Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, the Knickleheads continue their "Choke More For Okafor" campaign, displaying to a British audience why they stink like day old diapers, getting blown out in London, 95-79 to Milwaukee yesterday, and that was with Carmelo Anthony in the lineup. That loss was the Knicks' 16th straight, 26 out of their last 27 for a NBA worst 5-36. It's sure nice that my Sixers are no longer the league's undisputed laughingstock because the Knicks are going down historic roads of futility.
    If you're going to tank, go hard or go home.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Sixers put a wire to wire hurting on New Orleans last night, beating the Pelicans 96-81 behind Nerlens Noel who played a great game, scoring 17 points, pulling down 11 boards and blocking five shots. Of course, it didn't hurt that the Pelicans didn't play Anthony "Unibrow" Davis and former Sixer Jrue Holiday, but hey, a win is a win is a win. The ESPN article mentioned the catchy theme song the team plays after every home win, for anyone who's never heard it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd150
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Having a low post scoring threat (which OKC doesn't really have) makes it easier for the perimeter shooters. Many times, Westbrook and Durant drive to the hole. Hard to score if they come up against a team that defends the basket well and/or has a great defensive big. Westbrook and Durant also takes shots on the outside that are well defended. One of the major points of the game is to get the easiest shot possible. And what's easier than a 7 footer taking a shot inside of 10 feet of the basket? Then when teams focus on the big man, Westbrook and Durant can run wild.
    That sounds reasonable. Now, if this trade actually happens, we'll see if it's put into practice.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Los Angeles was very good to the Cleveland Cavaliers this week. Apparently embattled coach David Blatt cancelled practice on Wednesday and took the team bowling in Hollywood instead. What followed is back-to-back wins over the Lakers and Clippers.

Could this be the turning point the team needed so badly?
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Atlanta won their 12th straight last night, topping the Bulls 107-99. At 33-8, the Hawks have the best record in the East and trail only Golden State (32-6) for best record in the NBA. I have to say I certainly am impressed with how well the Hawks have played under Mike Budenholzer who deserves to be the front runner for Coach of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    Los Angeles was very good to the Cleveland Cavaliers this week. Apparently embattled coach David Blatt cancelled practice on Wednesday and took the team bowling in Hollywood instead. What followed is back-to-back wins over the Lakers and Clippers.

Lebron coming off the injured list and looking more athletic than he's been in 2 years might very well be the turning point.

The turning point was giving up 2 first-round picks for Mozgov. Mozgov was able to match Chris Webber in that respect.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, the Knickleheads continue their "Choke More For Okafor" campaign, displaying to a British audience why they stink like day old diapers, getting blown out in London, 95-79 to Milwaukee yesterday, and that was with Carmelo Anthony in the lineup. That loss was the Knicks' 16th straight, 26 out of their last 27 for a NBA worst 5-36. It's sure nice that my Sixers are no longer the league's undisputed laughingstock because the Knicks are going down historic roads of futility.
    Last season the bucks were a abysmal team that never won two straight games in a row which is awful considering how many regular season games a NBA team plays. The Knicks were a mediocre team that choked away a final playoff spot.
    I'm not sure many would have believed the above if you said this at the start of the season in regards to the Knicks being a incredible abysmal worst team, believable the bucks would be a decent team.

The knuckleheads or bowling pin knuckleheads are a threat to be worse than what the bobcats were in that shortened season.
    76ers management must be royally pissed off at how amazing the Knicks are at this abysmal succeeding at tanking far more than the 76ers.

Damn bulls can't get out of the mud, a lot of season left but seriously bulls need to get out of the mud.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    If you're going to tank, go hard or go home.
    If you can't tank even when your set up to be the worst that's a abysmal new kind of failure.

I agree with Adam silver a team can be set up to purposely tank but the players on the court I doubt are purposely trying to lose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post

They need a buy in from the stars.

Sixers vs. Knicks, a.k.a. the lame vs. the halt tonight. Should make for a titanic battle.

Looking at the voting leaders board for the all star starters it's time for the yearly outrage over homer fans putting past prime players on the all star team that don't really deserve to be there this year while younger players having breakout years get completely snubbed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Looking at the voting leaders board for the all star starters it's time for the yearly outrage over homer fans putting past prime players on the all star team that don't really deserve to be there this year while younger players having breakout years get completely snubbed.
    Meh Allstar is not a reward for the best players its for the most famous player. 1st Team All NBA is for the performance

More or less

Anyway here's the voting list

There are some encouraging things on it, Anthony Davis and John Wall being in the top 6 is awesome

So it looks like the starting 5 for each conference will be
    Lebron James, John Wall, Pau Gasol, Dwayne Wade, and Carmelo Anthony
    and
    Steph Curry, Anthony Davis, Kobe Bryant, Blake Griffin, and Marc Gasol

Actually on further thought this is a pretty dammed good starters list all things considered, I do think the Hawks deserve a starter but honestly the fact that Al Horford's even on the list is about as good as it gets. Kobe's the only one who isn't really at an all star level this year, but really it's too much to ask for him to not get that many votes(the fact that Jeremy Lin is above the people he is is far FAR more insulting all things considered) but I'd bet he'd be willing to sit out again like last year, and Harden will almost certainly start. Wade's still performing at an all star caliber level, however his health's been kinda iffy, so he may sit out as well, in which case Kyle Lowery would probably get the start.

There's been a lot of televised Cav games recently, and a couple things I've noticed, one is Timofey Mozgov is fitting in frighteningly well both with the Cavs in general and in a starters role and is starting to look like an absolute windfall for the team, his presence and Lebron's return is starting to make the Cavs actually look competent defensively and the fact that he's an athletic 7 foot 1 guy with good hands combined with Lebron's passing is terrifying defenses. Second is one J. R. Smith. While I will take his performance with a grain of salt on the offensive end as he's always been a streaky shooter, the effort he's showing on the defensive end is blowing me away. A complete turn around so far for a guy a lot of people were considering a clown, good for him.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-22-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    All-star voting, in ALL sports has always been about fans wanting to see the players they love or the "big stars", often regardless of age, effectiveness or injury. Hell, if Shaquille O'Neal or Magic Johnson were on the ballot, I have no doubt they'd get votes. As for those younger players who get snubbed, oh, well, sorry about their luck.