Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny Avengers #25 Spoilers/Discussion

If you wanted to see a good set-up issue before the Axis event, this is the issue you should read. It's also the issue you should read if you want to see a very bad-@$$ Magneto.

I have to say that this is an amazing issue, to bad it happens to be the final issue of Uncanny Avengers, but at least Axis starts next week.

So with that said, let's get on to the spoilers.

-Red Skull has Havok, Scarlet Witch, and Rouge(and by extension Simon) all frozen in place while he has Magneto watch.
    -He forces Magneto to the ground and wants him to kneel, however Magneto kneels for no man especially a mutant hating Nazi with Xavier's brain.
    -Wham! He knocks out Red Skull
    -Assemble on their Asses!
    -We see the fight from Wanda's perspective, as she struggles with her feelings about her father
    -In one quick move, Magneto kills the S-men
    -He then bashes in Red Skull's skull with a cinder block
    -The other heroes look horrified but before they can react...
    -RED ONSLAUGHT!!!

Yeah... This is why Magneto has his own Ongoing series and is not one to be messed with, not to mention an amazing start into Axis. Great art, great action,and great characterization,not to mention how much more excited I am for Axis to start next week, so I have to give this a 10/10.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hmmm... I wonder if Red Skull knew that would happen. If so that's a pretty darn risky plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    If you wanted to see a good set-up issue before the Axis event, this is the issue you should read. It's also the issue you should read if you want to see a very bad-@$$ Magneto.

I have to say that this is an amazing issue, to bad it happens to be the final issue of Uncanny Avengers, but at least Axis starts next week.

So with that said, let's get on to the spoilers.

-Red Skull has Havok, Scarlet Witch, and Rouge(and by extension Simon) all frozen in place while he has Magneto watch.
    -He forces Magneto to the ground and wants him to kneel, however Magneto kneels for no man especially a mutant hating Nazi with Xavier's brain.
    -Wham! He knocks out Red Skull
    -Assemble on their Asses!
    -We see the fight from Wanda's perspective, as she struggles with her feelings about her father
    -In one quick move, Magneto kills the S-men
    -He then bashes in Red Skull's skull with a cinder block
    -The other heroes look horrified but before they can react...
    -RED ONSLAUGHT!!!

Yeah... This is why Magneto has his own Ongoing series and is not one to be messed with, not to mention an amazing start into Axis. Great art, great action,and great characterization,not to mention how much more excited I am for Axis to start next week, so I have to give this a 10/10.
    The Other Heroes think that killing a genocidal Nazi to stop him make Magneto as bad as the Red-Skull. WTF? WTF really WTF?

By That Standard ordinary soldiers are "worse than Hitler" Magento was doing good and necessary work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    The Other Heroes think that killing a genocidal Nazi to stop him make Magneto as bad as the Red-Skull. WTF? WTF really WTF?

By That Standard ordinary soldiers are "worse than Hitler" Magento was doing good and necessary work.
    Ah yes, because unleashing Onslaught was a good thing.

violence begets violence

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

Violence begets violence.
    Alright that's a really BS response considering all the heroes ever do is answer violence with violence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    It reminds me of that bit from Batman: The Animated Series when Catwoman was about to let some bad guy fall to his death.

Batgirl: Stop! If you kill him, you're no better than he is.
    Catwoman: Oh, grow up. (Lets him fall)

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

violence begets violence
    That does seem to happen a lot with Mags. You can argue Magneto murdering Quicksilver is what set Wanda off at the end of House of M. He does seem to have a bad knack of inadvertenty making things worse through violence.

So Mr Nazi Red Skull was putting Mutants in concentration camp and they are angry MAGNETO of all people killed him. Thats like both of his nightmares combined.

The "you're no better than he is" line was shit. Come on Rogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    Alright that's a really BS response considering all the heroes ever do is answer violence with violence.
    Magneto isn't a superhero, and most heroes don't kill scores of people in a rage. I'm not saying Magneto was 'wrong' or that he shouldn't have killed them(I wanted him to!), but his actions have only perpetuated the cycle. However, this is a superhero book and that's to be expected.
    Last edited by sprior93; 10-01-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Yeah, most sane people would high five Magneto, then freak out about Onslaught.

That came off incredibly hollow. Stupid at that. It's Red Skull with the psychic abilities of Professor X. There's no going back from that, unless you send him to like the Negative Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So Mr Nazi Red Skull was putting Mutants in concentration camp and they are angry MAGNETO of all people killed him. Thats like both of his nightmares combined.

The "you're no better than he is" line was shit. Come on Rogue.
    I don't think they literally believe Magneto is as bad as Red Skull. But it's a fair line for most super heroes to give if someone killed someone. Most (though not ALL super heroes) are opposed to that sort of thing. Wolverine or Punisher be cool with it, but for a fair amount this is the reaction we really should expect.

I had the feeling that the Red Onslaught was going to be because of the Skull being almost killed or pushing Xavier's brain to its limit. After all, Onslaught was the dark persona of Xavier that took years to fester before finally it wore Chuck out and he gave in. The Red Skull being such a user of Xavier's brain would have seen the Onslaught portion and probably given completely in by now. So, having it be Magneto to kill off all the S-Men and then bash the Red Skull's head in pushed him over the edge and the power went into him. Makes plenty of sense to me. Sounds like a great issue.
    Mooper Films

not surprised that while magneto is trying to save the mutant race, wanda stands in the background monologuing about her daddy issues.

I haven't read the issue yet, but it's not like Magneto hasn't done some messed up stuff. He was a villain for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think they literally believe Magneto is as bad as Red Skull. But it's a fair line for most super heroes to give if someone killed someone. Most (though not ALL super heroes) are opposed to that sort of thing. Wolverine or Punisher be cool with it, but for a fair amount this is the reaction we really should expect.
    Its not a fair line. Its made little sense 9/10 times its used.