Default Your reaction if they rebooted Wolverine and Sabertooth's history?

I've always thought it was a bit strange how in their past they both had similar powers and grew up in the same area even knew each other since they were kids(assuming what I've read online is true). Yet they weren't related so would you be okay if they ret-coned some of their history like made it so Wolverine and Sabertooth met when they were much older like in Wolverine's days as a government operative and make Sabertooth's hatred of Wolverine more understandable like have it that Wolverine did something bad that caused Sabertooth to go nuts. Kind of like Slade Wilson and Oliver Queen from Arrow. Mind you I'm not suggesting Sabertooth be humanized rather I'm suggesting he be fleshed out a bit more and in a way justify his hatred of Logan and would allow his crimes against Logan to reach to depths. Here's an example.

Man that starting picture of of your video there is really creeping me out.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Sabretooth was conceived of as being Wolverine's dad so the "retcon" came from not acknowledging that part to begin with
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I've always thought it was a bit strange how in their past they both had similar powers and grew up in the same area even knew each other since they were kids(assuming what I've read online is true). Yet they weren't related so would you be okay if they ret-coned some of their history like made it so Wolverine and Sabertooth met when they were much older like in Wolverine's days as a government operative and make Sabertooth's hatred of Wolverine more understandable like have it that Wolverine did something bad that caused Sabertooth to go nuts. Kind of like Slade Wilson and Oliver Queen from Arrow. Mind you I'm not suggesting Sabertooth be humanized rather I'm suggesting he be fleshed out a bit more and in a way justify his hatred of Logan and would allow his crimes against Logan to reach to depths. Here's an example.
    Well first of all Sabertooth was originally going to be revealed as Wolverine's father. Unfortunately Marvel was so heavy handed with their hints about this that everyone figured it out before the big reveal. Wanting to shock the fans Marvel quickly changed the story line and had a blood test and Nick Fury reveal that Wolverine and Sabertooth weren't related.

Secondly the internet is wrong they have not known each other since they were kids. That's probably a result of a common mix up that Dog from the original Origins mini was Sabertooth. He was not. Origins II revealed how Logan and Sabertooth ended up hating each other the first time. spoilers:
    Logan ended up killing Sabertooth's brother and this ticked off Sabertooth. But don't worry Creed only hated it because he enjoyed abusing his little brother and his family in general. And he said only he was allowed to kill his little brother. And oh he used to beat him the worst on his birthday.
    end of spoilers

Anyone know how to spoiler tag stuff here?
    Last edited by WeaponX; 10-05-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Well, to be sincere, given that so many ridiculous things had happened through the years, that my reaction would be "sure, why not, whatever."

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Well first of all Sabertooth was originally going to be revealed as Wolverine's father. Unfortunately Marvel was so heavy handed with their hints about this that everyone figured it out before the big reveal. Wanting to shock the fans Marvel quickly changed the story line and had a blood test and Nick Fury reveal that Wolverine and Sabertooth weren't related.

Secondly the internet is wrong they have not known each other since they were kids. That's probably a result of a common mix up that Dog from the original Origins mini was Sabertooth. He was not. Origins II revealed how Logan and Sabertooth ended up hating each other. Logan ended up killing Sabertooth's brother and this ticked off Sabertooth. But don't worry Creed only hated it because he enjoyed abusing his little brother and his family in general. And he said only he was allowed to kill his little brother. And oh he used to beat him the worst on his birthday.

Anyone know how to spoiler tag stuff here?
    Use this [spoil][/ spoil] spoilers:
    like this.
    end of spoilers

They kinda sorta did that, in that First X-Men mini. Wolverine gets a girl Sabretooth loves killed, so he swears revenge.

They've met "for the first time" loads of times because the constant memory wipes, so they both have legitimate reasons for hating each other. They've both been the one to throw the first punch.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Yeah, between memory wipes and retcons if you told me they'd done it for the 13th or 14th time I'd probably just not my head in recognition of the comment but completely disregard it as just the next in a long line of retcons. And in two years when you told me they'd done it again, same thing. My main concern is whether it makes for good comics.

I think when Wolverine is resurrected, he'll be taller and more handsome And Sabretooth will have to be much more imposing, so he'll have a secondary/tertiary mutation that will cause him to become more HULK-like.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

My reaction..."oh, again. Pull out my crayons and color me shocked".

'How many more before they have been retconned more than the Phoenix?'
    Dark does not mean deep.

[QUOTE=WeaponX;574591]Secondly the internet is wrong they have not known each other since they were kids. That's probably a result of a common mix up that Dog from the original Origins mini was Sabertooth. He was not. Origins II revealed how Logan and Sabertooth ended up hating each other the first time. spoilers:
    Logan ended up killing Sabertooth's brother and this ticked off Sabertooth. But don't worry Creed only hated it because he enjoyed abusing his little brother and his family in general. And he said only he was allowed to kill his little brother. And oh he used to beat him the worst on his birthday.
    end of spoilers I think you might be right about that though the information I got as from six years ago here is what was said.

because Sabertooth grew up on wolverine's father's farm as a share cropper, and as kids they were friends, until sabertooth started to show fangs and pointy ears, then his own father chained him up in a cellar, because he thought he had the devil in him, and would come in and beat him everyday, trying to beat the devil out of him, and pulling out his fangs, daily. It really just got to the point where his dad beat all the humanity out of him, then one day he got loose, killed his father, wolverine's father, both their mothers, silver fox and wolverine. But wolverines healing factor saved him, I think silver foxes saved her as well. Then he ran off into the wilderness living like an animal for a good piece of his life. Then the canadian government found him and hired him as a killer, or "cleaner", if you will, alongside wolverine as his partner, then they all got abducted for Weapon X

though I also read this as well which is probably more accurate.

They were never friends and wolverine hates Sabretooth because on Logan's(Wolverine) birthday Sabretooth killed and raped his first true love Silver Fox so just to remind Wolverine he fights him on his birthday buts doesn't kill him even though he can just for the hell of it
    Mind you I was a bit thrown by the first paragraph because I don't understand how to people from the same area and time period can have the same mutation. I mean if they were both descended from a tribe of mutant Native Americans that once lived on that land that would make more sense as it would explain the similarities in their mutations and why they weren't related.
    Last edited by Castiel; 10-05-2014 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Sabretooth was conceived of as being Wolverine's dad so the "retcon" came from not acknowledging that part to begin with
    As mentioned above there is on-panel (back issue) dialog that eluded to just such a relationship which (eventually) was reveled in "Origin: The True Story of Wolverine".
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-05-2014 at 12:11 PM.