Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Now there is likely more and if somebody wants he can add to that. It's 6 am here and Im tired so I could have missed something.
    Galerion pretty much has the most of it:

Her speech patterns are formal and with perfect grammar. She does occasionally slip a contraction in from time to time, but very rarely. And that's of course assuming she speaks at all, as she's very sparing with her words and rarely speaks at length.

The one thing Gal missed that's very important with writing her voice is to avoid slang. She doesn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Yeah, I'm disappointed that it isn't a side mini-series or an ongoing. I wonder if this will take place in Uncanny or All New. Neither really works as the obvious choice, hence why I hoped it was a mini-series.
    Maybe Colossus will nearly kill Peter Quill like he did Pete Wisdom!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Bendis may spend a lot of time showing how powerful Jean is but he doesn't spend an equal amount of time showing how utterly useless she is so I don't think the Sentry comparison works.

Neither does Mallory but both thus far have shown beyond godly levels of power under his pen.

Well, the Illyana story definitely sounds interesting, but that's about it for me. I'll believe Emma being something other than background noise when I see it. I'm also waiting to see how the UXM stance is 'justified' to Triage.

I guess that's also confirmation of Bendis as the one directing the franchise as a whole, too. It had already been hinted at widely enough.

It's good that they admit the ambiguous, fence-riding nature of Cyclops, I guess, not that it hasn't been shown clearly in the stories.

Frankly though, his reasoning behind the abysmal pacing is kind of laughable. UXM has gone on for two years already and still has nothing to show for it. No revolution, no change in character dynamics, no change or even explanation of their power wankiness. It's like they're just dancing in place, marking time until the reboot er...big changes next summer.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Okay...so Eva's future is the same one Captain America observed when he was brought back, isn't it? I know most people assumed it was Age of Ultron before the launch of that story, but I think it's pretty clear it wasn't that. Same War of the World machines here.

I cannot wait for this filler Ultimate story in ANX to end. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    I don't care about Exodus, but I think it does matter to the story why a mutant fanatic would essentially sell out his people by working for SHIELD. Those two pages or so were really wonky and unnecessary.
    maybe he came out to check what the new mutant has got and faked his death. Then he will go and recruit that Mallory boy!!!!!

(I would have done so)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Maybe Colossus will nearly kill Peter Quill like he did Pete Wisdom!
    He only gave Pete Wisdom a love tap. Piotr didn't know he had a glass chin. At least Starlord can take a beating and not go into a coma. As for where it'll take place? Uncanny as Cyclops needs mhtants that get stuff done. Colossus=Revolution!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Rachel isn't a significant factor in Bendis' run so it's no big surprise that he doesn't talk about her...did he even mention ANY of the gold side?
    She's significant for the Will Arc considering they kinda need her help a great deal against the new Beyond Omega dude. So if they're gonna talk about recent and near future than Rachel should be mentioned considering her role at least for the next few issues before Cyclops packs up and heads back to his seclusion from his hater club/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Not enough room for a scene showing Exodus getting recruited to S.H.I.E.L.D. but plenty of room for a dozen wordless pages of Matt Malloy standing in a crater. 10 people care about Exodus? Bendis, you're the only one who cares about Malloy.
    I agree with you!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That sneak peek of ANXM #33 kinda shows Teen Bobby using ice clones. Sweet.

Not enough room for a scene showing Exodus getting recruited to S.H.I.E.L.D. but plenty of room for a dozen wordless pages of Matt Malloy standing in a crater. 10 people care about Exodus? Bendis, you're the only one who cares about Malloy.
    Amen. Bendis' certainly has his strengths, but the self-indulgent writing is one of the reasons I won't pay money for his work. He also doesn't get that broad disregard for continuity is just as harmful to company-owned work as wasteful attention to irrelevant minutiae. But as long as people keep paying to watch him spin his wheels, he'll keep doing it, so... *shrug*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Amen. Bendis' certainly has his strengths, but the self-indulgent writing is one of the reasons I won't pay money for his work. He also doesn't get that broad disregard for continuity is just as harmful to company-owned work as wasteful attention to irrelevant minutiae. But as long as people keep paying to watch him spin his wheels, he'll keep doing it, so... *shrug*
    The odd thing is he seems to be aware of what makes the X-Men the X-Men, he just chooses to disregard it so often. I find a lot of writers, mostly Marvel ones for some reason, have too much story written out in their head that they don't realize they have not really gotten it translated to paper the same way they see it. I wonder how meany scenes he leaves out because "not enough people will care to know the why of it" that we are left with these run on stories with no real characterization. Sure, I find a lot of the scenes fun and enjoyable, but as a story both of these runs have been hugely lacking.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I found it a bit ridiculous to think there wasn't space or reason enough to explain why a villain like Exodus and his Z list telepathic henchman would be willingly working with SHIELD and taking lip from Maria Hill. If that's how you choose to deal with continuity issues, Bendis...
    Perhaps he was trying NOT to hit the hummingbird. I'm hoping Cyke comes out of Bendis' run alive and with Omega Beam-like control. Well, I'd settle for alive.

So happy to see that Magikitty is definitely a go!
    Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    I think much more than 10 people care about Exodus... Exodus is one of the most powerfull mutants and he is x-character for 23 years.. He deserved respect and the way he killed him shown no respect. 2 panels and dead really?

All of this is why I just can't with Bendis' work anymore, whether you're a fan of Exodus or not hell of any character or not when you decide to take up a job of writing a franchise there should be a certain level of respect to all the characters and to what came before. Sure some of character will be your favorites others won't just as some stories you'll love and others to relate directly with the X-men but a good writer is able to write any character and connect past interaction with what their during currently to the best of their abilities. And for a long time it seems Marvel puts ANYONE on their most prized franchises, and most of these people don't have anything but the most broad and basic idea of who the X-men are why in the world would you need to not only kill Exodus off but not even explain why in the process of his death he agreed to work for an organization he'd never work for. Especially in a time when the X-men have almost NO, legitimate threats left but oh joy Bendis knows best by using his own creation/plot device that's incredibly overpowered and that no one will remember after his run is over we all now have a great new villain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The odd thing is he seems to be aware of what makes the X-Men the X-Men, he just chooses to disregard it so often. I find a lot of writers, mostly Marvel ones for some reason, have too much story written out in their head that they don't realize they have not really gotten it translated to paper the same way they see it. I wonder how meany scenes he leaves out because "not enough people will care to know the why of it" that we are left with these run on stories with no real characterization. Sure, I find a lot of the scenes fun and enjoyable, but as a story both of these runs have been hugely lacking.
    And this is the worse of it, he actually knows this but chooses to disregard anything that came before him, and sometimes most of what he's wrote during his own run just so that he can tell "great" stories! Anyone has inside information on when his run will be over?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-01-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm curious how he attributes Cyclop's current characterization steaming from the Paul Smith run. He was barely seen in that run.
    I wondered this myself. Paul Smith's run had Cyclops with the X-Men finishing up the Brood saga but he went to Alaska when it was over. During most of Paul Smith's run is the whole "Madelyne: Is She Or Isn't She Jean Grey?" story. Contrary to what BMB was thinking ("Hm. I wonder what's cooking with this guy."), I was thinking at the time "Why doesn't Claremont do more with Cyclops?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    She's significant for the Will Arc considering they kinda need her help a great deal against the new Beyond Omega dude. So if they're gonna talk about recent and near future than Rachel should be mentioned considering her role at least for the next few issues before Cyclops packs up and heads back to his seclusion from his hater club/
    she probably dies off-panel like exodus did against mallory.