Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I predict that my pathetic Sixers will win no more than 18 games this coming season, and that's an overly generous estimate. If it wasn't for all the mediocre teams and outright bottom feeders in the league, my squad would struggle to break 10 wins. Yes, they figure to be THAT bad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'm optimistic about this year. I think my Suns can win at least 50 this year, which should be good enough for the 7th or 8th seed.

My only concern is their lack of a back to the basket post up player. If they can find one in free agency, then they are set.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I predict that my pathetic Sixers will win no more than 18 games this coming season, and that's an overly generous estimate. If it wasn't for all the mediocre teams and outright bottom feeders in the league, my squad would struggle to break 10 wins. Yes, they figure to be THAT bad.
    But just imagine next year (2015-2016 season): A fully healthy Joel Embiid at C, a fully healthy Nerlins Noel at PF, an even better Michael Carter-Williams at SG, not to mention the likely overall #1 pick and another steal later in next year's draft (going for a top-flight PG and/or SF). That'll be a pretty stacked lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I'm optimistic about this year. I think my Suns can win at least 50 this year, which should be good enough for the 7th or 8th seed.

My only concern is their lack of a back to the basket post up player. If they can find one in free agency, then they are set.
    You guys got Eric Bledsoe, the Goran & Zoran Show in the backcourt, plus Super Morris Bros and ... Alex Len. Hmm. Well, the game is moving away from back-to-the-basket centers anyway. You guys should be fun as hell to watch.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

We need more world peace...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...fy-teddy-bears

The Pandas Friend.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

I've been a Denver Nuggets fan my whole life so I know pain, lol. With that said I still like the Brian Shaw hire and liked the way he and the team got on the same page as last year went on, and I'm a fan of the pieces they have. No superstar still probably equals no huge run in this league, but I think they'll get back in the playoff mix.

As for my championship prediction, without seeing much of anything yet, I'll ride San Antonio as its rather safe. Solid as solid gets.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    But just imagine next year (2015-2016 season): A fully healthy Joel Embiid at C, a fully healthy Nerlins Noel at PF, an even better Michael Carter-Williams at SG, not to mention the likely overall #1 pick and another steal later in next year's draft (going for a top-flight PG and/or SF). That'll be a pretty stacked lineup.
    Not to sound skeptical, but I'll believe that when it happens. In the meantime, Sixers fans have to suffer (heavy emphasis on "suffer") through this coming season which could well be worse than last season.

Who's your favorite Long-shot-to-make-it NBA player? The one you like for no good basketball reason, but you'd really like to see succeed?

For me, it's the rookie Sim Bhullar, a 7'5" 345-lb center, from the New Mexico State Aggies, who just made training camp with the Sacramento Kings.

That's Kings starting center DeMarcus Cousins, who is 6'11" 290 lbs standing next to him. Boogie looks like a guard next to Sim.

Sim taking a selfie with the rest of the team and owner

Not coincidentally, he's the 1st basketball player of South Asian / Indian descent to even make an NBA training camp.

I don't want him rotting on the end of the bench (a la Darko Milicic). Hopefully they'll ship him to start on their D-league team, get him up to NBA shape, and call him up later this season or next season.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Who's your favorite Long-shot-to-make-it NBA player? The one you like for no good basketball reason, but you'd really like to see succeed?

For me, it's the rookie Sim Bhullar, a 7'5" 345-lb center, from the New Mexico State Aggies, who just made training camp with the Sacramento Kings.

That's Kings starting center DeMarcus Cousins, who is 6'11" 290 lbs standing next to him. Boogie looks like a guard next to Sim.

Sim taking a selfie with the rest of the team and owner

Not coincidentally, he's the 1st basketball player of South Asian / Indian descent to even make an NBA training camp.

I don't want him rotting on the end of the bench (a la Darko Milicic). Hopefully they'll ship him to start on their D-league team, get him up to NBA shape, and call him up later this season or next season.
    Man! That IS a big dude! However, being a bench sitter might very well be his fate should he make the Kings' roster, IF he makes it. I'm not familiar with Sacramento and what kind of offense they utilize, but if they're a "run and gun" team, Sim would be a liability as guys that big are as speedy as an 18-wheeler in first gear. On the other hand, if they're a walk it up halfcourt team that puts an emphasis on defense, Sim would be useful as a rebounder and shot blocker. I've always been a fan of big men wreaking havoc in the paint, but they've been almost rendered obsolete in today's NBA as centers aren't as important as they used to be, and I find that sad. I think it would be cool if Sim makes the Kings.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Pierce and wizards are attempting to be the new Motor city bad boys and it's pitiful but still entertaining.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

The Pacers gave Vogel a multi-year extention.

While last season left a very sour taste in my mouth on Vogel, I think it was the right thing to do, especially when you can't judge his performance on what is going to be a rough season. Still, I can see the Pacers sneaking into the playoffs with defense, but a lot of their victories are not gonna be filled with SportsCenter highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There is a method to the madness in Philly, they are setting themselves up for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    There is a method to the madness in Philly, they are setting themselves up for the next decade.
    Oh, I know that. So do Adam Silver and his henchmen in the NBA offices as they're trying to "tweak" the Draft to prevent teams like the Sixers from overtly tanking like crazy in order to land a high draft pick. I find that highly ironic, even though my squad went down the drain last season, including a 26-game losing streak, they still managed no better than the third pick. But the NBA clearly doesn't like the Sixers blatantly being epically bad so they can get a top pick, thus their plans to alter the Draft, but given how things work in the league, there's no other way mediocre teams and bottom feeders can get better.

Kevin Durant's out indefinitely with a fracture in his foot, could be as long as 8 weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_fracture

Bradley Beal is also out for 2 months with a broken wrist
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-12-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Kevin Durant's out indefinitely with a fracture in his foot, could be as long as 8 weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_fracture

Bradley Beal is also out for 2 months with a broken wrist
    Whoa! That's not good. Without KD, the Thunder goes from contenders to pretenders, and out in the West which is already stacked, OKC will be in big time trouble without Durant.