Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Futures End 2 Preview

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comic...reen-arrow/#/4

A few points of interest:

--The first preview page is apparently first page of the book, because it starts , in Azzarello style, with dialogue carried over from a previous page--Mr. Terrific talking about all "you" (presumably, all the superheroes gathered for GA's funeral) being like fish in a barrel. What this says about Mr. Terrific will depend on context, but if it;s as sinister in context as it sounds out of context, it will fuel my speculation that Mr. Terrific is really Terry Sloan in disguise (or that Terry has somehow taken over Michael's body). In DCU Presents #0, Terry says he plans to take Mr. Terrific's life; maybe he really meant he was going to take his identity. Terry would be a more likely mastermind behind the rise of Brother Eye and the OMACs.

(ETA--the first preview page is page 6, according to the caption.)

--We get a little clarity on what caused the war, as Animal Man mentions that Apokolips chased the survivors of another earth (obviously Earth 2) to this earth. It sounds like "the war" proper might have been the two earths united against Apoklips, because Animal Man says that it was after the war that the differences between earths threatened to divide their people.

--I wonder if Lemire wrote Animal Man's eulogy for Ollie. I think this scene is part of the Firestorm storyline that Jurgens (I believe) is writing, but it seems to draw on Lemire's plans for Justice League United. Have we seen yet that Animal Man doesn't like Green Arrow? Apparently he starts out disliking him, but they become good friends. The mention of Green Arrow "uniting" the people of Prime Earth and Earth 2 seems to give a possible new meaning to "Justice League United." I wonder if the apparently dead Connor Hawke has something to do with Green Arrow's unifying role. Maybe they had some connection across the worlds, and this led Green Arrow to sympathize more with the Earth 2 refugees than others on Prime Earth did.

--Metamorpho is hanging out with some New 52 original Justice League members, or versions of them (Wonder Woman, the Masked Superman,Flash, Cyborg) plus a grown-up Vibe. And is that an "R" logo, like a Robin's, on Flash's chest? If so, there's another Flash who still has the lightning bolt, on the previous page.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-12-2014 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

I always dig Frank Miller's "Soldier" title for "Robins" getting referenced in dialogue. Oh man is this preview delicious for Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow run, now we know he will go bankrupt, rebuild his forturne and become a social activist crusader. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    --I wonder if Lemire wrote Animal Man's eulogy for Ollie. I think this scene is part of the Firestorm storyline that Jurgens (I believe) is writing, but it seems to draw on Lemire's plans for Justice League United.
    I doubt the split between who writes what is that cut and dry, especially when everything sort of just crosses over into one big scene like that. I'd bet Lemire wrote this section for the reasons you noted.

BANNED

http://latimesherocomplex.files.word...esend2p7-8.jpg

Who is the person with the American flag as a cape? Upper left corner next to Deadman & Wonder Woman. Also Aquaman has a more greenish costume. Blue Beetle hit the gym, or that's Ted Kord? :b

Astonishing Member

Sorry I seem to have started this thread about simultaneously with Rakzo's. Can a mod combine them? Thanks.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-12-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Sorry I seem to have started this thread about simultaneously with Razko's. Can a mod combine them? Thanks.
    No need to apologize, this happens all the time.

As I said in the other thread, there are a lot of upcoming stories being teased here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    http://latimesherocomplex.files.word...esend2p7-8.jpg

Who is the person with the American flag as a cape? Upper left corner next to Deadman & Wonder Woman. Also Aquaman has a more greenish costume. Blue Beetle hit the gym, or that's Ted Kord? :b
    The guy with the American flag cape looks like Ghost Soldier.

Man, I can't wait for this!

This title is so much better than I thought it would be.
    WHO DAT?!!

This gets better and better.

This makes certain that Earth 2 will be destroyed(Earth 2: world's end weekly kinda hinted at that) and some people will move to earth 1..This looks better with each issue as others have said

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoniac View Post
    This makes certain that Earth 2 will be destroyed(Earth 2: world's end weekly kinda hinted at that) and some people will move to earth 1..This looks better with each issue as others have said
    I really hope this doesn't happen since Earth 2's characters should remain on their own universe because that gives them their own identity.

Plus, Prime Earth is already too crowded, they already need to get rid of the Wildstorm characters.

Amazing Member

Yay Steve Trevor is still alive...and wearing his armor to a funeral lol. And wow I totally thought Aquaman was booster gold until I zoomed in. Also is that Black Orchid next to Vibe? That back looks pretty wide for a woman...male successor maybe? Then again she can change her appearance...

Anyways nice eulogy. And more information about this war with Earth 2 is always appreciated. Still can't tell if the war was against the surviving humans or against the forces of Apokolips. Looks more likely to be the latter with there still being alot of friction between the human counterparts.
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 05-12-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Looks good. a couple interesting things revealed, as some others have pointed out. Also, I find it interesting that Superman (if that's really him) is already wearing the mask... hm... and did they fix Raven's costume?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I really hope this doesn't happen since Earth 2's characters should remain on their own universe because that gives them their own identity.

Plus, Prime Earth is already too crowded, they already need to get rid of the Wildstorm characters.
    I think it's going to have happened, but it may be undone, either by retcon or by the Earth 2 characters (and maybe some others, such as Wildstom characters and other leads of Futures End) leading an emigration back to what's left of Earth 2 or to a new Earth ("Heroes Reborn" style, perhaps).

I know it's wild speculation, but new or refurbished Earth mixing Earth 2, Wildstorm and some Dark and Edge characters might not be a bad thing. Picture a new Authority with Dr. Fate (who Mmght be John Constantine) as the Doctor and Kendra in place of the Authority's winged woman. And picture a whole line of dark,edgy comics on their own world, with Prime Earth lightening up a little as a result.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-12-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Preview looks good, and I don't see Earth 2 ending. All that world building just so it can be destroyed and a few characters to go to Prime Earth sounds pointless.