Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

"never for me!" wow, wanda. how about go rescue a concentration camp victim instead of throw a tantrum about how your daddy never loved you. smh

BANNED

OMG, you killed Hitler! You are no better than him!

WTF, Remender?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    not surprised that while magneto is trying to save the mutant race, wanda stands in the background monologuing about her daddy issues.
    Heh heh.
    Another example of how things stick to a character: Wanda was not (as I've often said) a daddy-issues character before issue #7 of House of M, but like the idea that her powers could drive her mad, the idea that she wants Magneto to love her will remain part of her character forever.

Well, at least this time she wasn't the one comparing a mutant revolutionary to the Red Skull.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    If you wanted to see a good set-up issue before the Axis event, this is the issue you should read. It's also the issue you should read if you want to see a very bad-@$$ Magneto.

I have to say that this is an amazing issue, to bad it happens to be the final issue of Uncanny Avengers, but at least Axis starts next week.

So with that said, let's get on to the spoilers.

-Red Skull has Havok, Scarlet Witch, and Rouge(and by extension Simon) all frozen in place while he has Magneto watch.
    -He forces Magneto to the ground and wants him to kneel, however Magneto kneels for no man especially a mutant hating Nazi with Xavier's brain.
    -Wham! He knocks out Red Skull
    -Assemble on their Asses!
    -We see the fight from Wanda's perspective, as she struggles with her feelings about her father
    -In one quick move, Magneto kills the S-men
    -He then bashes in Red Skull's skull with a cinder block
    -The other heroes look horrified but before they can react...
    -RED ONSLAUGHT!!!

Yeah... This is why Magneto has his own Ongoing series and is not one to be messed with, not to mention an amazing start into Axis. Great art, great action,and great characterization,not to mention how much more excited I am for Axis to start next week, so I have to give this a 10/10.
    Yeah, this was a bad ass issue. If you love to see Magneto unleash holy hell, this is the book to read. The other heroes here are weak-kneed, of course, but if everyone was as hardcore as Magneto, what would be the point? Even though Magneto's killing of Red Skull didn't quite work out for the best, it was still a wonderfully cathartic, "holy sh*t!!" moment!

As for this being the "final issue" of Uncanny Avengers, I think it'll be back once Axis is over - unless it's rebranded as "Astonishing Avengers" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Its not a fair line. Its made little sense 9/10 times its used.
    The time it was used was immediately after Magneto just smashed someone over the head with a cinder block. To me it made sense. That's the sort of knee jerk reaction a lot of heroes would have after someone killed another person in a fairly brutal fashion.

It's not about necessarily being factually correct as far as their rankings of super heroes go... it's just about a strong emotional reaction stemming from a fairly brutal scene. All things considered, not that big a deal and a pretty normal reaction for MOST heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but it's not like Magneto hasn't done some messed up stuff. He was a villain for a long while.
    In this case nothing he did even closely resembles messed up, He acted like a decent man would in the circumstances if he had the power to do so.

But in RRs world killing Nazis in a fight makes you as bad as the Nazi's.

A whole generation is whirling in their graves

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

WTF, Remender?
    It's the characters talking, not Remender, and isn't that really the position that most heroes would take - to condemn killing? And in this case, much of their outrage isn't just to do with killing the Skull but the idea that in killing the Skull Magneto is also potentially killing whatever might be left of Xaiver.

someone call the x-men please.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

WTF, Remender?
    I don't think Remender will be the first or the last writer to potray super heroes against killing even bad guys. I feel like a broken record here, but I think this is pretty much the expected response MOST heroes would have to someone smashing another persons head with a cinder block.

Not everyone is Wolverine.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Its not a fair line. Its made little sense 9/10 times its used.
    This ^

Pretty much. That line should be discarded down to the very lowest depths where trite cliches go to die...never to see the light of day...ever again.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's the characters talking, not Remender, and isn't that really the position that most heroes would take - to condemn killing? And in this case, much of their outrage isn't just to do with killing the Skull but the idea that in killing the Skull Magneto is also potentially killing whatever might be left of Xaiver.
    Yeah, if THAT PIECE OF INFO WAS STATED IN THE DIALOGUE, then the wording would not be off as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Remender will be the first or the last writer to potray super heroes against killing even bad guys. I feel like a broken record here, but I think this is pretty much the expected response MOST heroes would have to someone smashing another persons head with a cinder block.

he's a nazi with the most powerful telepath's stolen brain who is standing in the middle of an active concentration camp.

all of these people have killed for far less crimes than this. it's ridiculous. why is magneto the only character in this issue with his priorities straight??

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

And not everyone is Magneto.

Rogue said something similar when they were both in the Savage Land going up against megalomaniac Zala Dane. (And he ended up killing her too). At this point in literature the line itself is a tired, horrible cliche.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yeah, if THAT PIECE OF INFO WAS STATED IN THE DIALOGUE, then the wording would not be off as it is now.
    For readers at least I don't think it has to be stated. We already know that Rogue believes there's a bit of Xavier left in there.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    someone call the x-men please.
    They'll be there next week in Axis #1, along with the Avengers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.