Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Watching TNT's pre-game coverage for opening night right now. Pretty cool seeing the San Antonio Spurs get their rings and unveil their 5th championship banner.

Prediction for this San Antonio Spurs vs Dallas Mavericks 1st game of the season: With Kahwi Leonard out, Mavericks eek out a win. We'll see ...

Couple minutes in first way too early impression is that Chandler looks completely revitalized to be back on the Mavs and he looks like he'll make a BIG impact

Edit: This matchup just continues to be fantastic, great start to the season,

Edit 2: Anthony Davis kicks the season off with 26 points, 17 rebounds(NINE(!) of them offensive), and 9 blocks...

Edit 3: well that's about as bad an opener the Lakers could have asked for, blown out, and Julius Randle carted off with what's reported to be a broken leg
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-28-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Lakers' next four game: @Suns, Clippers, Warriors, Suns.

They won't be winning any of those games and they won't even get close.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quick breakdown of Opening Night's 3 games:

Well, I was right about the season opener between the Spurs and the Mavs being a eeker (close game), just not about who would win (Spurs did). Good game, tho.

Anthony Davis showing why he will be LeBron James' biggest challenger for both the Season Most Valuable Player and the Defensive Player of the Year awards (since LeBron is gunning for both).

The only way that last game could have been worse for the L.A. Lakers would be if that had been Kobe Bryant breaking his own leg instead of rookie Julius Randle. Also, Kobe continuing to show why he just doesn't get along with true centers (first Shaquille O'Neal, then Andrew Bynum and finally Dwight Howard).

Looking forward to Thursday night's Cleveland Cavaliers opener!
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-29-2014 at 01:30 PM.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

This year's Laker team wishes they were as good as the 93-94 Lakeres...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993%E2..._Lakers_season
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, the only team in the NBA that figures to worse, no, much worse than the Lakers are my sad sack Sixers who launch their second season of epic tanking in Indiana tonight. I've seen the opening night roster, and to call this kennel of mutts a D-League team would be the worse sort of insult....to a D-League team. My early over/under on wins is 16, no way they'll challenge the immortal 1972-73 squad that went 9-73 is because there's too many mediocre teams and outright bottom feeders that even the Sixers will be able to beat.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-29-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looking for The Massive afrocarter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Anthony Davis showing why he will be LeBron James' biggest challenger for both the Season Most Valuable Player and the Defensive Player of the Year awards (since LeBron is gunning for both).
    AD is a beast, but it'll all come down to wins. The Pelicans will have to win at least 50 games, I think, in order for Davis to be considered an MVP candidate, and they'll have to maintain a top-10 defense for him to be considered for the DPOY. The latter is plausible, especially with Asik in the middle. Not so sure about the Pellies winning 50 games in the West...!

Well, I was right about the season opener between the Spurs and the Mavs being a eeker (close game), just not about who would win (Spurs did). Good game, tho.

The only way that last game could have been worse for the L.A. Lakers would be if that had been Kobe Bryant breaking his own leg instead of rookie Julius Randle. Also, Kobe continuing to show why he just doesn't get along with true centers (first Shaquille O'Neal, then Andrew Bynum and finally Dwight Howard).

Looking forward to tonight's Cleveland Cavaliers opener!
    Mavs looked pretty good in the loss, that AD/Asik combo is gonna be fun to watch, and the Lakers are a mess and I love it!! Go Celts!!!

Looking forward to tonight's Cleveland Cavaliers opener!
    Cleveland opens their season Thursday night on TNT, not tonight on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    Cleveland opens their season Thursday night on TNT, not tonight on ESPN.
    You're right. My bad. Fixed it.

The first time they do the player intro for LeBron James in Cleveland's home opener tomorrow night is going to be bananas.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, the only team in the NBA that figures to worse, no, much worse than the Lakers are my sad sack Sixers who launch their second season of epic tanking in Indiana tonight. I've seen the opening night roster, and to call this kennel of mutts a D-League team would be the worse sort of insult....to a D-League team. My early over/under on wins is 16, no way they'll challenge the immortal 1972-73 squad that went 9-73 is because there's too many mediocre teams and outright bottom feeders that even the Sixers will be able to beat.
    NBADraft.net has your Sixers taking Jahil Okafor 2nd in the draft.

That is purely speculation but while I could see tanking for guys like Wiggins there isn't anybody I see in next years draft worth tanking FOR.

What am I missing?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    NBADraft.net has your Sixers taking Jahil Okafor 2nd in the draft.

That is purely speculation but while I could see tanking for guys like Wiggins there isn't anybody I see in next years draft worth tanking FOR.

What am I missing?
    Damned if I know. The Sixers already have Nerlens Noel who makes his debut tonight and Joel Embiid coming next year, this Okafor kid, a behemoth from what I've read sounds like another raw project like Embiid. I guess Sixers fans will find out, one way or another.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There are always guys that come out of nowhere to be "worth tanking for" in the course of a season.

I don't think I've ever hated a team in any sport as much as I hate this Pacers team.

BANNED

Another Kentucky Player with a leg Injury. Julius Randle for the Lakers. What is the conditioning regiment like at UK that all these players come down with injuries?