Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Was that ever wrapped up? I loved Dawn and Boston together, and have been hoping she'd make another appearance. Granted, there's not really time for things like characterization when you're constantly entangled in crossovers...
    As far as I know, it was just dropped after that issue. It may have been handled in Hawk and Dove, but I didn't read that series.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    As far as I know, it was just dropped after that issue. It may have been handled in Hawk and Dove, but I didn't read that series.
    You're lucky. I've blocked most of it out, but I'm pretty sure the Boston/Dawn relationship was ignored over there as well...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With the departure of Frankenstein and Black Orchid the team needs a few more members. I would love to see someone like Blue Devil, Nightshade, or Ragman join up for a bit.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I would like to see Extrano, Nightmaster, and Claw join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With the departure of Frankenstein and Black Orchid the team needs a few more members. I would love to see someone like Blue Devil, Nightshade, or Ragman join up for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tula's boyfriend View Post
    I would like to see Extrano, Nightmaster, and Claw join the team.
    Both great ideas!

I know I'm ready for some new blood in the series now that the Blight arc is over, and it's sort of a new beginning.
    WHO DAT?!!

Spectacular Member

This for me too, i was ready to drop it but love it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It was exactly the opposite for me. I tried Milligan's issue #1 and it did nothing for me so I dropped the book until Lemire took over and once he did, I really enjoyed it. The additions of Black Orchid, Frankenstein, and Amethyst helped to lure me in. The Nick Necro/Felix Faust storyline was probably my favorite arc.

Incredible Member

After reading JLDark for the first time during Trinity War, I picked up Vol 1, 2, 3.

SO AWESOME. Constantine/Zatanna are just so fun. Janin's art was great as well.

Waiting patiently for the next trade, though I hear Blight was so-so. Is it worth reading or should I just get back on with the new arc?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    After reading JLDark for the first time during Trinity War, I picked up Vol 1, 2, 3.

SO AWESOME. Constantine/Zatanna are just so fun. Janin's art was great as well.

Waiting patiently for the next trade, though I hear Blight was so-so. Is it worth reading or should I just get back on with the new arc?

The Blight crossover was much better than I anticipated it to be. I highly recommend it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

You're lucky. I've blocked most of it out, but I'm pretty sure the Boston/Dawn relationship was ignored over there as well...
    The Deadman/Dove relationship is spotlighted in an issue of Hawk and Dove (maybe issue 4 or 5?), and I believe one of them leaves the others. I don't recall the specifics, but they definitely broke it off.

Amazing Member

Was that ever wrapped up? I loved Dawn and Boston together, and have been hoping she'd make another appearance. Granted, there's not really time for things like characterization when you're constantly entangled in crossovers...
    The Dove romance is pretty dead. I'd guess editorial decided Dove had no place in a supernatural book, despite her powers being magic-based and the short-lived H&D new 52 series being full of ritual cultists. Instead, there have been some romantic overtones between Deadman and Xanadu.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    The Deadman/Dove relationship is spotlighted in an issue of Hawk and Dove (maybe issue 4 or 5?), and I believe one of them leaves the others. I don't recall the specifics, but they definitely broke it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
    The Dove romance is pretty dead. I'd guess editorial decided Dove had no place in a supernatural book, despite her powers being magic-based and the short-lived H&D new 52 series being full of ritual cultists. Instead, there have been some romantic overtones between Deadman and Xanadu.
    Ok, good to know. Maybe someday when I have absolutely nothing better to do, I'll pull out Liefeld's H&D and refresh my memory...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I dropped this title at #30. I never really got into much. I don't care for John Constantine. This book for me was way overrated.

Ok, good to know. Maybe someday when I have absolutely nothing better to do, I'll pull out Liefeld's H&D and refresh my memory...
    Well, if nothing else it's a quick read.

Sterling Gates is a good writer, so it's not a total waste.