Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I usually don't mind change at all, when it's good. But his was quite underwhelming. I actually loved old Lobo, just found him really fun and hilarious. Sometimes it's ok to be that way without trying to make thing serious or give "layers" that just actual make things run of the mill and mundane. I really don't get why they just didn't ignore old Lobo and just introduce new, rather than have the actual Lobo(who will be around after this new one is gone) be some imposter. Just silly

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    I agree. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Out with the old, in with the new.
    Except the new isn't very good at all.

Honestly, of the people who genuinely like the new Lobo, I'd like to hear an explanation of WHAT they like about the character.

The character seen so bland and unremarkable and his voice so unclear (Bunn hasn't decided whether he has an accent or not, whether he uses slang or not, etc), I just can't see a single quality that sets new Lobo apart.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He's a very sexy guy, in looks and personality. His backstory is already interesting, and his of violence is way higher than pretty much all other characters.

All-New Member

I just want to see where the series goes and I want to see more of his backstory.

Mighty Member

I'm no even a fan of old Lobo ( I read one comic book with Lobo, the one with santa claus, it was funny.) but this comic was just bland and boring. The "anti-hero" is so cliché. It's not a bad comic, just a very forgettable one. I'm not disturbed by the aesthetic change in this new lobo, but with the success of comics like Harley quinn or Deadpool, why do they chose to follow such a conventional road ?

I looked through it just to see if it was bad as I thought it would. Yeah it was and even more. I'm not fan of lobo but pretty much the way they have handle fake (New52) Lobo and real (old) Lobo is pretty much how you can describe most of what new 52 has been. Take well liked versions get rid or destroy them. Leaving a boring and lame version. Would have been more interesting to see rivalry go through the book to see who be real lobo. DC goes nope. We continue dumb, boring, lame looking, generic Lobo. Thankfully the pain won't last more then 6 to 12 issues if that. I have a feeling we won't be seeing the last of real lobo either. It's comic. No one stays dead and once this fails eventually the real one will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    He's a very sexy guy, in looks and personality. His backstory is already interesting, and his of violence is way higher than pretty much all other characters.
    Yeah, so different takes then. "Good looking + violence" just really isn't enough to sell me on a new character, let alone a comic. I can get already get my violence fix from Deathstroke while the perceived "sexiness" of a male character really doesn't sway me one way or another. Certainly, I don't really see either quality as enough to distinguish nu Lobo as a unique and compelling character. So far, the background seems run of the mill as well, though that might change. Or maybe not, given that this is a character created by editorial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    Yeah, so different takes then. "Good looking + violence" just really isn't enough to sell me on a new character, let alone a comic. I can get already get my violence fix from Deathstroke while the perceived "sexiness" of a male character really doesn't sway me one way or another. Certainly, I don't really see either quality as enough to distinguish nu Lobo as a unique and compelling character. So far, the background seems run of the mill as well, though that might change. Or maybe not, given that this is a character created by editorial.
    As opposed to characters created by the janitorial staff.

BANNED

Honestly, of the people who genuinely like the new Lobo, I'd like to hear an explanation of WHAT they like about the character.

The character seen so bland and unremarkable and his voice so unclear (Bunn hasn't decided whether he has an accent or not, whether he uses slang or not, etc), I just can't see a single quality that sets new Lobo apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    What Kuwagaton said, plus I've enjoyed his appearances in Supergirl and JLU. Lobo has much more potential than the old-Lobo, since he actually can evolve as a character

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    What Kuwagaton said, plus I've enjoyed his appearances in Supergirl and JLU. Lobo has much more potential than the old-Lobo, since he actually can evolve as a character
    Bold pretty much, he works really good when he's tormenting supergirl

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, SG and JLU were fun.

There's a lot of potential as he basically all-new. My favorite character is Superman but the best they do with a character like that is take him through familiar motions.

Well, haha, I did list other things. As I said, the appeal isn't all the designs, it's that his personality is a combination of matching that look and just being really brutal. Maybe Deathstroke's book will have a few things in common when it comes out, but given that he's mainly dealing with humanoids and not human characters, I think Lobo will have more leg room in terms of interaction. He just cut like a dozen dudes in half.

I don't know what's bland and unremarkable about the guy who is the only guy in the history of the universe to totally kill the old, unkillable Lobo. Yeah, he may come back from a drop of blood or whatever in the distant future when they decide they want some shock value in a story, but that's total speculation at this point. I love his confidence, his look, and the fact that his stories can take place anywhere in the DC universe. I love the fact that he's pretty much the baddest bad-ass there is, and the fact that he's brand new and can evolve. I like that he doesn't kill dogs.

I love the ultra violence and I love space stories and so far, his space stories have been really fun, and I can't wait for him to go after the other assassins and the ultra violent action that will ensue.

This Lobo is awesome and I want more.

Any more questions?
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    As opposed to characters created by the janitorial staff.
    I didn't realize that DC has had the likes of Keith Giffen, Alan Grant, and Simon Bisley working as janitors. Amazing!

I really don't care who created him, and why in the world should I?

I applaud whoever did, however. Great job!
    WHO DAT?!!

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    I dunno. How long does the average Non-Bats/Supes comics last in the current DCU nowadays?
    8 issues at best
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!