Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Wanda saw them mutants being torture and still tried to stop magneto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Were even all of the Unity Squad members present, or just Rogue/Scarlet Witch/Havok seeing Magneto deal with the Skull the way he did?
    Only those three were kidnapped and taken to the camp, yes.

On another subject: boy, will this be an unsatisfying ending for the Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stussyjones View Post
    Wanda saw them mutants being torture and still tried to stop magneto.
    I'm surprised no one has gotten mad yet about her inner monologue about how the S-Men should be kept alive and brought to justice. "Why don't you stand trial, Wanda? Why don't you stand trial? Where is your justice now!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Were even all of the Unity Squad members present, or just Rogue/Scarlet Witch/Havok seeing Magneto deal with the Skull the way he did?
    It was only Havok, Rogue, and Scarlet Witch, Red Skull managed to capture them while the other team members were away.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Please list them. This should be good.
    I think at this time I won't, given that I need to leave for a night shift in two hours. Doing this would involve a pretty big deal of research and I don't have the time at the moment (nor do I think that it would be worth it for the miniscule amusement it would provide anybody and XPac would dismiss it anyway. It's the internet, after all, discussions never go anywhere outside of "in circles"). I probably should not have brought it up in the first place.

But I still would be shocked if she didn't have a lot of skeletons in her closet. The things I have from the top of my head are her slurping up Carol Denvers personality like a milkshake and leaving Gambit to die of exposure in the Antarctic. And, again, I would be shocked if she hasn't killed hundreds of aliens, like the Brood.
    Last edited by magnuskn; 10-01-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Only those three were kidnapped and taken to the camp, yes.

On another subject: boy, will this be an unsatisfying ending for the Omnibus.

I'm surprised no one has gotten mad yet about her inner monologue about how the S-Men should be kept alive and brought to justice. "Why don't you stand trial, Wanda? Why don't you stand trial? Where is your justice now!?"
    Lol totally forgot about that. Well she has friends in high places so she would never go to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    i mentioned it earlier and haven't forgotten about it. we'll get back to her once this more pressing outrage is addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    I think at this time I won't, given that I need to leave for a night shift in two hours..
    off the top of my head - the adversary, mystique, scarlet witch (multiple attempts), and grim reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    I think at this time I won't, given that I need to leave for a night shift in two hours. Doing this would involve a pretty big deal of research and I don't have the time at the moment (nor do I think that it would be worth it for the miniscule amusement it would provide anybody and XPac would dismiss it anyway. It's the internet, after all, discussions never go anywhere outside of "in circles"). I probably should not have brought it up in the first place.

But I still would be shocked if she didn't have a lot of skeletons in her closed. The things I have from the top of my head are her slurping up Carol Denvers personality like a milkshake and leaving Gambit to die of exposure in the Antarctic. And, again, I would be shocked if she hasn't killed hundreds of aliens, like the Brood.
    No worries. Rogue has only ONE kill. She killed the Goth in Revolution.

Edit: Yes, she killed the Grimm Reaper as well. So two kills.
    Last edited by jen; 10-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    off the top of my head - the adversary, mystique, scarlet witch (multiple attempts), and grim reaper.
    Thanks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yeah, most sane people would high five Magneto, then freak out about Onslaught.

That came off incredibly hollow. Stupid at that. It's Red Skull with the psychic abilities of Professor X. There's no going back from that, unless you send him to like the Negative Zone.
    Or give him a lobotomy. After all, it's not like the lobes are his to begin with.

And honestly, Magneto could wield an icepick with his powers adroitly enough to perform the procedure without killing Skull. He's got the medical knowledge to do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    If you wanted to see a good set-up issue before the Axis event, this is the issue you should read. It's also the issue you should read if you want to see a very bad-@$$ Magneto.

I have to say that this is an amazing issue, to bad it happens to be the final issue of Uncanny Avengers, but at least Axis starts next week.

So with that said, let's get on to the spoilers.

-Red Skull has Havok, Scarlet Witch, and Rouge(and by extension Simon) all frozen in place while he has Magneto watch.
    -He forces Magneto to the ground and wants him to kneel, however Magneto kneels for no man especially a mutant hating Nazi with Xavier's brain.
    -Wham! He knocks out Red Skull
    -Assemble on their Asses!
    -We see the fight from Wanda's perspective, as she struggles with her feelings about her father
    -In one quick move, Magneto kills the S-men
    -He then bashes in Red Skull's skull with a cinder block
    -The other heroes look horrified but before they can react...
    -RED ONSLAUGHT!!!

Yeah... This is why Magneto has his own Ongoing series and is not one to be messed with, not to mention an amazing start into Axis. Great art, great action,and great characterization,not to mention how much more excited I am for Axis to start next week, so I have to give this a 10/10.
    Wait, so which of them becomes Red Onslaught, or is Red Onslaught a psychic emanation like the original Onslaught, just with Red Skull's psyche mixed in? And what happens to Magneto?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think they literally believe Magneto is as bad as Red Skull. But it's a fair line for most super heroes to give if someone killed someone. Most (though not ALL super heroes) are opposed to that sort of thing. Wolverine or Punisher be cool with it, but for a fair amount this is the reaction we really should expect.
    Jim Hammond, on the other hand, would have happily high-fived him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    No worries. Rogue has only ONE kill. She killed the Goth in Revolution.

Edit: Yes, she killed the Grimm Reaper as well. So two kills.
    Grim Reaper was an accident, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's the characters talking, not Remender, and isn't that really the position that most heroes would take - to condemn killing? And in this case, much of their outrage isn't just to do with killing the Skull but the idea that in killing the Skull Magneto is also potentially killing whatever might be left of Xaiver.
    Xavier was dead and buried, and there's no reason to assume he's now alive and able to be re-embodied in the parts of his brain Skull has grafted on. As for most heroes condemning killing, I don't know about these circumstances warranting it.... if Magneto was wrong to use lethal force in this instance, then the Allies were wrong to bomb the Axis nations (at all, not specifying any particular sites), and the heroes would roundly condemn the original Human Torch for having fricasseed Hitler.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you also agree that calling a holocaust survivor no better than hitler for killing a madman in a concentration camp is justified.
    During Carey's Legacy run Magneto told Rogue how he killed a high ranking Nazi back in the day and how those dark times shaped him to become the monster he was and Rogue did not think it was justified then either. This is not new ground Remender is covering.