Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I dunno, comic TFs are pretty much given a soul through a mechanism that is probably reproducible. If Doom can reproduce the matrix code, as it was in early G1 comics, aside from the perks that come with it, he can pretty much create robot souls as much as he wants. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure making complex AIs is nothing for Doom, and the technopathy that Buster got from having the matrix in him probably isn't anything Doom couldn't do on his own, but I don't know anything about him coming up with a way to functionally create souls.

Edit: I mean, Megatron doesn't HAVE the Matrix, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be reverse engineered if you got him under a smart enough person's microscope.
    What does a robot "soul" actually buy you, though? I mean, the Matrix allowed the creation of sentience, but one would be hard-pressed to argue that such a thing is required for top-end Marvel folks to create sentience in machines. Tony and Hank have flat-out done it, repeatedly, as have some others. Doom hasn't exactly done it - creating an independent, unique being like those two have, but his high-end Doombots, running copies of his own mind, are sentient enough that others and they themselves often believe that they are the real Doom. When they malfunction, Doom has had to off them himself to take back his position.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

What does a robot "soul" actually buy you, though?
    Mystical currency. The Creation Matrix contains Primus' power, a creator diety who was able to fight, disable, and bind "I've destroyed the universe multiple times" Unicron. It's not just making robots self aware, it's making them "alive" in a very spiritual way (this does come out in narrative repeatedly). This isn't building smart robots; it's Creation on a biblical scale. With someone as capable as Doom, I see no reason he couldn't break that down to mass production of souls. Note that while the Matrix was later retconned into a physical thing that contains the Matrix code in light patterns, the code alone was shown to do the job just fine.

I mean, the Matrix allowed the creation of sentience, but one would be hard-pressed to argue that such a thing is required for top-end Marvel folks to create sentience in machines.
    I acknowledged that, but the matrix doesn't "just" grant sentience, although as a matter of fact, the matrix is actually pretty useful there too because again, we're not just talking about being able to create sentience at all, but being able to mass produce individual sentiences (that is to say, not just a bunch of copies of the same thing, but completely individual minds). I'm sure Doom can create complex AIs and even create many complex AIs; the Matrix is a one-stop solution for granting life and individual minds to entire species-worth of robots. It's the basecode for life, and he should want it for the sake of his own egomania, if nothing else.

I'm not saying Doom grabs the actual Matrix, holds it over his head and declares himself unstoppable like a SatAM villain; I'm saying he could probably figure out the technology from examination of Megatron, put it on his own terms and make it work for him. If nothing else, it would put him on the path to finding the real thing, which uh, does the G1 TF stuff still technically exist in the scope of the Marvel multiverse? I think it does. Not really important anyway.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-03-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

For Doom unlocking the power of Megatron's .001-percenter spark is the bigger prize. Those things could be potential planet-busters if used right.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Horcruxes pretty much save Voldemort here.
    Not if Doom d dumps him into Hell like I mentioned, or in general. Or any other crazy things he could do with magic OR tech.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Honestly, I think existing as a disembodied spirit that can't actually do anything meaningful for some not-very-well-established-length-of-time should qualify as a ten-count. Unless Voldemort has been shown to body jump, and be able to continue fighting after body-jumping, the instant he "dies" or something (but then there's not really any options here even in that case; Megatron is a robot, Mummra is undead, and well I mean, I guess he could try to forcibly body-jack Doom, but I don't think it will end well for him), he's functionally disabled.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-03-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    For Doom unlocking the power of Megatron's .001-percenter spark is the bigger prize. Those things could be potential planet-busters if used right.
    What is the deadliness potential of that? And is that the thing that empowers Megatron?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What is the deadliness potential of that? And is that the thing that empowers Megatron?
    A point one percenter (added a few too many zeroes last post) is an incredibly rare green spark that births a particularly strong Cybertronian. But more importantly, with the correct modifications the Deceptions were able to turn bots with .1 % sparks into "Phase Sixers," giant bots that easily outclass most transformer life.

Megatron is not a phase sixer, but his spark is .1%

A point one percenter (added a few too many zeroes last post) is an incredibly rare green spark that births a particularly strong Cybertronian. But more importantly, with the correct modifications the Deceptions were able to turn bots with .1 % sparks into "Phase Sixers," giant bots that easily outclass most transformer life.

Okay, thanks.

So what can Doom do anyway? Like; what are his abilities? Energy manipulation? Magic? Both?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So what can Doom do anyway? Like; what are his abilities? Energy manipulation? Magic? Both?
    aside from being a genius on par with reed, he's also a high end wizard who was trained by one of the strongest magicians in history. his armor has a lot of scanners, blasters, i think a time machine but that might have changed and has some mystical enchantments. this also could be his armor that was made out of his ex-girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    aside from being a genius on par with reed, he's also a high end wizard who was trained by one of the strongest magicians in history. his armor has a lot of scanners, blasters, i think a time machine but that might have changed and has some mystical enchantments. this also could be his armor that was made out of his ex-girlfriend.
    So he's like; the embodiment of magic-tech. Who's this Wizard he trained under? Strange?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So he's like; the embodiment of magic-tech. Who's this Wizard he trained under? Strange?
    he trained with strange and morgan le fay in exchange for banging her.

Yeah, but there's also like, six or seven phase sixers. And a lot of them are dead-ish (Maybe Overlord, Black Shadow is dead and Killmaster was implied to have undergone the process before Whirl shoved his wand up his...). I think the only one's confirmed alive are Six Shot and Tarn.

Also, there's some implications that IDW Megatron is something else. He seems even more powerful than the phase sixers, wouldn't undergo the process to become one (and you have to be a point one percenter to do it). And we specifically avoid any mention if he was forger or constructed cold. Though that last one might just be thematic reasons, as part of his core philosophy and one of the points he founded the Decepticons on, is that it shouldn't matter. To the point where four million years later the question still makes him angry.

But I assume this is using G1 Cartoon Megatron. Who, within the context of his show, is not shown possessing a spark or any life force granted by the Matrix. Now, that said, G1 toon Cybertronian's pretty obviously have souls, considering Starscream can become a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    which uh, does the G1 TF stuff still technically exist in the scope of the Marvel multiverse? I think it does. Not really important anyway.
    I don't think it happened on 616 Earth, but it should have still happened. Last time I saw an official bio on Death's Head it still mentioned all the stuff with the Doctor and Unicron and whatnot.

but, ya never know, that Godzilla book is still canon, as is Shang Chi's dad being Fu Manchu.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Yeah, but there's also like, six or seven phase sixers. And a lot of them are dead-ish (Maybe Overlord, Black Shadow is dead and Killmaster was implied to have undergone the process before Whirl shoved his wand up his...). I think the only one's confirmed alive are Six Shot and Tarn.

Also, there's some implications that IDW Megatron is something else. He seems even more powerful than the phase sixers, wouldn't undergo the process to become one (and you have to be a point one percenter to do it). And we specifically avoid any mention if he was forger or constructed cold. Though that last one might just be thematic reasons, as part of his core philosophy and one of the points he founded the Decepticons on, is that it shouldn't matter. To the point where four million years later the question still makes him angry.

But I assume this is using G1 Cartoon Megatron. Who, within the context of his show, is not shown possessing a spark or any life force granted by the Matrix. Now, that said, G1 toon Cybertronian's pretty obviously have souls, considering Starscream can become a ghost.
    The wiki says in the synopsis for "Twenty Plus One" (Which I believe is issue 30) that Megatron is a .1 percenter and that he was constructed cold. I don't believe they link to the source of this info (will edit after I check) but TFWiki is perhaps the single most comprehensive wiki on the internet, so I trust it.

Edit: followed a trail, apparently James Roberts confirmed Megs as a .1 percenter in an interview.

At any rate, my point was that (if we're talking IDW G1 and not G1 cartoon) that Doom might be able to probe Megs' databanks for the Phase 6 process, and reverse engineer it into something sinister.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 10-08-2014 at 06:47 PM.