Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Thor #1 spoilers

- Frost Giants attack an underwater Roxxon Base
    - Cut to Thor on the moon in the previews.
    - Odin is being Odin and arguing with Freyja. Freyja wants him to coddle him in Odin's words. Odin doesn't coddle
    - Apparently everyone has tried to lift the hammer. They state maybe something is wrong with the hammer and since Odin enchanted it, he can pick it up.
    - Odin cannot lift the hammer. Odin is pissed. His ravens came and tell him frost giants have attacked Midgard
    - Odin states it is time to return to Asgardia. Freyja states it is time to head to Midgard.
    - Odin and Freyja have words. Odin basically states he is back and in charge and the time of the All Mothers has ended.
    - Thor runs off to the Hall of Weapons. Freyja is concerned for him as thor is in no state to fight. Odin tells Freyja to remember her place... Freyja looks at the Hammer curiously
    - Malekith is behind the Jotun attack and is demanding to know where something is.
    - Thor shows up with his Axe. Malekith makes fun of his lack of hammer and basically kicks Thor's ass.
    - Malekith then cuts off Thors hand and leaves him for dead

REVIEW

- Welp, that is how Thor loses his hand.
    - Good to see the return of dick head Odin. He has been missed.
    - They are really really hinting Freyja will be the new Thor and lift the hammer.

Color me intrigued.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Wow, that was a quick way to explain the "Time Runs out" in Avengers, but where are the Golden Apples, surely they would help restore Thor, right ?

thor is more THAN HIS HAMMER without his hammer he is a crybaby?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Excellent Review. I agree with all points here.

When I first read the idea of this change I was skeptical but since Aaron is writing this I gave it a chance. So far I'm very intrigued. I loved the characterization in these books. I really enjoyed Odin's dickhead holier than thou attitude. Its what I expect a Viking God should act. Not like Obi-Wan Kenobi. This is why I love Aaron's Work on Thor.

It looks like Freyja is going to be the new Thor. This I can accept and give a chance

Amazing Member

Aaron mentioned the first few issues would have some false trails. Maybe the Freya one is, maybe it isn't.

He does rule out Sif though. And apparently, most, if not all the more warlike Asgardians as well.

Also, the whole solo moon approach suggests whoever did get the hammer could already breathe in space. =S

And, yes, there's very little of Thor 2.0 in this version, btw, heh. And I swear, she's a little too scrawny. And yeah, Odin is a complete ass.

Mighty Member

man this succkssss!!!!!

thanks for the spoilers tho
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Maybe Freya change the Hammer's inscription so that a Female could lift it, given that she's the All-Mother and also since she knew that Odin would take back control when he returns.

The reason Sif couldn't lift it, was because of her own Tomboy-ish ways, which is good in battle, but not in true Lady nature.

I guess I'm alone in thinking this was not Odin's finest hour. Regardless of whether he should be able to pick up or not (he definitely should), he is the one that enchanted Mjolnir to look for the qualities Thor was still lacking before could be worthy. And having worked for those qualities is what used to make Thor such a noble hero. Just another sexist, petty-minded jerkwad that feels Thor can be shouted into being worthy wouildn't be capsble of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    We still do not know what was said to him. I will reserve judgement until then
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    And this is why men can't cry.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Maybe Freya change the Hammer's inscription so that a Female could lift it, given that she's the All-Mother and also since she knew that Odin would take back control when he returns.

The reason Sif couldn't lift it, was because of her own Tomboy-ish ways, which is good in battle, but not in true Lady nature.

Uh, what does this even mean?

Definitely think Freyja is behind creating a lady Thor. Really don't understand why Thor losing his arm was made so light of, it was off panel, seemed to be hamfisted in to get it over with. Why not make that a big moment for him in a big splash page?!

I wrote a full review with pictures here if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 10-01-2014 at 08:19 AM.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Definitely think Freyja is behind creating a lady Thor. Really don't understand why Thor losing his arm was made so light of, it was off panel, seemed to be hamfisted in to get it over with. Why not make that a big moment for him in a big splash page?!
    marvel dont no wut dey doin doe
    dats 100
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    marvel dont no wut dey doin doe
    dats 100
    Big enough deal to throw on a Marvel NOW publicity poster...not big enough to show in a panel.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Amazing Member

I think Frigga is a red herring, she's going to be battling with Odin magnificently but I don't think she has picked up the hammer.

This rules out Sif unless she was faking it when trying to lift the hammer but I see no reason for her to do that. Sif loves battle, she's prone to anger, arrogance and she has a selfish streak, I don't think she would be worthy anyway. She always represented to me Thor pre-banishment to contrast his change hence why they could never work together.
    Last edited by Superchick; 10-01-2014 at 08:17 AM.