View Poll Results: What do you think about this theory?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Um, no, it's stupid

0 0%
  • Maybe...

4 57.14%
  • Yes, I believe!

2 28.57%
  • Frankencastle was awesome!

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member

Default Weirdly Obvious Axis Theory: Will Rick Remender Return to Weirdness?

I was looking up theories about the Axis event last night because that's what I do when it's midnight and I have to get up for work at 7am when I came across this lovely little theory:

http://multiversitycomics.com/news/u...is-9-spoilers/

So, when I first read it, I thought it was pretty stupid, but now I'm not so sure. Let's remember, when Dr.Voodoo was cancelled, there was a little bit of talk about Marvel maybe either letting Remender go due to Dr.Voodoo's failure to sell and the little fiasco with Punisher. It was Uncanny X-Force that catapulted him to greater success within Marvel, and the early weirdness of his career is more of a footnote and something to be remembered when we read his lovely indie and non-Marvel work.

However, we also know Remender is still a little sore over some fan reaction to his Punisher. Now, we also know that he is using Jack O'Lantern in Axis, a villain he'll be bringing over from his work on Venom. And while we know he probably won't be exploring FrankenCastle anytime soon-though I loved the story and wish he would because PUNISHERWITHDRAGONKILLINGNAZIS!-but the inclusion of Jack O'Lantern does hint that he sees this event as his chance to bring back some of his earlier, um, what would you call it? Weirdness?

I don't know, but looking at some of the blacked-out images, the person clearly has some sort of stick or something that sticks out. What do you guys think?

It's an interesting theory. There's always the answer that it could be Xavier or Magneto. If anything, the inversion is to me the callback to his earlier "weirdness" as you put it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    It's an interesting theory. There's always the answer that it could be Xavier or Magneto. If anything, the inversion is to me the callback to his earlier "weirdness" as you put it.
    You see, that's what I thought, until I really looked at that image. The cloak is tattered, which is one thing, but then it clearly has someone holding a staff or something. Neither Xavier or Magneto use a staff, and who else uses a staff?

It just seems a bit out there. Too out there but if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Although if true what a boost to the character though. One that needs one at that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    It just seems a bit out there. Too out there but if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Although if true what a boost to the character though. One that needs one at that.
    Oh, I agree, it's weird and makes little sense story-wise, especially since the rest of Axis does some have some basis in what's been going on in Marvel recently.

HELL YES! I hope this is true! I loved that particular series(trying not to spoil anything) but if it is, I eagerly await said characters return.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Man, I hope this results in an ongoing for "said character". I've never liked Remender's other work that much, but that series ended way too soon.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Man, I hope this results in an ongoing for "said character". I've never liked Remender's other work that much, but that series ended way too soon.
    Lots of series end too quickly, but then they freaking killed Voodoo for no real reason.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Let's remember, when Dr.Voodoo was cancelled, there was a little bit of talk about Marvel maybe either letting Remender go due to Dr.Voodoo's failure to sell and the little fiasco with Punisher. It was Uncanny X-Force that catapulted him to greater success within Marvel, and the early weirdness of his career is more of a footnote and something to be remembered when we read his lovely indie and non-Marvel work.

However, we also know Remender is still a little sore over some fan reaction to his Punisher.
    The bolded make no sense at at all. Frankencastle was pretty well-received, all things considered.

Can you link to something about Remender not getting more work because of Dr. Voodoo? I don't remember that at all and it seems kind of insane. Who on Earth would expect a Dr. Voodoo book to sell and then, furthermore, penalize a rising star when it doesn't?

BANNED

While I'm not a fan of Remender's and don't see why even if Voodoo (Doctor or Brother) were the big bad or the eventual savior in the storyline they'd need to black him out because I'd imagine 99% of the comic-buying public couldn't care less about him at this moment (hopefully his involvement could change that), I hate seeing characters killed off and would rather they were just shunted off to limbo so other writers didn't have to come up with elaborate resurrections anytime they want to write a story involving them. So good on Remender if he's bringing him back. So long as he's not inverted to be Doctor Strange's nemesis or something silly like that.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure what the theory is, but Remender likes to connect everything he has written so I would not be surprised if anything he wrote gets squeezed into something in the future.

As for the blacked out character, or more importantly why, because this is Marvel and they can spoil a million things because it sells but sometimes making it seem like there is a big mystery is worth more buzz then the reveal itself.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

FrankenCastle is the second worse thing ever thought of.

Right under Sentry.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You see, that's what I thought, until I really looked at that image. The cloak is tattered, which is one thing, but then it clearly has someone holding a staff or something. Neither Xavier or Magneto use a staff, and who else uses a staff?
    Could possibly be Wiccan, right next to his mom.

Extraordinary Member

I just brought the preview thingy...

All I can say is, I spent a few minutes just laughing, and yes, the figure is pretty clear, there's a skull, a tattered red cape, and lots of white lines on black.

I'm as excited as I was when Obito turned out to be Tobi in Naruto. Oh, the vindication! I'm putting that little preview thingy in my special drawer beside my first issues of FrankenCastle, the last issue of JiM, and my Morbius issues. It's beautiful!

It's a clever theory; I think it could be true, but I won't say for sure! It's funny, because I thought the blacked out character was unworthy Thor, but only now do I realize unworthy Thor is right there in the corner! Wow, I'm stupid...