Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
This book....just wow.

Odin not being able to lift Mjolnir is honestly one of the dumbest moments in recent history. It makes absolutely no sense, he enchanted the hammer and has absolute control over it as shown as recently as Fear Itself.

I know he's depressed and doesn't have Mjolnir but why is he suddenly useless and so much weaker? How are any Frost Giants able to restrain him? How is Malekith able to just cut his arm off?

This doesn't even make any sense in the context of Jason's own run, heck Thor's already beat up Malekith without Mjolnir under his pen. I know that his Thor has shown that his dials go from 1 to 11 depending on his mentality but even Young Thor was far more effective.

And we lost the God of Thunder series for this? Thor beaten and humiliated just to introduce a new character?

People wonder why so many long time fans were pissed about this change. It has nothing to do with the new God of Thunder being female. Conan could have picked up the hammer and all the complaints would remain.

One of the best runs on the character is canceled and he gets sidelined in his own book. He loses his hammer because of a whisper (Which still makes no sense as Mjolnir does not define worthiness on what you think about yourself). Now he's apparently depressed and useless and loses his arm. Heck, this new character even steals his name.....

Man, I want to be optimistic but anyone who thinks long time fans don't have a reason to be really upset about this need to imagine such changes applying to their favorite. I hope the sales on this tank and it crashes and burns. I'm not against new things and changes, but I am against poorly planned plots because of PC crap.
THISS!!!! Thank you for sharing your sentiment! I can't believe whats happening its an abomination!