Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Comic-Con International Bans Selfie Sticks

Selfie sticks top a new list of prohibited technological devices at Comic-Con that also includes Google Glass, E-cigarettes and drones.

Full article here.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Awesome! The world in general should ban selfie sticks.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    Awesome! The world in general should ban selfie sticks.
    E-cigs and drones first. Then, let's worry about sticks with a clip on the end.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Amazing Member

Ban 12 foot angel wings while you are at it.
    I mean come on, lighten up, selfie sticks are good for taking better quality pictures than just sticking your arm out. I guess I could stop and wait a few minutes for a random passer by to take my picture with Batman, or I could just use my selfie stick right, take a good picture myself and be moving along in a matter of seconds.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    E-cigs and drones first. Then, let's worry about sticks with a clip on the end.
    Since I haven't been to a comic convention since the 90's I am going to assume drones aren't the US military spying on convention attendees.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    Since I haven't been to a comic convention since the 90's I am going to assume drones aren't the US military spying on convention attendees.
    They might be, if you're cosplaying as a soldier.

Incredible Member

Good for them.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

What's wrong with E-ciggs? They don't hurt anybody.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JokersNuts View Post
    Amen. Way to many cosplayers with huge protrusions on their costumes making it even more difficult to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What's wrong with E-ciggs? They don't hurt anybody.
    Prove it. Firstly, even if e-cigs were safe, most people don't want others blowing vapor "smoke" in their faces, clouding up their already-crowded space. Secondly, in enclosed spaces (which pretty much all Comic Con is, with how packed it is) e-cigs WILL expose bystanders to nicotine in the vapor. Also, propylene glycol is a main chemical in e-cigs - the same stuff used in fog machines, which can have a pretty bad effect on bystanders with asthmea.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/12/1...ond-hand-risk/
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/281762.php
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24336346
    Last edited by The Moish; 06-18-2015 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

I mean come on, lighten up, selfie sticks are good for taking better quality pictures than just sticking your arm out. I guess I could stop and wait a few minutes for a random passer by to take my picture with Batman, or I could just use my selfie stick right, take a good picture myself and be moving along in a matter of seconds.
    I was at one of the world's great tourist traps over the weekend and the things are a menace. Waving around a stick in a crowded place is bad news, I had to bob and weave a bit to avoid being poked. It's especially bad when you put expensive electronics on the end of it. When that phone gets broken, most people won't blame themselves for putting it on a stick. They'll blame whomever got poked with it or bumped them, leading to needless conflict.

BANNED

You and hundereds of other people = a major impediment to traffic flow. Surely life will go on without your selfie stick. just get someone to take your picture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I was at one of the world's great tourist traps over the weekend and the things are a menace. Waving around a stick in a crowded place is bad news, I had to bob and weave a bit to avoid being poked. It's especially bad when you put expensive electronics on the end of it. When that phone gets broken, most people won't blame themselves for putting it on a stick. They'll blame whomever got poked with it or bumped them, leading to needless conflict.
    You say, 'Tough shit.' and keep walking. They were the ones that put their iPhone on a goddam stick, not you.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    They might be, if you're cosplaying as a soldier.
    I googled it. You are right. Apparently too many people are organizing groups to cosplay as male insects?
    I also googled selfie stick cause I didn't know what they were. Again I happy that I am "out of touch".

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Let's see.

Real, deadly swords are okay, as long as they're peace bonded and remain sheathed.

But a stupid piece of aluminium and plastic gets banned? Smart.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

This is a travesty! What has the world come to?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force