Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default CDC confirms Ebola in the U.S.A.

the patient zero is a person from Liberia that has been on US territory for several days before diagnosis

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...la-in-the-u-s/

its happening!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, if anything, I'm surprised it took this long for a carrier to reach the States. Anyone who thought we were safe from Ebola because it was running rampant thousands of miles away in Africa when a plane can bring that nightmare to our shores in just a few hours is not only naive but delusional.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Let the zombie apocalypse begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    its happening!
    Yes one man is sick, so whatever "It' is is happening.

Ebola is not one of the diseases that is likely to casue mass destruction in the parts of the world with funtioning mediciucal systems, Smallpox, Plauge (which will most likely kill more Americans thei year than Ebola) of the nightmarish idea the H1NI flu returns in ins 1918/19 form and kills by the tens of millions.

A little perspective might be appropriate Ebola is bad but it is not one of the really scary diseases

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, at least it isn't the Green Flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post

Ebola is not one of the diseases that is likely to casue mass destruction in the parts of the world with funtioning mediciucal systems, Smallpox, Plauge (which will most likely kill more Americans thei year than Ebola) of the nightmarish idea the H1NI flu returns in ins 1918/19 form and kills by the tens of millions.

A little perspective might be appropriate Ebola is bad but it is not one of the really scary diseases
    I was meming though...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post

With the way idiots overuse antibiotics and such and keep spawning harder and harder to kill germs sooner or latter we are going to get another monster flu outbreak, and it is going to be bad. It is not a matter of IF it will happen it is just a matter of WHEN it happens and how many are going to die.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With the way idiots overuse antibiotics and such and keep spawning harder and harder to kill germs sooner or latter we are going to get another monster flu outbreak, and it is going to be bad. It is not a matter of IF it will happen it is just a matter of WHEN it happens and how many are going to die.
    That's why I live in a bubble and avoid human contact.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Astonishing Member

Shit, my family is in Dallas.

It is just someone who brought it back. He has been visiting Africa and recently returned. He did not get it here. Story is overblown.

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Same here. This is pretty scary.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Anti-biotics use has ZERo effect on the flu. The flu is a virus and virus ignore anti-bionics which only work on bacteria

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Same here. This is pretty scary.
    It's contracted through direct fluid contact. So while some concern is natural, the likelihood of your family contracting it is pretty low. There's no real reason to be freaked out unless you've been in direct contact with someone in the infectious phase.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I know that, it's just a little surreal to know this is happening so close to home.