All-New Member

Default Fraggles V. Smurfs

Who would win in a one on one or army on army battle between the Smurfs and the Fraggles. With and without prep and/or with or without magic?

Thoughts?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Smurfs actually had one or two Fighters and a heavy-duty mage.

Fraggles didn't even have someone that was reasonably tough, except maybe Travelling Matt.

And that's not counting the Smurfs' almost Druidic levels of "Getting along with the fauna" while Fraggles were basically afraid of everything.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

One way they win... They feed smurfs the construction equipment of those little Doozers.... or they guide them to the world of the Gorgs and have them eat them.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

the door's buildings were just refined sugar from Radishes. And if you meant the actual equipment, then I wouldn't see why the smurfs would eat it...

Yeah the Fraggles were just paranoid little people in caves.

The Smurfs are a forest community that is darn near druidic, have some bravery, and mother ****ing Papa Smurf.

Spectacular Member

Unless I'm missing something, weren't the Fraggles about knee-high, while the Smurfs were about as tall as someone's index finger? I don't think that the smurfs could overcome that kind of size difference.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, weren't the Fraggles about knee-high, while the Smurfs were about as tall as someone's index finger? I don't think that the smurfs could overcome that kind of size difference.
    Smurfs were often quoted as being "three apples high" - maybe a foot or so tall. The Fraggles might have a size advantage, but not nearly as drastic of one.

And in the magic section, IIRC Baby Smurf would occasionally prove to be a walking plot device capable of some ridiculousness due to 'Baby Magic'. Sort of the Young Gohan/Franklin Richards school of power.

Also, even magicless, Smurfs with prep are nasty. Handy was capable of building the super-strong Clockwork Smurf, (capable of single-handedly wrecking Smurf Village and doing stuff like lifting a metal door that required grown human men to winch it open.) and there's nothing stopping him from making an army of them, given sufficient prep time. Jokey Smurf might as well be called Mad Bomber Smurf, and has been known to mass-produce explosives and make bombs capable of sending grown men flying several hundred feet.

And just be glad the Smurfs don't get to call in allies as part of their prep - they're on speaking terms with Mother Nature and Father Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Knee high? In all the segments of the outdoors world they were maybe the size of mice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Knee high? In all the segments of the outdoors world they were maybe the size of mice.
    If the fraggles were that big the hole into the house where they grab the mail would be big enough for the dog to get in. That would have been nasty business. Mouse size is about right.