Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I quite like the winged-egg helmet!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Well, the first issue was quite promising, but still a little too soon to say if it's good enough to stick with it in the longer haul. Have to see more of the new Thor first and the premise behind her.

I still haven't picked up my issues yet, but in general, I'm also annoyed (pissed? frustrated? exasperated?) with what these writers I admire are saying about characters like Cap, Thor, etc. Want to make Falcon the new Captain America? Great. Want to try something new on Thor? More power to you. But I have a very hard time believing a) these characters were worth changing after the banality that was Fear Itself, AvsX and Original Sin; b) that the writers all coincidentally had the same idea independently of each other and their editors; c) every word out of Alsonso's mouth when he says these changes are long term or a new direction. Um, no? I know this is all salesmanship because there's no way we lose A-List characters with so much on the line in the MCU. And really, anyone who thinks the MCU isn't dictating story direction is not paying attention (or I'm just a comics conspiracy nut). Take Remender's "Winter Soldier" mini, which should've been folded as an arc in his Cap -- to better explain the damn plot -- but was rolled out as a mini to capitalize on the film that was coming out. And Falcon becomes Cap just as Winter Soldier arrives on DVD.

Original Sin -- features characters they knew were appearing in a big summer movie (and if they knew how big it would be, Rocket would be wielding Mjolnir right now) and B-listers about to get their own films: Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther (OK, Panther is not a b-lister, but still, where's his damn ongoing already!). Don't tell me the MCU isn't dictating story arcs!

Thor? As much as Aaron professes love for Thor's history (and I don't doubt that), Malekith is the villain just in time for the movie? (And that was Aaron's worst arc. That Malekith will still be a factor is amazing.)

I can't help but feel these ideas are not just springing forth from the minds of these writers who love telling us how much they love playing the long game -- when the long game apparently align so nicely with movies, DVD releases, etc. And honestly, who doesn't believe the status quo -- or something like it -- will return in time for the next Avengers film?

What I'd love is some transparency and that readers are treated fairly: Admit Marvel is trying to align it's universes; admit that these gimmicks are what it means to be Cap (which Brubaker already did with Bucky, but anyway) or what it means to be Thor; and that in no way will MArvel suddenly erase 70 years of marketing and licensing deals on new versions of their cash cows. Please!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deason View Post
    piqued

it's going to
    Kudos and thanks for making the corrections. This is literally the first time I've seen this happen in a news article on this site.

In previous articles we have, for instance, Stan Lee not being "phased" about something, Joe Quesada as EIC of "DC" Comics and mention of famed horror writer Robert "Block".
    Last edited by Deason; 10-01-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    Original Sin -- features characters they knew were appearing in a big summer movie (and if they knew how big it would be, Rocket would be wielding Mjolnir right now) and B-listers about to get their own films: Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther (OK, Panther is not a b-lister, but still, where's his damn ongoing already!). Don't tell me the MCU isn't dictating story arcs!
    And Emma Frost.