johns' Aquaman
    Image's TMNT series
    Larson's Savage Dragon

Absolute

Superman : For All Seasons
    Superman : Birthright

Spectacular Member

Wildcats
    Gen13
    Cyberforce
    Youngblood/Team Youngblood

Valiant Era Magnus, Solar and Turok

Supreme Omnibus

New Mutants omnibus

Justice Society of America Omnibus

All Star Squadron and Infinity Inc line of deluxes

and duh, the Peter David Hulk omnibuses
    trying to be nicer

Dark Moon Rising - the Deluxe Edition (both Wagner tales)

Batman by Mignola - everything, including cover works. LOTDK issue, Gaslight, Doom, and Master.

Aliens: The Original Series Omnibus
    * Aliens (Volume 1) #1-6
    * Aliens (Volume 2) #1-4
    * Aliens: Earth War #1-4
    With all original character/location names, and Volume 1 restored to black-and-white.

The Batman Adventures
    * Volume 1: #1-12, Mask of the Phantasm
    * Volume 2: #13-24, Annual #1, Mad Love
    * Volume 3: #25-36, Annual #2, Holiday Special

Quantum Leap Chronicles
    * Quantum Leap #1-13

The Shadow: 1973-1975
    * The Shadow (DC Comics) #1-12

Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man
    * Spider-Man #1-14, 16

ShadowHawk Omnibus: Volume 1
    * Same as ShadowHawk Chronicles: Volume 1, but in original color, and with ShadowHawk #0 and Badrock & Company #16 added in proper continuity.

ShadowHawk Omnibus: Volume 2
    * ShadowHawk/Vampirella: Creatures of the Night #1 & 2
    * Images of ShadowHawk #1-3
    * The New ShadowHawk #1-6
    * "Images of Tomorrow" from ShadowHawk Special #1
    * The New ShadowHawk #7
    * ShadowHawks of Legend
    * "Images of Yesterday" from ShadowHawk Special #1
    * ShadowHunt #1
    * Chapel #7
    * Youngblood (Volume 2) #7
    * Team Youngblood #22
    * New Man #4

ShadowHawk Omnibus: Volume 3
    * ShadowHawk One-Shot "Great Responsibility"
    * The Return of ShadowHawk
    * ShadowHawk (Volume 2) #1-15
    * ShadowHawk (Volume 3) #1-5

(As if it's not obvious, I'm a big ShadowHawk fan.)
    Last edited by Michael24; 05-10-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Marvel Omnibus wishlist

- Hulk by Peter David

- X-Factor by Peter David

- Captain America by Mark Gruenwald

- Silver Surfer by Jim Starlin

- Excalibur by Alan Davis

- MiracleMan by "The Original Writer"...

DC Omnibus wishlist

- Swamp Thing by Alan Moore

- Superman by John Byrne

- Wonder Woman by George Perez

- Justice League by Giffen/DeMatteis & Maguire/Huges

- Hitman by Ennis & McCrea

WANTED WANTED WANTED (some I always wanted, others agreed after reading this list):

J.M. DeMattis Spectacular Spider-Man Omnibus
    Tom DeFalco Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 80s edition and 90s edition
    Ann Nocenti Daredevil Omnibus
    Larsen Amazing Spider-Man

IDW - Year One artist edition.

GEOFF DARROW - just new art.

GUILTY PLEASURE - Frank Cho's SHANNA THE SHE-DEVIL: MAX Edition. ---I'll own it. Frank Cho draws hot women. I would like to see his original vision (artistic side) ;P
    Last edited by arosenbarger; 05-10-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forgot a listing

Spectacular Member

Outside the box--I would love some large size Tintin hardcovers and some Druuna collections similar to the Manara collections Dark Horse has done.
    trying to be nicer

I want The Goon omnibuses or the nice library editions that darkhorse puts out. I tweeted darkhorse about this and got a response from their editor in chief Scott allie. He said the trades are still doing well and may do an omnibus someday but nothing imminent. Goon fans unite and let your voices be heard! Scott Allie will respond on twitter.

Spectacular Member

In general, I'd like to see the Omnibus format continue to get more popular. I'd love to have long runs of quite a few titles in them and actually be something that stays in print. I'd think one way they could sell these things in the middle of the run is play up the years the collections cover and high light what stories lie within.

Alan Moore - Swamp Thing Omnibus vol. 1 & vol. 2
    Joker (Batman) - Omnibus Complete Appearances in order from 1st appearance. I'd think two big omnibus collections would get pretty much all of the Joker appearances from Batman 1 through the Bronze age. I'd think this type of format would work well with many of the popular Batman villains.