Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Although I enjoyed his Avengers stories I was a little skeptical when Bendis took on X-Men. But I've gotta say it's been great so far. Really his two are the only two X-Books I care about currently.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

"But some things deserve a slow burn, some things are more interesting as a slow burn."

That made me LOL, RME and SMH.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Give Cyke omega beams like Darkseid. He'll probably end up with something like the anniversary special.
    Last edited by OpticDreams; 09-30-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Well Tempus' escapade looks to be beautifully drawn, Illyana and Kitty's roadtrip is a go, that's all good. I still want more info on Exodus tho. The "this" SHIELD promised had better be hugely vital to the mutant cause to convince him to work with government types, in the middle of their Sentinel building days.

BANNED

I hope BMB didn't mean self-awareness that breaks the 4th wall (like in BOTA) regarding Emma's future development.

All in all, very funtastic X-pose. He should do it more often.

Exodus better have been offered Wanda Maximoffs head on a silver platter. That's the only reason to matyr himself.

BTW Emma Frost is the Dr. Strange of Bendis run. This isn't going to end well. Not at all.

BANNED

Wow, as a huge Cyclops fan, it pains me to see Marvel portray him as a jackass. Since when can't he hit a bird right in front of his face?

BANNED

This whole Exodus hullabaloo has been funny.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Wow, as a huge Cyclops fan, it pains me to see Marvel portray him as a jackass. Since when can't he hit a bird right in front of his face?
    His toppling-over imbues him with such utter relatability.

Magik gets a power upgrade, Magnetos powers are broken but not to the point where he's useless, Cyclops is getting an upgrade and Frost gets punished for AvX.

Hopefully those crappy White Knight and Carbon Queen (BOTA) alternate realities stay far, far away from Emma.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-30-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Exodus better have been offered Wanda Maximoffs head on a silver platter. That's the only reason to matyr himself.
    I found it a bit ridiculous to think there wasn't space or reason enough to explain why a villain like Exodus and his Z list telepathic henchman would be willingly working with SHIELD and taking lip from Maria Hill. If that's how you choose to deal with continuity issues, Bendis...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Perhaps he was trying NOT to hit the hummingbird. I'm hoping Cyke comes out of Bendis' run alive and with Omega Beam-like control. Well, I'd settle for alive.

So happy to see that Magikitty is definitely a go!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I like Jessica Jones.

But right now, I wish that in some years, she'll appear in a Punisher story as an agent of Secret Empire and Punsiher kills her.
    And when people will ask "why the hell was she in the Secret Empire?", the writer will reply "I had some explanation in mind, but nobody care about Jessica Jones, so I skiped it".

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I found it a bit ridiculous to think there wasn't space or reason enough to explain why a villain like Exodus and his Z list telepathic henchman would be willingly working with SHIELD and taking lip from Maria Hill. If that's how you choose to deal with continuity issues, Bendis...
    That would have added at least one more issue to The Will story. Do you really want that ?

It's strange that there was no space. There were plenty of panels where nothing is happening that were not essential to that narrative. The scene with Maria Hill looking baffled and Iceman whining for example didn't need to be double page spreads.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

A good X-Pos, if I do say so myself. I was a little nervous when it was announced that BMB was taking on the X-Men, but wow, he's blown me away with both Uncanny and All-New (BoTA notwithstanding, but there's plenty of blame to go around for that one). This is the best work he's done in years.

I, too, am afraid for what's going to happen to Cyclops. He's become my favorite character over the last few years (starting during Fraction's run, actually), but I'm afraid editorial's going to do something sh!tty to him. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for Christopher's "Are we the bad guys" crisis, he (and a lot of people) don't really seem to grasp what the X-Men are and what they mean to the world at large. The X-Men, in a word, fight for a represent change: physical change, emotional change and even societal change. The X-Men exist to help the world through this transition from purely homo sapien to mixed to (possibly) purely homo superior. The means by which that transition is brought about is what the entire philosophical roots of the franchise are built on.

The Avengers, however, represent the status quo. They don't want things to change. They think things are good the way they are and fight to maintain that equilibrium. That's not to say they hate mutants or anything like that: it's just that the Avengers and X-Men have polar opposite goals.

So yeah, in my mind, these two teams should be pretty adversarial in nature. And no, opposing the Avengers doesn't make you a "bad guy."

**On a side note, did anyone else think it was interesting that in Magneto #10, Red Skull said he could fix Magneto's powers via telepathy? I always assumed it was a physiological effect of the Phoenix Force. It being a mental issue makes quite the interesting development...assuming Skull wasn't just lying his @$$ off.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."