View Poll Results: An Illuminati group would help in a franchise shift?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • It'd give sense to the whole franchise

5 31.25%
  • It would give focus, but the franchise would remain constant

4 25.00%
  • it wouldn't make any difference

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X men Illuminati

I've been checking the thread about people wanting the whole x franchise to focus shift. The core of the discussion is mostly that cyclops gets too much focus and he's the only one giving direction in his book while the rest of the books are doing stuff or arrrhateing cyclops or telling amazing stories. Some people miss the 90's when the X men were a big family, others miss the utopia days because everyone was in the same page and following a common goal (survival) but what some people want in common is that every team has the same relevance, and the only way would be working again for a common goal or following a similar agenda.

I think a good idea would be to create the X men illuminati alike group were all X teams can coordinate actions against common foes, exchange relevant information of developments and findings during their missions and coordinate common goal and share an agenda altogether. The group would be secret and only known to the members themselves, I propose the next people as members:

-Cyclops (he has his own school, he's cyclops)
    -Magneto (He's friggin magneto)
    -Cable (Runs x force)
    -Polaris (X factor)
    -Rachel (JGS)
    -Psylocke (JGS, adjectiveless and x force)
    -Emma frost (she would have found out eventually)
    -Storm (if she promises not to tell the avengers, I was reluctant to put her there so I ask her fans to stand for her because I won't)
    -Jean Grey (young version, representing a time displaced team that puts in risk the fabric of reality itself, and also because she is jean grey)

I'm reluctant to put havok and beast because they tend to side with the avengers and those guys might have issues with mutants forming their own illuminati group. Feel free to discuss my choices and propose more members

Amazing Member

No Avengers, screw them.

I can't see them without Exodus (although he is maybe too noble for this) and Mystique (depending on the author). It miss a New Morlocks things (but I don't see either Callisto or Marrow doing the job, so nothing usable for now).

We saw something close to it in X-Force, with Cable consulting Magneto, Lorna, Cyclops and Mystique about MeMe.

BANNED

I don't think the concept of the Illuminati really works with one individual group. All would be in the x-world is another X-Team.

I would say the Weldon Astonishing Team or Extinction Team was the closest thing the X-Franchise would get to Illuminati.

Not really the Illuminati if everyone knows about it.

Fraction did a vague Illuminati but it never really played out. It was just the team leaders of each division.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I like the idea of an elite group of mutants working between their teams to have goals of mutant progression. I'd like the team to be kept small (about 5-6 members).
    Cyclops for the Revolution
    Magneto cuz he's Magneto
    Polaris seems to have an interest in mutant supremacy and she could maybe use some of Serval's resources
    Abigail Brand for external support and SWORD's resources
    Cable for X-Force
    Emma Frost because she'd find out eventually

I didn't include Storm because I think her views would clash with basically all of the others. I do think she would side with them over Havok and Beast though.

Gambit - He is the King of World Thieves Guild.
    Wisdom
    Resurrected Xavier.
    Namor
    And I would add Legion but he is as dead as his father.

Amazing Member

I could only see it not just being yet another x-team if the members were really at odds with each other.
    Cyclops - Revolutionary Leader
    Beast - Hates Cyclops, JGS faculty
    Havok - Hates the whole mutant segregation thing, and would be against the very illuminati concept
    Cable - At odds with his uncle, fighting for the mutant species as a whole
    Magneto - Mutant supremicist, former pillar of half the mutant community
    Mystique - The Namor of the group, nobody trusts her but she has enough influence she can't be ignored
    And posssssibly
    Polaris - Representing mutants as government and private interests. Could lead to great moments with Havok and Magneto.

I mean, really, things would have to be bad for this group to come together...

Edit : ooh, I like the Agent Brand idea. I second that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I like the idea of an elite group of mutants working between their teams to have goals of mutant progression. I'd like the team to be kept small (about 5-6 members).
    Magneto cuz he's Magneto
    Polaris seems to have an interest in mutant supremacy and she could maybe use some of Serval's resources
    Cable for X-Force

I didn't include Storm because I think her views would clash with basically all of the others. I do think she would side with them over Havok and Beast though.
    Storm is going to do wat she feels is right. The person doesn't matter.b

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I've been checking the thread about people wanting the whole x franchise to focus shift. The core of the discussion is mostly that cyclops gets too much focus and he's the only one giving direction in his book while the rest of the books are doing stuff or arrrhateing cyclops or telling amazing stories. Some people miss the 90's when the X men were a big family, others miss the utopia days because everyone was in the same page and following a common goal (survival) but what some people want in common is that every team has the same relevance, and the only way would be working again for a common goal or following a similar agenda.

I think a good idea would be to create the X men illuminati alike group were all X teams can coordinate actions against common foes, exchange relevant information of developments and findings during their missions and coordinate common goal and share an agenda altogether. The group would be secret and only known to the members themselves, I propose the next people as members:

-Cyclops (he has his own school, he's cyclops)
    -Magneto (He's friggin magneto)
    -Cable (Runs x force)
    -Polaris (X factor)
    -Rachel (JGS)
    -Psylocke (JGS, adjectiveless and x force)
    -Emma frost (she would have found out eventually)
    -Storm (if she promises not to tell the avengers, I was reluctant to put her there so I ask her fans to stand for her because I won't)
    -Jean Grey (young version, representing a time displaced team that puts in risk the fabric of reality itself, and also because she is jean grey)

I'm reluctant to put havok and beast because they tend to side with the avengers and those guys might have issues with mutants forming their own illuminati group. Feel free to discuss my choices and propose more members
    Good list.
    I don't think Rachel would be one it though.
    I can see Betsy going behind Ororo's back and her not knowing anything about it.
    But on the other hand there's a part of Storm that would relish being on such a group. So hard to know how she'd react to such a team.
    None of the Original 5 should be part of such a team. Maybe (and it's a big maybe) Kitty would eventually find out and begrudgingly join to stay in the knowhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Undoniel View Post
    No Avengers, screw them.

I can't see them without Exodus (although he is maybe too noble for this) and Mystique (depending on the author). It miss a New Morlocks things (but I don't see either Callisto or Marrow doing the job, so nothing usable for now).

We saw something close to it in X-Force, with Cable consulting Magneto, Lorna, Cyclops and Mystique about MeMe.
    You should read Uncanny X-Men #26 for the latest news on Exodus.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Magneto cuz he's Magneto
    Cable for X-Force

Um, since when?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Um, since when?
    Since, like her father, she survived genocide at the hands of humans.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm is going to do wat she feels is right. The person doesn't matter.b
    I could have worded that better. I mean that given the issues each group is likely to champion, I can see Storm siding with the X-Group.

Since, like her father, she survived genocide at the hands of humans.

I could have worded that better. I mean that given the issues each group is likely to champion, I can see Storm siding with the X-Group.
    It may just be me, but she doesn't appear to be spouting Mutant Supremacy propaganda in that scan. She seems to be disagreeing with Xavier's dream but not agreeing with Magneto's goal either.

Cyclops, Cable, Magneto, Beast & Storm would be my preferred X-Men Illuminati

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Good list.
    I don't think Rachel would be one it though.
    I can see Betsy going behind Ororo's back and her not knowing anything about it.
    But on the other hand there's a part of Storm that would relish being on such a group. So hard to know how she'd react to such a team.
    None of the Original 5 should be part of such a team. Maybe (and it's a big maybe) Kitty would eventually find out and begrudgingly join to stay in the knowhow.

You should read Uncanny X-Men #26 for the latest news on Exodus.
    I just read it and found it lacking luster...