Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread

It's October. We're less than a month away from Opening Night of the new NBA season.

Training camps have already started for all 30 teams. Lots of hopes and expectations all across the continent (I see you, Toronto).

Any predictions? Who you got as the favorite for the next NBA champions? What about the league MVP? The Defensive Player of the Year? How do you think your favorite team is going to do this year?

Who's ready for some hoops?

Incredible Member

The Trail Blazers are ready! 13 of 15 players returning from last year, including all 5 starters, and the entire coaching and front office staffs. It's been a while since we had that kind of stability.

Go Rip City!
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

My Way-Too-Early Predictions For The 2014-2015 NBA Season (Mark 1.0)
    =======================================

1) Best Regular-Season Record Team: San Antonio Spurs (run smooth as ice all throughout the regular season)

2) Most Improved Team: Cleveland Cavaliers (really, there's no one else even competing for this)

3) Most Disappointing Team: Los Angeles Lakers (even with Kobe back, I don't see them finishing better than 9th in the Western Conference this year)

4) Hardest to Predict Team: Chicago Bulls (it all comes down to Derrick Rose)

5) Most Fascinating Team to Watch For All The Right Reasons: Los Angeles Clippers (Steve Ballmer's reign as new owner will be enjoyable)

6) Most Fascinating Team to Watch For All The Wrong Reasons: Miami Heat (Chris Bosh as an alpha player, Dwayne Wade's health, the giant LeBron-shaped hole in both their games)

7) Most Fascinating Team to Watch For All The Other Reasons: New York Knicks (Carmelo the most underrated superstar in the league ... really?)

8) Least Fascinating Team to Watch For Any Reason: Detroit Pistons (as a born-and-raised metro Detroiter, this pains me to say, but it feels true right now)

9) Most Make-Or-Break Season Team: Houston Rockets (If Dwight Howard and James Harden don't take another leap forward, then we've seen his ceiling already)

10) Least Make-Or-Break Season Team: Indiana Pacers (Anything they do this season is a bonus, thanks to Paul George's injury)

11) Offensive Player Of The Year / Scoring Champion: Kevin Durant (may one day challenge Kareem on the all-time career seasonal points list at this rate)

12) All-Defensive 1st Team: Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard

13) Defensive Player Of The Year: LeBron James (it's the one individual accolade he HASN'T won yet, and he wants it badly)

14) All-NBA 1st-Team: Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Anthony Davis

15) MVP Finalists: Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis

16) League MVP: LeBron James (will get ALL of the credit for Cleveland's likely turnaround season)

Can't even think about playoffs yet.

What are some of your predictions for this upcoming regular season?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-02-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Carmelo says he's the most underrated superstar.

I know that to be a obvious crap as he's a superstar that has greatly underachieved. So you can say a great underachieving superstar on a team the Knicks that is very mediocre.

believe Ray Allen's the remaining big FA question , and it may still be a while till he decides as he likely doesn't want to deal with training camp

Well Omeka Okafor's also still available