Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Silver Surfer #2 Spoilers

Dan Slott's script is quite good focusing in interesting aspects like Silver Surfer's history and his interactions with the different characters from the Marvel universe, Slott certainly has a good knowledge about the character and exploits it to tell a pretty vibrant tale. The artwork is of course, beautifully creative, Allred is a master on those terms.

Another great issue from this creative team, I wish we could get more series like this.

Allred's a great artist, and he elevates the writers he works with. So Slott does fantastic writing here.

I love the Never Queen. It's an amazing concept. It's something special, very sweet. I love it. Might be my favourite Abstract Concept ever.

And Dawn's great. The flashback of her and Eve as kids was adorable.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Dawn in this issue really reminds me of Amy Pond in "The Beast Below" episode of Doctor Who.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I am really surprised that there hasn't been more talk about the introduction of a character that is "the paramour of Eternity". This is a series cosmic being that was just introduced.

Another excellent issue. What's not to like? The art is amazing; the characterization is wonderful. I especially enjoy how long each issue takes to read, as each issue so far has been packed full of ideas.

It's been exactly what I hoped it would be, and I love it.

-Pav, who wonders if the Never Queen is related to Mother from Young Avengers...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I don't think the Neverqueen is related to the 'Mother' inter-demensional parasite. The latter wanted to consume realities, the former experiences all possibilities. On the issue itself, I loved the art for the Neverqueen - especially her starry, coffee-stained skin-texture/colour. Only issue I had was the whole 'magic mirror' scene, since its only relevance as a whole was that the Board made itself into one of sorts to communicate with Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Dawn in this issue really reminds me of Amy Pond in "The Beast Below" episode of Doctor Who.
    I think she's really supposed to, yes. I mean, the issue title is a direct Who reference. Personally, I hope Slott takes more cues from classic who and maybe a little Davies, rather than Moffat. The title reference is from a Davies ep after all. But Series 5 Moffat I can stomach.

Great script from Slott. Inverse of the who saves who trope (which is becoming a trope in its own right). Allred, of course, is Allred. I've adored his work for years. It's steadily some of the best artwork coming from... well, anyone, I'd say. Few artists compete. Solid A.

Loved it. Loved the Never Queen - the whole concept and execution. I think I'm going to really like this series.

Quote Originally Posted by mononokifool View Post
    I am really surprised that there hasn't been more talk about the introduction of a character that is "the paramour of Eternity". This is a series cosmic being that was just introduced.
    She was probably my favourite part of the issue. And it was an awesome issue overall, so that's saying something. She'll probably never appear again after this arc, but that's actually pretty OK. Considering she's the representation of wishes, it makes sense for her to be mysterious and elusive. I normally dislike the addition of new cosmic entities, but the Never Queen was handled so well, and is such a beautiful concept, that I accept her.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Have not even read this issue yet and all of you have me SO excited to do so! I am so glad the new series is "Killing it"!

I hope this comic receives multiple awards and last forever! Come on US Postal service, I want my darn book! LOL

Another series I picked up with very little knowledge of the main character (though I liked his appearance in Daredevil) and got hooked from the get-go! I'm loving this ride!

It feels weird hating ASM #1 so much, but loving both issues of Silver Surfer. Really fantastic ongoing and probably my favourite from the All-New Marvel NOW.

BANNED

I was a bit iffy on SS #1 but now I'm completely sold.
    The Doctor Who vibes of Slott mixed with Allred's art are just perfect.

Also digging the power down. I haven't seen that since the Marz run.

BANNED

Hopefully there are copies of this left when I go Saturday to the comic store.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    . Only issue I had was the whole 'magic mirror' scene, since its only relevance as a whole was that the Board made itself into one of sorts to communicate with Dawn
    I am not a fan of how they are treating the board as well. In this iteration the board has it's own personality and he kind of treats it like a dog.