Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Not enough room for a scene showing Exodus getting recruited to S.H.I.E.L.D. but plenty of room for a dozen wordless pages of Matt Malloy standing in a crater. 10 people care about Exodus? Bendis, you're the only one who cares about Malloy.

He's putting Colossus in the book? At least he's not ignoring the guy actually mattering to both of those characters.

Looks like Teen Iceman is getting a power upgrade in figuring out he can make ice clones of himself. Good to see Bendis starting to spread around the upgrades to the O5. Not really sure what he could do with Beast or Angel though.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Not enough room for a scene showing Exodus getting recruited to S.H.I.E.L.D. but plenty of room for a dozen wordless pages of Matt Malloy standing in a crater. 10 people care about Exodus? Bendis, you're the only one who cares about Malloy.
    I care more about Malloy than Exodus. And I'm worth at least 5 people.

It would have made a lot of sense if they offered him Wanda to be put on trial for her crimes against mutants, cause the Avengers were never going to do it.

BANNED

Exodus isn't even a mutant, he's a creation of Apocalypse. What does he care about Wanda?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I care more about Malloy than Exodus.
    Seconded. Though I'm only worth 1.5 people...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Exodus isn't even a mutant, he's a creation of Apocalypse. What does he care about Wanda?
    He's a mutant, it's in the first 10 pages of the story you're citing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    "But some things deserve a slow burn, some things are more interesting as a slow burn."

That made me LOL, RME and SMH.
    I'm honestly trying to think of a time Bendis handled a plot as anything other than a 'slow burn'. Hell, even his quick arcs don't feel quick, since it's always this:

Issue 1: Establish villain, establish stakes, initial engagement that goes badly for heroes.
    Issue 2: Heroes return home and aimlessly banter.
    Issue 3: Aimless banter.
    Issue 4: Aimless banter.
    Issue 5: Aimless banter.
    Issue 6: Aimless baoh s*** there was a story to start with wasn't there? Quick, set up a rematch which the heroes win easily without doing much of anything different! Also JOKEZ!

In fairness to the guy, it's nice to see him openly acknowledge that Emma's been marginalized recently, as opposed to blowing it off and insisting it's just fans being paranoid.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

All-New Member

"Of all the characters, he does seem to be the one where if he went full bad guy, people wouldn't be surprised. If he went full good guy, people wouldn't be surprised. "

As a Cyclops fan since the 70s when i read reprints of the original x-men run, the character assassination of Cyclops makes me sad. Bendis' quote is so WTF. Cyclops is the X-men's Captain America. I'm curious how he attributes Cyclop's current characterization steaming from the Paul Smith run. He was barely seen in that run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    "Of all the characters, he does seem to be the one where if he went full bad guy, people wouldn't be surprised. If he went full good guy, people wouldn't be surprised. "

As a Cyclops fan since the 70s when i read reprints of the original x-men run, the character assassination of Cyclops makes me sad. Bendis' quote is so WTF. Cyclops is the X-men's Captain America. I'm curious how he attributes Cyclop's current characterization steaming from the Paul Smith run. He was barely seen in that run.
    Maddie decked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    He's putting Colossus in the book? At least he's not ignoring the guy actually mattering to both of those characters.
    He addressed Colossus, correctly, in All New 18, since then, he was free to never bring him up again. I wish he wasn't showing up again but Bendis wrote a decent Future Colossus so Present Day can't be too bad.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    I'm honestly trying to think of a time Bendis handled a plot as anything other than a 'slow burn'. Hell, even his quick arcs don't feel quick, since it's always this:

Issue 1: Establish villain, establish stakes, initial engagement that goes badly for heroes.
    Issue 2: Heroes return home and aimlessly banter.
    Issue 3: Aimless banter.
    Issue 4: Aimless banter.
    Issue 5: Aimless banter.
    Issue 6: Aimless baoh s*** there was a story to start with wasn't there? Quick, set up a rematch which the heroes win easily without doing much of anything different! Also JOKEZ!

In fairness to the guy, it's nice to see him openly acknowledge that Emma's been marginalized recently, as opposed to blowing it off and insisting it's just fans being paranoid.
    He'll have to address those plots in a relaunch with sales figures slowly burning and Marvel being hesitant to keep a book above 30 issues. I wonder how long till another relaunch. His New Avengers lasted 64 issues then got relaunched and lasted 34 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I care more about Malloy than Exodus. And I'm worth at least 5 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Seconded. Though I'm only worth 1.5 people...
    Disagree. Exodus may look like an overgrown Oompa Loompa but he still has enough history to deserve better than this. Also it's not like the X-Men are overburdened with recurring antagonists at this point, I don't think any other writer will be in a rush to use this Malloy fella once Bendis leaves.

He's always been a fanatic, they would have had to have offered him something very special to get him to help them given his reaction towards a depowered Magneto. For him it was like seeing Jesus at a kegger party.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-30-2014 at 04:07 PM.