Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why am I just hearing about this now?
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Awesome possum! I'll be picking this up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Why am I just hearing about this now?
    Oh, I don't know ... you missed all of the previous posts since last October 1st?
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

Lightbulb The Strangers: Theme Kit

Superman meets a cult of followers and their analagous cynicism advocates.

The Man of Steel could always use a good fan base, but it seems such stories draw attention to a modern age fantasy storytelling theme trend: The Strangers.

If you've seen the Liv Tyler Hollywood (USA) movie "The Strangers" (2008), you may have noticed that the motion picture industry has always paid artistic attention to suspense-themed movie-story ideas about unanticipated visitors or uncomfortable events.

Well, this theme goes back to original versions of "The Fly" (Jeff Goldblum) and "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (Donald Sutherland): can we use sociology to explain the unanticipated uncertainty associated with 'mob psychology outbreaks?'

While Batman (DC Comics) and Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) seem to rely more heavily on press support and mob support, Superman (DC Comics) certainly benefits from reduced threats from the masses or even from underground cults.

As a fan of Green Arrow (DC Comics), I like linking the super-archer to Robin Hood. Certainly, Superman wouldn't mind if a cult praised his deeds (as long as the Man of Steel can shield them from strange forays).

Invasion of the Body Snatchers