Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sure they'll try real hard to remember that when the Red Onslaught begins.
    Most likely they won't forget magnetos heroic deed on that day.

It's been mentioned a couple times, but the possiblity of Xavier being killed was likely also a factor.

Though yes, generally speaking heroes are against killing. I am surprised so many are surprised at that reaction.
    Even Captain America killed nazis. Only the most limp-wristed pacifists would object to killing a nazi commander in the middle of their own concentration camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Exactly! This whole scene just feels culturally tone deaf of the heroes. It goes beyond superheroics and mutants. Red Skull is super hitler.

Nevermind that this isn't the first time Magneto has tried to kill Red Skull. He just decided to make it quicker and more definitive this time.
    Being Culturally tone deaf the primary theme of the UA

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    I am pretty sure that I could pull up a long list of people Rogue has gotten killed or killed herself. Probably very much longer if you include aliens among the category "people" (which you should). So, y'know, hipocrisy is a factor here, too.
    She may have killed people in combat situations (I can't recally too many off the top of my head) but how many has she flat out killed after they were down and beaten?

The only killing I can think of off the top of my head was Wanda, and she seemingly regrets doing that. While I imagine Mags will in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Being Culturally tone deaf the primary theme of the UA
    Since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    I am pretty sure that I could pull up a long list of people Rogue has gotten killed or killed herself. Probably very much longer if you include aliens among the category "people" (which you should). So, y'know, hipocrisy is a factor here, too.

Again, I am all for heroes not killing easily, but I am also for a degree of practicality. "Genocidal nazi" is very much in the latter category and for Rogue to not recognize that makes her less of a good character. It is not as if the Red Skull was helpless, like with Bin Laden when he got killed.
    Please list them. This should be good.

Lol, Uncanny Avengers are a bunch of whiners. Really, they are mad at Magneto for doing what's right? Rogue saying he's not better than the Red Skull? LOL And Scarlet freaking Witch whining about her daddy issues when he's trying to save everyone.

Wow, Remender really showed that Magneto is the only true Mutant who cares about mutant kind. I really hate even more the Uncanny Avengers now.

Can we not have another one of these stupid "moral" debates especially over as something as stupid and insignificant as one line and actually discuss what happened in the issue?

Like why crushing the Red Skull's face made him massive and gave him a big Onslaught armor suit?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    rogue knows how dangerous charles is and even if she loved him she would never risk skull harming another mutant with charles mind. her reaction here is totally OOC and flies in the face of her entire history.
    I disagree. If there's even a chance Charles would return, she (and the vast majority of the rest of the X-Men) would take it. If Red Skull needs to be captured and contained, then they have the potential means of doing that.

Good to se another uncanny avengers/remender thread heading down this path
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I disagree. If there's even a chance Charles would return, she (and the vast majority of the rest of the X-Men) would take it. If Red Skull needs to be captured and contained, then they have the potential means of doing that.
    you also agree that calling a holocaust survivor no better than hitler for killing a madman in a concentration camp is justified.

BANNED

She may have killed people in combat situations (I can't recally too many off the top of my head) but how many has she flat out killed after they were down and beaten?

The only killing I can think of off the top of my head was Wanda, and she seemingly regrets doing that. While I imagine Mags will in a second.
    Actually, I think he won't. He may regret that him killing the Red Skull inexplicably brought about a more powerful version of him, but the act of killing the Skull is nothing I think he'd ever regret doing. With full rights.

I'm sure they'll try real hard to remember that when the Red Onslaught begins.
    Tey will likley remeberr tha whenMagento tried to take the Skull down the other there just kibitzed and criticized instead of helping.

Bluebird

Were even all of the Unity Squad members present, or just Rogue/Scarlet Witch/Havok seeing Magneto deal with the Skull the way he did?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you also agree that calling a holocaust survivor no better than hitler for killing a madman in a concentration camp is justified.
    if that holocaust survivor is a mass murder who attempted to start World War 3, then I don't have a huge problem with it. Again, Magneto's no saint.